World Cup 2014

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Spekio
Jedi Knight

Re: World Cup 2014

Post by Spekio »

Crown wrote:I feel sorry for Brazil and her fans, but not for this seleção; too many of them carry the taint of the Mourinho, hope they ship 3 more!

Vá se fuder.

Argh, this is embarassing.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Spekio wrote:
Crown wrote:I feel sorry for Brazil and her fans, but not for this seleção; too many of them carry the taint of the Mourinho, hope they ship 3 more!
Vá se fuder.
I know it's hard to believe, but I am sincere in saying I feel sorry for Brazil and her fans, but not this seleção. Not one bit.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

This is ridiculous. We can only top this by having Argentina be the champion. 6!
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

On CBC even the announcer is spending every moment talking about how embarrassingly bad the Brazilians are playing.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Lagmonster wrote:On CBC even the announcer is spending every moment talking about how embarrassingly bad the Brazilians are playing.
Mourinho's yard dog donkeys don't deserve to wear that shirt. The shirt of Pele, Zico, Socrates (best midfielder OF ALL TIME), Ronaldo, etc.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

At 0-2 I was joking Germany would win with 0-5. I wasn't even close :D
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Oh ye of little faith.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Well...that was almost upsetting to watch. Brazil put in a fairly good effort right at the end, but...bit late!
What a game.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Do we know if Thanas is still conscious?
Welf
Padawan Learner

Post by Welf »

I just saw the comments about the game from before the game... especially the "Brazial only has to play like Tuesday" :lol:

To be honest, when I saw the Brazilian players continue to sing the anthem after the music stopped and the whole stadium with them continuing, I thought it would be difficult to beat such determination and emotion. And after the first 5 minutes I thought they would score soon.

And then there was a goal and I thought "Brazil still can make 2 and win!". And then there was the goal by Klose and I thought "Woah, we might win, but there will be 70 minutes of hard fight". The rest was awkward and smiles. :D
(Also, sorry Brazilians, I know how it feels to see your team lose at home in the semifinals when you hope they will win, I had that myself a few years ago).
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Germany deserves to win the World Cup.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Crown wrote:Do we know if Thanas is still conscious?
Quick, someone remind him that best German scorer that dethroned Müller is Gastarbeiter! :lol:
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I'm sure our favourite oppressor will be back tomorrow, sporting the biggest hangover this side of '89 :P
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Thanas wrote:If we win this, this will be the best effort of our team since the millennia started.

I am hugely pessimistic though - Brazil got the emotions, the home crowd and the recent emotional boost on their side. And we are vulnerable to quick strikes....
More like best effort in the entire history of German football.

Jesus Christ, I have never seen anything like this in my life. :shock:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

JADAFETWA
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Fuck, how can I stay mad at the opponents when it was clearly our fault. Just don't let Argentina win this. We would never live this down.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

From laughing until he hyperventilated or drunk off his ass? Or both?

Edit - I realized something just now. This was the Soccer version of Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Borgholio wrote: Edit - I realized something just now. This was the FOOTBALL version of Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl.
Fixed. Just like that, only people give a shit. :D :D
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

lol
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Crown wrote:
Spekio wrote:
Vá se fuder.
I know it's hard to believe, but I am sincere in saying I feel sorry for Brazil and her fans, but not this seleção. Not one bit.
Meh, it's not like their supporters in the stadion were behaving classy. Especially during the first 10 minutes. So annoying when they whistle every time a German touched a ball.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Irbis wrote:
Quick, someone remind him that best German scorer that dethroned Müller is Gastarbeiter! :lol:
He is a German. Only racists dispute that. :lol:

Great match, now let us not get complacent.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Brazil still needs to play a match for 3rd place.
In case Holland goes trough, can you imagine Brazil getting another humiliating match, but this time against their Argentine arch-rivals?
The whole nation must be in absolute fear right now.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Rumor has it that Brasilian authorities have confiscated the German national team's passports, pending legal investigations, after a tape depicting an one and a half hour long public mass rape has surfaced. :D
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Spekio wrote:
Borgholio wrote: Edit - I realized something just now. This was the FOOTBALL version of Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl.
Fixed. Just like that, only people give a shit. :D :D
Pedantic comments like this are stupid. Plain and simple. "Football" does not just refer the sport you identify it with. Multiple sports are classified as "football", including rugby, American football, Canadian football, Austrailian football, and what the Americans call soccer. However, soccer isn't an American term. The formal name is association football, and soccer originated as English shorthand for it.

So soccer is actually a correct and more specific term to call association football than the general "football". You correcting him is like if you told me an apple was correctly called "fruit". If you're going to be a pedant, then use "association football" next time, but know you're only rejecting an abbreviation.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.