Mediate the Narn Centauri Negotiations (Babylon 5 RAR)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Mediate the Narn Centauri Negotiations (Babylon 5 RAR)

Post by FaxModem1 »

Due to Act of Q, you are whisked into the Babylon 5 universe as an Earth Alliance diplomat, stationed at Babylon 5, at the end of 2257. Your main directive is to try and build a lasting peace between the Narn Regime and the Centauri Republic. Jeffrey Sinclair is still the head of the station and the EA representative on the B5 council, but he will work with you to try and help with the negotiations.

What do you do? Do you think it's possible? What actions do you take?

Discuss.
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Re: Mediate the Narn Centauri Negotiations (Babylon 5 RAR)

Post by SpottedKitty »

Would it be safe to assume that banging the delegates' heads together, or locking them in a broken elevator, is right out...? :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Fuuuuuuuck. Um. I don't think this is actually possible without violating causality or having other lofty powers. I don't think I could do it just as me in the series. I have an operational plan, but it actually involves being highly positioned in the Psi Corps.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

The final "peace" involved getting Londo & G'kar to both finally realise they were lost in pointless hate, grow a grudging respect for each other then kill off everyone above them so that they could both say we're done with you, fuck and leave us alone. There is no way you can get even to that point around the S1 B5 negotiating table. Neither is in a position to do it or has any inclination to do it. Plus even with our position as viewers we don't know all the background players in the Centauri who are manoeuvring and killing off potential proponents of peace.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Lock them in a room with a predatory animal capable of killing them. Tell them that represents their war and hatred. Either they overcome it, or the predator eats them both.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.