12%
Not Guilty / Leave Him Alone
6%

Total votes: 33

seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

No hard feelings, Dennis.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Voted. Two votes in a day, we're as busy as Parliament/Congress but without the paycheques.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Zaia wrote:I agree. I would appreciate if, in the future, they would be separate, as I'd like to vote for a temp ban in this case.
We'd have to some up with a rule for how to rule in case of a split vote, like if 30% go for temp and 30% go for permanent, with 40% voting no punishment.

In case of this thread, we can just do a runoff later on to determine whether it's permanent or temporary.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Zaia wrote:I agree. I would appreciate if, in the future, they would be separate, as I'd like to vote for a temp ban in this case.
We'd have to some up with a rule for how to rule in case of a split vote, like if 30% go for temp and 30% go for permanent, with 40% voting no punishment.

In case of this thread, we can just do a runoff later on to determine whether it's permanent or temporary.
That's what I had originally wanted. That we just run all threads with one "Guilty" option and then do punishment runoffs.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: That's what I had originally wanted. That we just run all threads with one "Guilty" option and then do punishment runoffs.
So start a policy discussion thread to this effect. It seems to me that runoff is a more fair way to do it, even though it will stretch out the voting process for extra days.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote: That's what I had originally wanted. That we just run all threads with one "Guilty" option and then do punishment runoffs.
So start a policy discussion thread to this effect. It seems to me that runoff is a more fair way to do it, even though it will stretch out the voting process for extra days.
I did. Everyone instead got distracted by the idea of upgrading the voting software to allow for an integration of punishment and guilty/not guilty into the same poll, which Starglider is still working on. Since there is no guarantee of that being implemented any time soon we at least need an interim measure.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Voted
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

voted
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Can him.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

So it's been more than a week, do we just ban him--we reached quorum and it's way in favour of it--or do we now hold a runoff to decide if it will be a permban or a 2-month temp ban?

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:So it's been more than a week, do we just ban him--we reached quorum and it's way in favour of it--or do we now hold a runoff to decide if it will be a permban or a 2-month temp ban?
I think the consensus so far has been to permban him.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

*rushes in absurdly late*
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

phongn wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote:So it's been more than a week, do we just ban him--we reached quorum and it's way in favour of it--or do we now hold a runoff to decide if it will be a permban or a 2-month temp ban?
I think the consensus so far has been to permban him.
How do you know that? If people wrote "voted" or didn't post at all and just went for the first option, there could potentially be more than just my vote going towards a temp-ban.

If you're going to have a combined poll option, I don't see how you can not have a run-off vote afterwards, regardless of how slanted you think the results will be.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I move we start a runoff poll to see how long his ban lasts.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

sur I'll second this.

*sharpens knives*

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin