The Cooler King's Artwork

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

The Cooler King's Artwork

Post by The Cooler King »

Okay, after being asked to do so (MONTHS ago, as a matter of fact!) by Hav (sorry it took so long!), I finally managed to get some of my artwork loaded up onto a Flickr page. I'd love to hear what some of you guys think; I'll post a few at a time, so as not to overload things. All links are clickable for a bigger version.

A group of Dark Angel Space Marines fighting their way through a gauntlet of Orks.

My version of a famous frame from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

Testing out new color PITT brush pens. I just started drawing something, and it turned into a walking tumor.

Hulk vs. Wolverine. I've always liked these fights in the comics.

Jason Voorhees vs. The Terminator. My friends and I used to try and figure out pop-culture battles that could last and be sustained for a while. This one, we figured, would last a LOOOONG time.

I hope I did this right; if I didn't post the images properly, could a mod (or anyone, really!) please let me know, and I'll fix them.

Edited to remove the self-pitying title. Thanks, Hav!
Last edited by The Cooler King on 2009-12-22 09:46pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: The Cooler King's Sorta-Art

Post by Thanas »

This is good work, I like it. The terminator is a bit too...skinny in comparison to Jason, but that said, it is a great picture.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

I like the style. The only thing that doesn't sit well is in the Batman-Superman one - Superman's upper-right arm has got some weird things going on, based on how the line of his torso connects just above the elbow.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Thanas wrote:This is good work, I like it. The terminator is a bit too...skinny in comparison to Jason, but that said, it is a great picture.

Thanks. Yeah... I didn't work the reference material so well (I used an old McFarlane toys T2 endoskeleton toy). It looked a lot better as I was drawing it, but when I finished... yeah. Not formidable enough.

Simplicius wrote:I like the style. The only thing that doesn't sit well is in the Batman-Superman one - Superman's upper-right arm has got some weird things going on, based on how the line of his torso connects just above the elbow.

**nodnod** I was trying to ape Miller's style in this, and I fell flat. Frank Miller and Klaus Janson are able to do some amazing things with just a few lines and masses of shadow. I screwed up in the placement, and it makes his arm look REALLY wonky.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

It's about damn time! :D

I haven't had time to go through all your new DA stuff, but I will. From what I can tell, the color is looking good.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Moar artwork.

Predator sketch.

Alien sketch.

The whole Octo-Mom news debacle made my head hurt. While sitting with friends one day, I envisioned her as a particularly disturbing supervillainess; this was the result. Of course, a supervillain needs a superhero, and thus was born...

The Crimson Pimp.

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by The Cooler King on 2009-12-17 10:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Havok wrote:It's about damn time! :D

I haven't had time to go through all your new DA stuff, but I will. From what I can tell, the color is looking good.

**chuckles** Be forewarned, as always. Lots of NSFW stuff, but some other, safer stuff there, too. I know, I know, I should have done this a LOOONG time ago, and thanks for pushing me to post my stuff here!

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

That is some pretty good inking there.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That is one grumpy looking Predator.

Good artwork. I disagree, the Terminator is not too skinny. If it was fat, how do you think that endoskeleton would've worn its fleshy covering? :P

So, yeah, great cybernetic killing machine. He should ruin Jason's shit.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Zor wrote:That is some pretty good inking there.

Zor

Thanks. I've (mis)spent a lifetime reading comics, so I've kind of absorbed comic-style inking.

Shroom Man 777 wrote:That is one grumpy looking Predator.

Good artwork. I disagree, the Terminator is not too skinny. If it was fat, how do you think that endoskeleton would've worn its fleshy covering? :P

So, yeah, great cybernetic killing machine. He should ruin Jason's shit.

Thank you, kind sir! I still think it's a BIT skinny (the space from elbow to wrist, especially), but thank you for your support. I agree, as well... Jason, eventually, is well and truly fucked.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Geez man, take the fucking 'Sorta' out of the title. You are way beyond sorta.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Havok wrote:Geez man, take the fucking 'Sorta' out of the title. You are way beyond sorta.

**chuckles** I'm an artist. I belittle myself at every turn. Emo, ain't it?

Seriously, though... is it possible to change the thread title without resorting to a mod?

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

A portrait of one of my heroes, James Randi.

Richard B. Riddick, Murderer.

I did this after watching 30 Days of Night.

From the roleplaying game Rifts, the Glitter Girl powered armor suit (with a massive Boom Gun on its shoulder).

Another roleplaying game illustration, this one of a Gun Mage from the Iron Kingdoms steam/dungeonpunk setting.

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Very cool!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Now you need Josh Hartnett to punch his fist through that bald vampire's mouth.

Cooler, I don't think the Terminator endoskeleton from T1 was really buff either.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Man, this is some good stuff. I really like the style. That slash on Hulk's face is pretty brutal, too.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

TheMuffinKing wrote:Very cool!
Thanks!

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Now you need Josh Hartnett to punch his fist through that bald vampire's mouth.

Cooler, I don't think the Terminator endoskeleton from T1 was really buff either.
Yeah... I think he did rather well in that flick. Not usually a fan of his, but he didn't do too badly there.

Ford Prefect wrote:Man, this is some good stuff. I really like the style. That slash on Hulk's face is pretty brutal, too.
Thank you, good sir. That drawing was built around that slash; I just thought a claw attack to the face would look insanely nasty, and worked from there.

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Cthulhu... well, after he's eaten a few ships and sailors first, at least.

An alien conqueror I used for a role-playing game I ran.

A werewolf character from one of my group's roleplaying games.

The Joker, drawn from the back of The Dark Knight DVD box.

The Lord of Apokolips.

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

This is most definitely not "sorta" art. Can you give us a link to your deviant art page?

Your Octo-Mom is fantastic. I thought it was hilarious, and then I saw the Pimp, and oh man apple juice spray everywhere...
XXXI
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Phantasee wrote:This is most definitely not "sorta" art. Can you give us a link to your deviant art page?

Your Octo-Mom is fantastic. I thought it was hilarious, and then I saw the Pimp, and oh man apple juice spray everywhere...

Thanks! I often tell people, just before showing them Octo-Mom and the Crimson Pimp, that I'm going to hell for those drawings.

In any case, here's my DevArt page. Enter at your own risk; lots of NSFW stuff (boobies and bondage, mostly) there.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Great stuff, I took all morning going through some of your big DeviantArt account.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Big Orange wrote:Great stuff, I took all morning going through some of your big DeviantArt account.

Thanks! Let me know what you think; I'm always up for critique.

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

An alien soldier I worked up for my Champions game. The weapon is versatile, going from rifle to heavy weapon with the twist of a knob.

A colored drawing of one of the characters in my Werewolf game, in his human form of a scarred and battered bum.

Some jackass at my local gaming store saw me drawing, and oohed and aahed before launching into a highly detailed description of some gaming character. I was bored, so I drew his character. He wanted it immediately, and I told him it would be $25. He started to blurt out that he was the head of a computer gaming company, and that this was a simple 'character design test' he wanted to show his 'partners', and that this was a 'test'. I told him fine; bring me an NDA to sign, and I'd hand it over. He walked off, blurting that he would come back with one. That was a year ago. Some company, huh? My friends informed me that he was an annoying little shit who constantly tried to scam people out of miniatures, art, books, whatever he could.

An attempt to draw Wilson, the title character (played amazingly well by Terence Stamp) from the crime drama The Limey.

An attempt to draw Omar, the shotgun-toting terror of West Baltimore on the AMAZING TV series The Wire.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Cooler King wrote:
Havok wrote:Geez man, take the fucking 'Sorta' out of the title. You are way beyond sorta.

**chuckles** I'm an artist. I belittle myself at every turn. Emo, ain't it?

Seriously, though... is it possible to change the thread title without resorting to a mod?
Yeah just hit the edit button in the OP.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Havok wrote: Yeah just hit the edit button in the OP.

Thanks, Hav.