(Doctor Who) Daleks VS Aliens (Alien)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Re: (Doctor Who) Daleks VS Aliens (Alien)

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Even at peak capacity: Aliens had at most double digits worth of xenomorphs and the Colonial Marines successfully wiped out a massive amount of them while being under equipped throughout.

A Dalek that knows exactly what it is going up against is already removing a major advantage of Xenomorphs. Even if you dial down the Dalek so that it's weapons and armor / shields are vulnerable to Xenomorphs. The Dalek is effectively a tank crossed with a spaceship being piloted by a highly intelligent murder monster.

If the Dalek had any sense at all - It rigs the colony reactor to explode and laughs all the way out of the blast radius as the Xenomorphs go up in a mushroom cloud. Alternatively, the Dalek just decides to raid the computers of intelligence then flies off to the Xenomorph space ship to do the same.
The Xenomorphs may not even care about the Dalek since from their perspective it is just a tin can moving about.
If they try to 'defend' their territory like animals then the Dalek happily blows them away without any risk to itself.

At best, the Xenomorphs might be able to take advantage of better mobility inside the facility. The Dalek cannot go after them in the vent shafts but that only lasts as long until the Dalek desides to say 'fuck this' and starts blasting gigantic holes in everything.

The only thing the Xenomorphs can do is pray the Dalek runs the batteries down or goes away. Even that is unlikely when the entire facility is powered by a nuclear reactor which the Dalek can recharge from.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I think drawing them out - using newt if available - into the open and circling around in flight and blasting them as they try to flee is probably the easiest way. That gives it the most remaining resources to escape with.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Scenarios like this are what the phrase 'roflstomp' was invented for. The Daleks developed their technology to a point where they essentially defeated the Time Lords themselves. The singular Dalek in the OP is going to have a simply exquisite week exterminating every last one of the xenomorphs, and then gets to boast about it to all his Dalek mates in the Dalek pub whenever he gets back to Skaro. There really is no other way this scenario can play out.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the OP's point about Daleks being killed by falling into water is a misunderstanding of "Planet of the Daleks" aka "The Daleks Greatest Hits."

Two Daleks are manhandled down a slope into a pool. The pool isn't water, but liquid ice (something that fills the planet, complete with ice volcanoes, and all before cryovolcanism became a seriously considered idea). The shock of the extreme cold killed them; it was established earlier in the episode that the Daleks are vulnerable to extreme cold.

So yeah, unless the Xenomorphs can haul the Dalek into an ice pool, or liquid nitrogen or something, they're stuffed. And if this is a new series Dalek that can el-e-vate, it still won't help.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the OP's point about Daleks being killed by falling into water is a misunderstanding of "Planet of the Daleks" aka "The Daleks Greatest Hits."

Two Daleks are manhandled down a slope into a pool. The pool isn't water, but liquid ice (something that fills the planet, complete with ice volcanoes, and all before cryovolcanism became a seriously considered idea). The shock of the extreme cold killed them; it was established earlier in the episode that the Daleks are vulnerable to extreme cold.

So yeah, unless the Xenomorphs can haul the Dalek into an ice pool, or liquid nitrogen or something, they're stuffed. And if this is a new series Dalek that can el-e-vate, it still won't help.
I doubt that would work against the new Daleks given they are essentially armoured spacecraft. Maybe if the Dalek decides to leave its shell and go for a stroll for some reason.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea:

Unarmoured Dalek vs face hugger

who would win that?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Tribble wrote: Unarmoured Dalek vs face hugger

who would win that?
I want to say that somewhere in old Who, we saw unarmoured Daleks (Invasion of Earth, I think) attacking people. The technique was actually not too unlike what a facehugger does in the first place-- jump on them, grab their faces and bite it off. Something like that. Those Daleks look rather different from the newer generation though, I'm not sure *those* even have a mouth for the Facehugger to impregnate. Some orifice somewhere, I'm sure...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Mutual kill at best. If a Kaled can damage a facehugger they get the acid blood in the face.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Tribble wrote:Would the Dalek try to kill the Xenomorphs, or would it try to use them? Xenomorphs are kindred spirits in the sense that they are intensely hostile to all living things. Why kill the Xenomorphs if it can figure out a way to transport them to other worlds? It might even come to view them as a pet of sorts.
The automatic reaction of your garden-variety Dalek, absent orders from higher, would be to exterminate everything that isn't a Dalek. And, even other Daleks may not be exempt.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Parallax wrote:As for water - even as far back as The Dalek Invasion of Earth, we see Daleks casually travelling under the Thames (which made for a really cool scene, BTW, as it emerged from the water and everyone is crapping their collective pants).
And if something can survive prolonger periods travelling under the Thames...

I really can't see anyway at all that the Xenomorphs could win this. They literally have no way to hurt the Dalek. The Dalek could literally go to sleep and sit there, safe and secure in its shell.

Someone mentioned the Daleks using other species. The only example that springs to mind is the Ogrons, who were big and really stupid. That didn't work terribly well and it would seem that after the time of the 3rd Doctor, they stopped doing that sort of thing. They seemed to have then used robot/genetic duplicates of beings they captured.
But did the Daleks hire them, or the Master directly? My memory on "Frontier In Space" is a bit hazy on that.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Crazedwraith wrote:Mutual kill at best. If a Kaled can damage a facehugger they get the acid blood in the face.
This Dalek knows about the acid blood though, it could try to break the facehuggers legs or back without cutting it open. IIRC they were fully capable of strangling people when required. Does the facehugger have any teeth? It'll be a pretty nasty tentacle fight either way.

And what about a chestburster?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

They're not really capable of much outside the shell; non-programmed Kaled mutants existed on Skaro for centuries after but had lost all tool use and civilization due to their form.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Parallax
Jedi Knight

Post by Parallax »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
But did the Daleks hire them, or the Master directly? My memory on "Frontier In Space" is a bit hazy on that.
The Daleks were also using Ogrons in Day of the Daleks. Remember that scene wherein the 3rd Doctor is trying to escape them on a bike with inflatable wheels?
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

So they were, Parallax. Thanks for jogging my memory. So, the Dalek leadership did hire them. Okay.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

The aliens could pour some liquid nitrogen on the dalek from the colony. I am sure they would have some liquid nitrogen lying around somewhere, because it just sounds like something they'd use quite often. So now the aliens could get a barrel of liquid nitrogen and pretend to be statues. The dalek will enter the room and look around and see nothing except frighteningly detailed statues of xenomorphs. Then suddenly there would be hundreds of liters of liquid nitrogen being poured on him.

The alien queen would now run into the room and pick him up and smash him against a wall, shattering the dalek into millions of tiny shards.

Another thing is that alien queen could stretch a wall, ceiling and floor of facehuggers and put tiny blades near them. So when the dalek enters the room, the queen could pull a string and all the facehuggers will burst at once and spray acid all over the dalek, killing his shield and melting down his armor, which would also jam or destroy his treads.

Now the alien queen can just pick the disabled dalek up and smash him over and over again on a strong wall on the Engineer's ship which could not possibly break.

If the dalek is a coward and stays outside while flying around, the aliens could hide inside until he runs out of power and falls to the ground, then they could just rush him and attack the helpless dalek unit it is destroyed. If the dalek still has enough energy for weapons systems, the aliens could just lure the dalek either into a big hole, or into a killzone, or even lure him to the reactor and get him to fire his weapon, which would instantly destroy the dalek and any aliens in the area, but there would be other aliens as shown in the Colonial Marines game.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

...wat :wtf:

Are you 12?

Seriously. The xenomorphs are *not* that intelligent or well coordinated. We never see them using tools in any fashion that I can recall. I can see them doing the statue thing, since that's basically how they ambushed the Marines in Aliens, but pouring liquid nitrogen on the Dalek? Facehuggers and 'tiny blades' and pulling *strings*?

Dalek power supplies are also pretty damn good. Not quite as perpetual as a TARDIS, but pretty good. And a 'big hole'? You JUST talked about it 'flying around'. I'm also pretty sure it could take a reactor explosion to the face. It might not be feeling great afterwards, mind.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Archinist
Padawan Learner

Post by Archinist »

Elheru Aran wrote:...wat :wtf:

Are you 12?

