[Discussion] PR #2 and Superman.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Discussion] PR #2 and Superman.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

In this thread, Superman describes an incident in which his friend committed a series of criminal activities against an innocent individual. This in and of itself is not a violation of PR #2, but there is the possibility that Superman engaged in a specific action, which I'll repost below, which facilitated the criminal activity of his friend and therefore makes him an accomplice, guilty of a aiding and abetting a felony.

The quote is:
Superman wrote:He starts laughing hysterically and tells me to roll the window down. By this time, the wannabe Eminem is almost right next to the car. Jason grabs his Starbucks coffee he bought not fifteen minutes ago, and chucks it at the guy. It connects, bursts open, and coffee explodes all over his white jersey, hat, socks, etc. This was pretty mean, but I have to say it was damn funny.
Emphasis added. After this, Superman appears to aide and abbet in criminal activity a second time:
Superman wrote: Jason then tells me (I'm in the passenger seat) to lean my seat back. I see him grabbing what looks like a pen. I lean the seat back, the little rapper-leprechaun comes up to the passenger side yelling something like, "get out your motherfuck..." out before Jason sprays pepper spray directly in the guy's face.
When he obeys his friend's instructions, without being threatened himself, so that his friend can be directly facilitated by his action in the commission of an assault.

On these grounds it appears that some sort of punishment for Superman is definitely recommended. How do the august members of this body propose that we proceed?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

To clarify, I am contending that a direct PR #2 violation did take place on the grounds that Supes aided the commission of a crime, which is itself a crime, and then boasted about it.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

I don't think there's a strong case there. There's no evidence to suggest that Superman had advanced knowledge of the consequences following the instruction "roll the window down" would have. Also "I see him grabbing what looks like a pen" would indicate to me that he wasn't aware that the victim was about to receive mace.

There's more then enough evidence to conclude that Supes is an arsehole, but I don't see any case there to call him a criminal.
:D
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Spyder wrote:I don't think there's a strong case there. There's no evidence to suggest that Superman had advanced knowledge of the consequences following the instruction "roll the window down" would have. Also "I see him grabbing what looks like a pen" would indicate to me that he wasn't aware that the victim was about to receive mace.

There's more then enough evidence to conclude that Supes is an arsehole, but I don't see any case there to call him a criminal.
To me the fact that he obeyed a second time, under identical circumstances, after the first time indicated that the result was criminal activity, is proof enough of complicitcy. We aren't trying the case itself, after all, just delivering the equivalent of an indictment.

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'd tend to agree with Marina. If this incident had gone before a court, both of them would be standing trial for assault, not just Supes buddy, for that asinine stunt.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

May I remind this august body that the poster Superman had already been titled once in his history on the board, and then pardoned. It would seem that his improvement was not as great as we thought.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Just read the thread. Jesus, Supe, that was asinine.

"Grand Theft Auto" is a game, it takes place in Fantasyland. It is not a model for life. I you can't seperate fantasy dark-humor violence from actual committing of battery (not assault, this was battery) then you're headed for trouble down the road.

You could have been nailed as an accomplice, apparantly nothing happened because you're here to laugh about it now.

I'd entertain a custom title or some SIG/AV losses.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

If it's a custom title (I also support this), Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker seems the most appropriate one for this kind of offence, which is, after all, all about bragging, and so that best identifies the subject. An alternative could be a loss of sig and avatar privilages for six months.

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I would also support a CT against him and would like to thank the august member for Zeon for this motion.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

With the motion proposed and seconded I'd ask that, per regulations requiring a Governor to bring forward and post any Vote thread, that any Governor who also agrees with the terms of the motion create a vote thread containing options to either title Superman as a Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker, or revoke his avatar and sig privilages for two months, or else be declared innocent, with a provision also for abstentions.