OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Ulysses Grant documentary miniseries coming to the History Channel:

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The History Channel doing real history? What madness is this? :P

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lsma_jlhUk8
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Ulysses Grant documentary miniseries coming to the History Channel:

Post by Majin Gojira »

They've basically squandered all their credibility, so I don't see why they'd bother now.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

"Coming to?" Then why is the video at the link a nearly two hour full documentary uploaded to a channel named Electronic Nostalgia? :razz:

Anyway, I see your documentary and raise:

:mrgreen:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

As the above shows, you can find significantly better history content than History produced back when it was 'good' on YouTube for free these days.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Rogue 9 wrote: 2020-05-12 11:29pm "Coming to?" Then why is the video at the link a nearly two hour full documentary uploaded to a channel named Electronic Nostalgia? :razz:
Sigh... did I mix up my links?

Here you go, here's the right one: https://youtube.com/watch?v=lhzBYakZZW0

And here's the IMDB page: https://imdb.com/title/tt8690814/
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, the History Channel is fucking up one thing right off the bat; neither the Confederacy nor any of its units used that flag. The battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia was square. The 3:5 southern cross flag is a 20th century invention.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Rogue 9 wrote: 2020-05-13 02:19pm Well, the History Channel is fucking up one thing right off the bat; neither the Confederacy nor any of its units used that flag. The battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia was square. The 3:5 southern cross flag is a 20th century invention.
Yeah, that's a little detail, but if its indicative of their general approach toward accuracy, it doesn't bode well.

I hope they don't fuck it up too badly. Grant is an underrated President, and its an era of history people really should be aware of, especially now.

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Chiefs of Staff to Lincoln after the Battle of Shiloh: You need to fire Grant

Lincoln: I can't spare this man...he fights.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Isolder74 wrote: 2020-05-14 11:59pm Chiefs of Staff to Lincoln after the Battle of Shiloh: You need to fire Grant

My favorite Grant quote has got to be this one, from the Battle of Shiloh (I had it sigged for a while):

Sherman: "Well, Grant, we've had the Devil's own day, haven't we?"

Grant: "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-05-16 05:22am
Isolder74 wrote: 2020-05-14 11:59pm Chiefs of Staff to Lincoln after the Battle of Shiloh: You need to fire Grant

My favorite Grant quote has got to be this one, from the Battle of Shiloh (I had it sigged for a while):

Sherman: "Well, Grant, we've had the Devil's own day, haven't we?"

Grant: "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow though."
I do like that your Grant quote leads right into the context of mine. That is what made Grant different from McClellan when Grant had setbacks he'd get up and try again McClellan would come up with excuses to not try in the first place.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!