'Godzilla: Final Wars' Xilians vs. 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Harvesters

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Who wins?

Harvesters (Independence Day: Resurgence)
29%
Xilians (Godzilla: Final Wars)
29%
Mutual Assured Destruction
43%

Total votes: 7

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

'Godzilla: Final Wars' Xilians vs. 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Harvesters

Post by Sidewinder »

Round Two:

The Harvesters from Independence Day: Resurgence (a.k.a. "Grays" or "Locusts") come to harvest Earth's core, which will annihilate humanity. The Xilians from Godzilla: Final Wars (a.k.a. "Xiliens"), who need to consume human mitochondria to survive, intervene to preserve their "cattle." Both sides bring the forces they had in their respective movies: for the Harvesters, this includes the Queen, the Harvester dreadnought and its embarked ships (Queen's pod, fighters, bombers, etc.); for the Xilians, this includes Anguirus, Ebirah, Gigan, Hedorah, Kamakuras, King Caesar, Kumonga, Rodan, Monster X (a.k.a. "Keizer Ghidorah"), Zilla (a.k.a. "Godzilla in name only," from Roland Emmerich's 1998 film), the Xilian Mothership and its three "daughter" ships, and mutant super-soldiers.

Wary of both sides, Godzilla (who the Xilians cannot control), the Resistance, and humans (with the exception of mutants under the Xilians' psychic control) will remain NEUTRAL in the Harvester-Xilian War.

Fight!
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: 'Godzilla: Final Wars' Xilians vs. 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Harvesters

Post by Q99 »

I've yet to see Resurgence, so I'm curious on this one.

I'm not sure if the Xilians have the capability to blow up something so *big*, but if they can use trickery or such to get some mutant soldiers on board, those're hard to stop
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Re: 'Godzilla: Final Wars' Xilians vs. 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Harvesters

Post by Sidewinder »

Q99 wrote:I'm not sure if the Xilians have the capability to blow up something so *big*, but if they can use trickery or such to get some mutant soldiers on board, those're hard to stop
If you saw the original 'Independence Day', you know the motherships have MASSIVE interior spaces, to fit the maintenance bays and berths for all the "daughter" ships (city destroyers) and small craft they carry (up to and including transports). Why should the Xilians limit themselves to mutant soldiers? Teleport Gigan aboard the Harvester dreadnought, with orders to claw and/or chainsaw everything in sight, and watch the fireworks display.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

If the Xillians teleport the Kaiju into the harvesters, they are going down, hard.

if the Xillians decide 'screw his neutrality and lack of control', and teleport Godzilla inside, Big G will likely destroy everything, and then enjoy the warmth of falling back to Earth from orbit.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Solauren wrote:If the Xillians teleport the Kaiju into the harvesters, they are going down, hard.
Who's going down, the Xilians (because a Kaiju in the Harvester dreadnought's confines is a sitting duck for the Harvesters) or the Harvester dreadnought (due to the damage the Kaiju are wreaking aboard it)?
if the Xillians decide 'screw his neutrality and lack of control', and teleport Godzilla inside, Big G will likely destroy everything, and then enjoy the warmth of falling back to Earth from orbit.
Remember, Godzilla cannot be controlled. X (Kitamura Kazuki's character, the youthful-looking and rebellious "Xilian Controller") is probably the only one crazy enough to try something like this.

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Sidewinder wrote: If you saw the original 'Independence Day', you know the motherships have MASSIVE interior spaces, to fit the maintenance bays and berths for all the "daughter" ships (city destroyers) and small craft they carry (up to and including transports). Why should the Xilians limit themselves to mutant soldiers? Teleport Gigan aboard the Harvester dreadnought, with orders to claw and/or chainsaw everything in sight, and watch the fireworks display.
If their teleporters can work through shields, yea.

Heck, probably their best course of action is to try and conquer the Harvester.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Sorry, should have been more direct.

Kaiju on the inside of the Harvester? Harvester is getting ripped to shreds. We've seen Kaiju survive nuclear blasts. There is no way the ID4 guys are going to risk that kind of firepower inside their own ship.