Seriously. The xenomorphs are *not* that intelligent or well coordinated. We never see them using tools in any fashion that I can recall. I can see them doing the statue thing, since that's basically how they ambushed the Marines in Aliens, but pouring liquid nitrogen on the Dalek? Facehuggers and 'tiny blades' and pulling *strings*?

Dalek power supplies are also pretty damn good. Not quite as perpetual as a TARDIS, but pretty good. And a 'big hole'? You JUST talked about it 'flying around'. I'm also pretty sure it could take a reactor explosion to the face. It might not be feeling great afterwards, mind.
Well, there was that scene where they were fiddling with one of the androids and inserting something into one of it's access holes, so I would assume it was attempting to modify or disable the android. This would signify that the alien is actually extremely intelligent. And don't forget about the turret scene, where the aliens realised that the turrets would continue to fire at them forever. So instead of slaughtering all their soldiers on the turrets, they actually retreated and attempted a different tactic. That is pretty damn smart.

I didn't mean literal strings and blades. I kind of was thinking about a wall of facehuggers, a floor of facehuggers and a ceiling of huggers. When the dalek enters the room, huge masses of flying aliens could rip apart the wall, ceiling and floor huggers, spraying high velocity acid everywhere.

About the hole, I was saying that the aliens could wait the dalek out, until it runs out of power and has barely enough power to fire it's weapon and drive around on the ground. The aliens could then lure the dalek to a massive cliff and have a heavy ramming alien to push it over the edge.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Archinist wrote:Well, there was that scene where they were fiddling with one of the androids and inserting something into one of it's access holes, so I would assume it was attempting to modify or disable the android. This would signify that the alien is actually extremely intelligent. And don't forget about the turret scene, where the aliens realised that the turrets would continue to fire at them forever. So instead of slaughtering all their soldiers on the turrets, they actually retreated and attempted a different tactic. That is pretty damn smart.
Do you mean in Alein: Resurrection when the 3rd gen hybrid was examining Call's wound? Yeah, not "modifying" or "disabling", just exploring ("oh, that hurts?")
Retreating from the sentry guns wasn't "pretty damned smart", it was "the 4-year olds learned mommy means it when she says 'no' and tried something else smart." (Or "master says don't pee on the rug" smart.) "Pretty damned smart" would have involved baiting the guns to fire without taking casualties (say, with facehuggers that haven't already cost a host organism), or doing so after the first one ran dry (suggesting limited ammo) and running the second out, too, and continuing into the compound.
I didn't mean literal strings and blades. I kind of was thinking about a wall of facehuggers, a floor of facehuggers and a ceiling of huggers. When the dalek enters the room, huge masses of flying aliens could rip apart the wall, ceiling and floor huggers, spraying high velocity acid everywhere.
Facehuggers aren't clever, they're biological mousetraps. And only in A:R (okay, and AvP) do we see aliens attack one another to escape captivity with their acid blood, never facehuggers. The "burn through a face-plate" thing facehuggers have demonstrated is too limited to bring down walls, ceilings, or floors, even in numbers. They're dumb, with one goal: find a host creature & implant it, (die).
About the hole, I was saying that the aliens could wait the dalek out, until it runs out of power and has barely enough power to fire it's weapon and drive around on the ground. The aliens could then lure the dalek to a massive cliff and have a heavy ramming alien to push it over the edge.
Daleks don't just "run out of power", they're genius-intelligence psychopathic war-bred mutant soldiers in a personal nearly-invulnerable flying tank and nearly brought down the Time Lords at the height of their power. And one would have destroyed contemporary earth in Dalek, if not for Rose and the Doctor.

