Michael Brown Case

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Surprised nobody is talking about the riots in St Louis.

Post by Borgholio »

Ghetto edit:

New autopsy results. Brown was shot 6 times and they did NOT find any gunpowder residue on his body (the clothing has yet to be tested).

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/mi ... .html?_r=0

Looking at the diagram in the link, the entry wounds appear to be on the inside of his arm...which would make sense if he had his arms raised in a surrender motion.

Well then. The cop is fucked.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Or he could have been reaching out with that arm. There's a number of conclusions that CAN be drawn. I will say that it does show that the witness accounts weren't correct as there's no entry wounds in the back.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

#America
JADAFETWA
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Isn't this what Palin warned us about? Where's the citizen militia to save the day?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

happening.gif
JADAFETWA
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Gandalf wrote:Isn't this what Palin warned us about? Where's the citizen militia to save the day?
Don't give those fuckers ideas.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Gandalf wrote:Isn't this what Palin warned us about? Where's the citizen militia to save the day?
Well the National Guard has been deployed. If this keeps escalating I'm sure there will eventually be a bunch of assholes with guns running around. Other than the Police, that is.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Borgholio wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:
Well the National Guard has been deployed. If this keeps escalating I'm sure there will eventually be a bunch of assholes with guns running around. Other than the Police, that is.
Look at the bright side: Maybe enough gun-toting civilian assholes will take pot shots at or in the vicinity of the National Guard (at least some of whom have probably been to an actual war recently) and see what getting AmericaFuckYeah'd really looks like to effect a measurable shift in Missouri's voting demographics and possibly in future gun-toting civilian asshole thought. We can hope, right?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Look at the bright side: Maybe enough gun-toting civilian assholes will take pot shots at or in the vicinity of the National Guard (at least some of whom have probably been to an actual war recently) and see what getting AmericaFuckYeah'd really looks like to effect a measurable shift in Missouri's voting demographics and possibly in future gun-toting civilian asshole thought. We can hope, right?
Please don't make me giggle when I'm on the phone with a customer. :)
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Block wrote:Or he could have been reaching out with that arm. There's a number of conclusions that CAN be drawn. I will say that it does show that the witness accounts weren't correct as there's no entry wounds in the back.
Given the normal training for weapons use for professionals and the natural tendancies of shooters I'd say its extremely unlikely that the cop was shooting at let alone hit four times an outstretched limb held away from the center of mass. Possible i suppose, but unlikely in my opinion.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

apparently the shopkeeper has come forward to say there never was a robbery and he never reported anything to the police, followed by the cctv of Mike paying for the cigars.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

madd0ct0r wrote:apparently the shopkeeper has come forward to say there never was a robbery and he never reported anything to the police, followed by the cctv of Mike paying for the cigars.
Got a link?
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Post by cadbrowser »

madd0ct0r wrote:apparently the shopkeeper has come forward to say there never was a robbery and he never reported anything to the police, followed by the cctv of Mike paying for the cigars.
Whoa...wait, what!? That came so far from left field I am in shock. Do you have a link or anything? I will use my google-fu to see if I can come up with it but if you can share your source, that'd be great.

I live in MO on the other side (KC Side) and I've been following this pretty hard. Came here to get the communities analysis as I generally trust the impartiality of this forum than news sources.

Anyway...back to lurking.
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

OH SNAP withheld pending citation...

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Why and how do the police have the video if there was no crime reported?
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Post by cadbrowser »

I cannot find anything using google search to verify madd0ct0r's claim above. Anyone else?

Is madd0ct0r known for shit posting or trolling?

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Alas, I cannot find any verification of that part either. We should ask Maddoc where that came from.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Patroklos wrote:
Block wrote:Or he could have been reaching out with that arm. There's a number of conclusions that CAN be drawn. I will say that it does show that the witness accounts weren't correct as there's no entry wounds in the back.
Given the normal training for weapons use for professionals and the natural tendancies of shooters I'd say its extremely unlikely that the cop was shooting at let alone hit four times an outstretched limb held away from the center of mass. Possible i suppose, but unlikely in my opinion.
Do you reach outside of shoulder width to grab at something?
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

I am missing what you are getting at, can you clarify?
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

cash on the counter. 32 seconds in. initally saw it on tumblr, was hoping a more creditable source would have come out since.

shop owner is trying to distance themselves as much as possible
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/20 ... /14138121/
Last edited by madd0ct0r on 2014-08-18 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

From what I read, they did try to pay for one box but snagged a few more when the shopkeeper's back was turned. So far though, there is no evidence to say that Brown is one of the kids who actually stole the cigars.
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Post by cadbrowser »

madd0ct0r wrote:cash on the counter. 32 seconds in. initally saw it on tumblr, was hoping a more creditable source would have come out since.

-SNIP VIDEO CLIP-

shop owner is trying to distance themselves as much as possible
I didn't see any cash on the counter. Video quality is very poor.

Looks like he did reach WAY in towards the end there. He picked up a bunch of stuff up off the floor. What was that? Looked like quite a bit of stuff, not a box of mini cigars.

How old was Michael again?

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

madd0ct0r wrote:cash on the counter. 32 seconds in. initally saw it on tumblr, was hoping a more creditable source would have come out since.
You're watching what looks like a cell video taken of a video on someone's screen. Makes me think of the 'shoped stills back when Zimmerman was brought in.
madd0ct0r wrote:shop owner is trying to distance themselves as much as possible
He wants to still be able to do business there in the future.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

I think he has more immediate concerns about not being burnt to the ground in the here and now.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Raw Shark wrote:Look at the bright side: Maybe enough gun-toting civilian assholes will take pot shots at or in the vicinity of the National Guard (at least some of whom have probably been to an actual war recently) and see what getting AmericaFuckYeah'd really looks like to effect a measurable shift in Missouri's voting demographics and possibly in future gun-toting civilian asshole thought. We can hope, right?
That would make a bunch of martyrs for the militia nuts and be seen as proof of government oppression. It would probably lead to more violence.

Also, I don't see a mini-civil war as something positive because it would kill some political opponents.

I don't find people on the left fantasizing about the other side getting gunned down any more appealing than people on the Right doing it. I just don't see a war on America's streets as a good thing in any scenario.