And we saw what a single nuke, inside their ships, did in the original Independence Day. Those Kaiju's total power probably exceeds our largest nuke.

As for Godzilla, you don't need to control him.
Just teleport him inside the harvester. He'll be annoyed, and just trash everything.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

The real question is *if* they can get inside. The Harvesters have such a bigger fleet and more ship-firepower.

Honestly I'm leaning for them. Not sure if beaming can get past shields, and before they get to the Harvester the Xilian ship will have to get past a lot of smaller craft.. and it got destroyed by fighters in FW, ironically in an ID4 homage scene.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Does the harvester's mind control work on giant monsters?

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Themightytom wrote:Does the harvester's mind control work on giant monsters?
Remember, the Xilians have mind control abilities as well, as the mutants demonstrate.

Assume the Harvesters' mind control does NOT work on the Xilians' subjects.

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

It's not especially strong against humans, after all.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Q99 wrote:The real question is *if* they can get inside. The Harvesters have such a bigger fleet and more ship-firepower.

Honestly I'm leaning for them. Not sure if beaming can get past shields, and before they get to the Harvester the Xilian ship will have to get past a lot of smaller craft.. and it got destroyed by fighters in FW, ironically in an ID4 homage scene.
True.

This scenario gets down to the range and abilities of the Xillian teleporter/transporter system.

IF the Xilian's can teleport the Kaiju from a safedistances past the Harvester's shields, the Xilian get this one.
If they can't, then I'd have to had this to the Harvester. ID4 shields can take Kaiju level damage while up, and their weapons can inflict beyond Kaiju level damage (city destroyers).

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Solauren wrote:ID4 shields can take Kaiju level damage while up, and their weapons can inflict beyond Kaiju level damage (city destroyers).
Godzilla and Monster X (Keizer Ghidorah) can easily match the City Destroyer's firepower, and tank the same- see the crater Godzilla was standing in, after his failed attempt to destroy the asteroid that was transporting Monster X.

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but isn't the Xilian mind control and teleportation tech based entirely around the presence of the fifth M-base in the DNA of certain kaiju and people? That's why they couldn't just teleport Godzilla about or take over his mind - he either didn't have that base, or he was implied to be a "Kaizer" mutant along with the main protagonist and thus somehow unable to be manipulated by outside forces.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but isn't the Xilian mind control and teleportation tech based entirely around the presence of the fifth M-base in the DNA of certain kaiju and people? That's why they couldn't just teleport Godzilla about or take over his mind - he either didn't have that base, or he was implied to be a "Kaizer" mutant along with the main protagonist and thus somehow unable to be manipulated by outside forces.
Xilian mind control abilities does seem based on the M-base's presence. However, they managed to get the Secretary General of the UN (Takarada Akira's character) out of his plane, before Rodan destroyed it; therefore, it's likely the Xilians CAN teleport someone WITHOUT M-base.

TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Maybe they can teleport people, but teleporting a kaiju that isn't under their control will just result in said kaiju bursting out of the modular triangle ships before they can relocate anywhere else. We don't see them doing anything like a "site-to-site" transport and they appear to need a clear line of sight between the underside of the triangle ship and the beam site, so I don't see why we should assume that the kaiju is held as a Star Trek-style "transporter pattern" and dispatched later on, rather than being beamed inside the triangle ship and beamed down later on.

Godzilla could win this thing for them single-handed, but there has to be a reason why they didn't just scoop him up, fly him to the Sun and beam him into there in the movie.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

They don't need Godzilla when they have Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah anyway.

But, that does rely on getting close to the enemy ship and beaming through the shields, leaving this the interesting type of versus where it's a fight that could go either way depending on one unknown variable. And with 'Harvesters killing the Xilians themselves but not before there's a rampaging Kaiser Ghidorah, which they absolutely cannot stop,' onboard the main Harvester being a real possibility.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Do the modular triangle ships have shields? We don't see anyone even attempt to attack one in FW. If they do, they can probably get as close as they like to the ID4s, if not, who knows.