[Motion] Dennis Toy.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yeah no power grabs, and we're discussing a canker on our arses not some life threatening situation.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Moreover from a purely technical standpoint the Dennis Toy thread is a [POLL] thread since it doesn't have the [VOTE] tag.

Also I'm just getting power hungry and claiming Whip makes me cool enough to start [VOTE] threads :D.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

I also think we should look into electing a Proconsul to take over the duties of Chancellor until Robbo returns.
What, you wanting some more illusions of power, Marina? :D
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Beowulf wrote:I'd think that bannings are serious votes.
Very well, then, let's go through and nullify all votes started by senators.

Or we could follow in Robbo's footsteps and not care who started the vote.

As I've shown, several "serious" votes have been started by senators already, one of which was directly checked on by the supreme chancellor. So we are presented with two options. Slavish adherence to the rules which means several votes get nullified (and possible punishments for the offending parties, and all who voted on the matters), or we simply don't give a shit and continue as we have for well over a year. As far as I'm concerned, the spirit of the rule is to ensure sufficient discussion so that we don't go from discussion to poll inside of a day.

I mean seriously, if it's not a worthwhile vote, it will be shot down easily enough, so why should we care who starts it?
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Do I have to make a Sherman Statement now? Because I was NOT doing this with an eye of getting elected Proconsul.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Allright folks the thread where the Pronconsul issue is done with, the admins have rulled and if there are comments to be made about dennis then take it out in the form of a vote in that thread. Basically nothing to see here, move along.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven