Farscape Reboot RAR

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Farscape Reboot RAR

Post by gigabytelord »

I'm gonna keep this simple.

You replace John Crichton with two little differences.

First, you have seen the series and have knowledge of all Farscape canon.

Second, during the trip through the wormhole that dumps you into the battle in the first episode a small devise is attached to your ship by act of the Holy Deities of SDN. This devise can open a wormhole to one of six other Sci-Fi universes.

1: Star Wars
2: Star Trek
3: Honorverse
4: Warhammer 40k
5: Haloverse
6: Mass Effect

You have no idea which one the wormhole will open to. So role a D6. It is up to you to decide when to activate the device.

Have fun!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Farscape Reboot RAR

Post by The Romulan Republic »

To the first point, I can't say much since I haven't watched much Farscape.

But to the second, since I have a one in six chance of landing in 40k, I prefer not to role the dice.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Having seen all the Farscape stuff, I'd have to agree with TRR and never activate the extra device. One universe out to kill me for what I (John Crighton, astronaut) know have in my head is enough, thanks.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

You don't have to activate the device. It's just there if you decide to.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Pass. I'm not risking a 1 in 6 chance of landing in 40K.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Dead before second episode.

Without John Crichtons theories and mathematical skills, you can't even escape the Peacekeepers at the end of first episode.

The lead peacekeeper was pissed over his brothers death, and wanted the entire crew dead. They only got away because John figured out how to do a gravity slingshot to escape.

Unless I we either get John's skills/knowledge, or our pod wasn't hit by a peacekeeper fighter before we were sucked aboard Moya, we're screwed.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

You for all intents and purposes are John and have his skills. The story hasn't changed only the actor and this you have both more info and new gadget.
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

If I'm reading that right, I get to appear as Crichton, with his skills, but my personal knowledge of the Farscape universe? I'm staying right there thanks.
Dragon Clan Veritech
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

The extra knowledge would only really let you jump the gun a bit on somethings or miss others. If you wanted to play the risky road, contact Scorpius and offer him the Wormhole device in exchange for amnesty / getting Crais to go away. Alternatively, try and find those wormhole aliens and give them a heads up on what is coming and give them the device.

Using the device is a massively bad idea unless things get insanely desperate. In which case Moya has a fairly high chance of being in trouble in every single one of the options.

If you want to play saviour of the universe - Try and contact the peace aliens to convince them to end the Scarran / Peacekeeper war.

Alternatively, a trip to that Look at the Princess Planet in the hopes you can swing the amnesty deal via marrying the Princess is a fairly easy way to go. You end up as a statue for ages but Crais is really the only person after Crighton. Without wormhole knowledge and a chance encounter with Scorpius, the events of Farscape would have been drastically different to the point of being nearly uneventful for Moya until the big war kicked off. Which, without the Ancients stepping in, Moya has fuckall ability to do anything about.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

The Romulan Republic wrote:To the first point, I can't say much since I haven't watched much Farscape.

But to the second, since I have a one in six chance of landing in 40k, I prefer not to role the dice.
Are you kidding? Releasing all of the horrors of the 40k universe would be fucking epic. How often does one get a chance to kill an entire galaxy?
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, I decided to take my chances, and I get a 2. Star Trek universe. Well, that's nice. 23rd or 24th century?

Either way, the UFP is probably one of the best places for the crew of Moya to get sanctuary. And I have plenty of pop culture knowledge of both shows to try and make things a bit of a smoother ride for all involved. Though, I really have no idea, how do Trek powers stack up against Farscape ones?
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

I rolled a dice and got a 6 = Mass Effect

Moya just went from one galaxy that is on the brink of genocidal war between the Peacekeepers and the Scarrans to another galaxy that is on the brink of genocidal war. Even with knowledge of Mass Effect games, how are you going to really warn people about the Reaper invasion ?

People refused to believe Shepard and he is a far more credible source than some alien ship appearing from a different galaxy with a random human ranting about Reapers. I suppose the long shot is trying to find Shepard and give him Intel on the Reapers but the only way the conflict ends is with the 3 colour choice endings given by the Cruciable. This is assuming that one can take the flexible story elements and game mechanics as reliably fixed.

Nothing Moya has can really aid in fighting the Reapers and she might even be a liability.

Star Trek - Farscape should get mauled by any reasonable power in Trek. Farscape ships are potentially a lot bigger and in the case of the Command Carrier, designed to be effectively gigantic mobile bases. The actual capabilities are rarely seen and they seem extremely weak.

Best case scenario is that Moya gets safe harbour from the UFP and can convince Starfleet to intervene to prevent the PK / Scarran war. Depending on the timeframe the Feds might intervene out of compassion or for self interest like they did with Bajor's wormhole. The assumption being that the wormhole opens in Starfleet territory.
Pretty much any aggressive power - The PKs and Scarrens get their ass kicked in various forms if they attract attention.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Umm, the Peacekeepers ships are about the same speed as Star Trek (Scorpius says it'd take 60 years to reach Earth - which is on the far side of the galaxy according to Yondalau in the Peacekeeper Wars) but their firepower is potentially much, much greater. Even shavings from Moya's engines made an incredible bang in season one - this is a Farscape truckbomb that wouldn't even scratch anything but the command carrier's windows according to Crais.

They're also vastly better equipped for ground combat than anyone in Trek and much more credibly skilled.

Industrially, Rygel was ruler of six hundred billion people, and isn't seemingly too significant - the Federation has at least nine hundred billion people but not many trillions (Data states, in the aired episode but not the shooting script, that the T'kon empire had a population of trillions ~ "The centre of a huge space federation, a population of trillions.") - The Hynerian Empire's population is on the same order of magnitude as the Federation. The Consortium of Trao, which was a one-shot culture whose prince appeared once and was never heard of again - had over ten thousand planets and a population of forty trillion. No doubt major factions like the Peacekeepers or Scarrans control more territory than the consortium.

So, equal FTL, better ground combat, VASTLY more resources, vastly worse range in the space combat but also large quantities of fighters capable of FTL and with a missile payload that can seriously damage starships (prowler missile armament is used to destroy Scarran Deadnoughts in the Peacekeeper Wars), and at least some instances of high firepower.

I can't see why you think the Star Trek powers would stomp this. They might be able to provide safe haven - Farscape powers aren't absurdly dominant, not least because their FTL is similar - but they're not going to ROFLSTOMP the peacekeepers or scarrans, they simply don't have the resources.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

You would be surprised how little knowledge of the show will help you. The suggestions of going to certain planets and finding specific people can't be done because we don't know where they are. The space is called the uncharted territories fora reason, namely you have no maps of the place. The best you'll get is a jump on some events, e.g you'll know when you arrive that Maldis is trapped in the temple and so you can run, saving yourself from the pursuing Crais who was about to give up the chase.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

I should add that you know everything about the other Sci-fi universes that you actually know IRL just like Farscape. The only thing you don't know is which one you'll open a wormhole too.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Well, if I end up in 40K I know where the complete STC archive is, so I could possibly claim to have been called forth by the Emperor-Omnissiah. That's nice, at least.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Well, I got a 1, so what era?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

With Johns skills and knowledge combined with mine.....

'Play the role' until I meet the Ancients, and hopefully get them to send me home after I explain the situation.
Otherwise, I need to go sell my soul to Scorpious.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

Zwinmar wrote:Well, I got a 1, so what era?
GA era between ep 3 and 4
gigabytelord
Padawan Learner

Post by gigabytelord »

Ghetto edit: I meant GE era. Not GA...
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Solauren wrote:With Johns skills and knowledge combined with mine.....

'Play the role' until I meet the Ancients, and hopefully get them to send me home after I explain the situation.
Otherwise, I need to go sell my soul to Scorpious.
Pretty sure they could only open a wormhole to a planet of their choosing once until they rebuild their culture, that's why they wanted to know if Earth was a good one.

I am of course, proud to bring Peacekeeper Protection to my backward ass little planet.