MS-06 ZakuII R1N Cerebus Testbed for Newtype (Commission)

View original artwork, poems, etc. that have been created by this forum's members.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Re: MS-06 ZakuII R1N Cerebus Testbed for Newtype (Commission)

Post by Havok »

Man, looks awesome. Makes me want to start doing models again... again.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Had to take a break, get my mind back together and everything.

Work started on modifying the beam bazooka. Bits and cables, and it's going to attach to the backpack, I'll wedgy up some sort of polycap attachment for this.

I still want to add more cabling and wires and chunky bits to make it look more like a powerful prototype beam launcher, but it's coming along.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

little picture update.

Thrusters are done. Clear red inside, along with model-up foot verniers, because the feet on the stock zaku2.0 suck bad.

Tube beads tube beads tube beads! 1mm and 2mm from mechaskunk.

Okay, I need a little help here, I'm getting down to where I need to scratchbuild/kitbash the two gun drones, and I'm a bit stuck.

requirements:

wired gun bit with
fairly obvious thrusters,
roughly same size as zaku head
nose mounted particle beam gun
mounted somehow to backpack
removable/poseable on stiff, thin wire
A shape that I can put a shark-mouth onto the front of

Generally they should be similar to the Braw Bro or Elmeth bits. This is late OYW tech, so no elegant compact little funnels here. I like the flat ribbon wire of the evolve version braw bro, so I'll probably steal that, with the bonus of making the wire easier to run.

I'm just at a loss for what to make these things out of. =P

Bandai got back to me and are sending me new parts for the hand and hip. yay! I hope they get here before I have to move in early november, or I'll just have to do without.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Started work on the remote bits. Bashed these together from spare parts, mostly FAZZ and GP01fb as they have plenty of spare pieces. Gives them a nice chunky prototype look. I'm sure if they went into production they'd be all pretty and zeonified. XD

Seemed a bit long and unwieldy though, so I lopped off the rear thruster block. Much better!

Here they wre just resting over the shoulders, to give an idea of how it looks. Not bad!

Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Got a bit of my motivation back, we'll see if it holds! I managed to lose the remains of the PC tree with the small leg cables. Dammit. I guess I'll fab new cables out of the smaller snake chain, so it's all good I think.

I swapped out the bit gun barrels for ones cut off some spare 08 MS Team beam rifles. This was a good move.

Cut aluminum tube for the gun barrels of the triple-triple 45mm gatling. Dremel burr to crown the barrels. they'll look better after paint!

Bits blu-tacked into place. I still need to build their racks and control wire spool.

ta till next time!

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Man, I'm loving this so far. The bits look great, and that's a lot of atention to detail on the triple-triple gatling. Every time I seen the paintjob I'm more impressed.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

It's hard trying to finish a commission project when you've got a cross-country move coming up in 12 days.

I mentioned (or meant to mention) last episode that the small cables for the backs of the legs went walkabout. Luckily, I've got some small snake cable.

Pretty good! A little cable armor and..

Nothing more exciting today. I've got the cable attachment for the beam bazooka fabbed up, and I'm still working on the mounts for the attack bits.Got some misc painting of small thruster nozzles done.

AAaaand I'm running into even more problems with brittle ABS from the spraypainted frame. This sucks. Basically every stressed silver part on this thingis coming apart. The replacement bits from bandai probably won't be here before I move, which means they'll likely never get used.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Nearly there. Just need to paint a few details, put on the decals, and that's it! And I'd better have it done by tomorrow, cause I'm moving in 3 days. T.T

Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Finished!

Zeonic Corporation's test for wired particle-gun bits along with an enhanced reactor (the same model used in the YMS-14 Gelgoog prototype) to allow full use of particle beam weapons. Acceleration over the standard MS-06R-1A model was said to be "significant". Along with being a testbed for wired remote weapons, this Zaku also has the capability to use a 400mm Mega Particle Beam Bazooka, with targeting upgrades (and additional triangulation from sensors placed on the remote bits) to let it engage strategic targets from extreme range. It is known to have survived the One Year War, and has been seen in-use by a former Zeon ace, who has further modified it with a triple-triple 35mm gatling and larger heat-hawk, Identical to those used by several MS-07 Gouf variants.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Darwin, that is some seriously hot shit. The colour scheme and weathering really make the suit, gving it the battered sort of feel that a real Zaku should have. I'm trying to think of a more badass looking Zaku, but I don't think I can. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Promoted.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

No Zaku boy! No Zaku!

(in less cliched terms, wow)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Damned fucking impressive Darwin.

One thing though... that little fucking black square on his forehead... what is that all about? It is crooked, not a perfect square and just generally annoys me. :D

Other than than... pretty good.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Havok wrote:Damned fucking impressive Darwin.

One thing though... that little fucking black square on his forehead... what is that all about? It is crooked, not a perfect square and just generally annoys me. :D

Other than than... pretty good.
it's a secret. Actually, the visor is really a little crooked, and that's the straightest I could get the little thing. It's a cut-out black decal, and represents a window for additional sensors. Basically, it can deploy the two drones, and that combined with its own sensors can let it make precision long-range shots with the beam bazooka.