Unless the Dalek is insane (passive), there's no reason it would choose to allow a dangerous (if only remotely) creature or colony of such creatures to "chill" long enough for its power source to go dead. It would have a dozen plans before it touched down the first time on LV-426, most including destroying the atmospheric processor ("IT IS ITS OWN BOMB? EXCELLENT!") , before hunting down the derelict Engineer ship, evaluating that, and working out how to destroy it and its infestation. Perhaps by activating its drive systems and turning it into a giant drink mixer *shooka-shooka!*. Alien blood does work on the Engineer ship alloy (the hole near the pilot's body that Kane went into was an acid burn), and aliens themselves are not terribly resistant to kinetic shock (bullets, APC wheels, etc.), while the eggs can withstand a bit more.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

The 'Aliens pretending to be statues' idea is fucking adorable.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Parallax
Jedi Knight

Post by Parallax »

Chimaera wrote:The 'Aliens pretending to be statues' idea is fucking adorable.
Don't Blink.
Parallax
Jedi Knight

Post by Parallax »

Anyhow ... the plan above has several glaring and really obvious flaws:

1) It grants the Xenomorphs skills they've never demonstrated (tool use). They haven't even been shown the ability to read - so how to do they know which canister contains liquid nitrogen? How do they even know what liquid nitrogen is? (The Xenomorph Education system is remarkably bad).
2) It grants the Xenomorphs intelligence they've never demonstrated (co-ordinated trap laying, complex co-ordination, etc).
3) It assumes a Dalek is vulnerable to liquid nitrogen, which we haven't seen since Planet of the Daleks. Which is waaaaaay back in terms of Dalek tech advancement. Modern Daleks survive not only flying around in Space complete unaided like it's nothing but also exposure to the Time Vortex.
And that's not even taking into account Dalek shields.
4) It assumes Dalek power sources run out. Honestly, we don't know what the upper limits on Dalek batteries are but I'll go out on a limb and assume that the Xenomorphs will age to death well before a Dalek runs out of juice.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Im jyst going to note tgat space is a barrell of laughs compared to liquid nitrogen. The first is a vacumn that makes overheating much more of a risk then freezing through ever decreasing infrared emissions. The latter requires 200kj per kilogeam dumped on it to bring that part back to room tempreture, to say nothing of the localised thernal stresses...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_heat
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Archinist wrote:Snip product of brain freeze
Oh, and the Dalek will stand perfectly still, and not fly up, evade, kill the dumb xenomorph bastard pulling this stupid shit, or, otherwise, in any way, react?!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

madd0ct0r wrote:Im jyst going to note tgat space is a barrell of laughs compared to liquid nitrogen. The first is a vacumn that makes overheating much more of a risk then freezing through ever decreasing infrared emissions. The latter requires 200kj per kilogeam dumped on it to bring that part back to room tempreture, to say nothing of the localised thernal stresses...

Quite. There's no reason to think that daleks are immune to the cold; though they're plainly heat-shielded to some degree for re-entry as we see them being deployed into atmospheres from orbit a few times.

But such a trap is beyond the xenomorphs.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

NecronLord wrote:
madd0ct0r wrote:Im jyst going to note tgat space is a barrell of laughs compared to liquid nitrogen. The first is a vacumn that makes overheating much more of a risk then freezing through ever decreasing infrared emissions. The latter requires 200kj per kilogeam dumped on it to bring that part back to room tempreture, to say nothing of the localised thernal stresses...

Quite. There's no reason to think that daleks are immune to the cold; though they're plainly heat-shielded to some degree for re-entry as we see them being deployed into atmospheres from orbit a few times.

But such a trap is beyond the xenomorphs.
Well, they may be still vulnerable to extreme cold like a liquid nitrogen bath, but they seemed fine on Trenzalore. I doubt merely having the temperature drop below 0 Celcius would be enough to stop one.

The Xenomorphs are not immune to cold temperatures either: they were clearly being hurt by the cold jets in Alien Resurrection, and in Alien 3 the Xenomorph's exoskeleton shattered after being exposed to rapid temperature changes.
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

Why wouldn't the Daleks wipe out the marines as well?
Also "gold and plunder"? They're a military fighting force, not pirates so why in the hell they're going to have "gold and plunder" is just stupid.

Daleks wouldn't allow the marines to retreat, at least not after killing all but one to send back as a herald of their coming. Daleks aren't ignorant to psy-war afterall.

Also how does a dalek "trip" in order to accidently set xenomorphs free? They don't exactly have feet to trip over.

This is all very contrived and silly.

Ultimately I could see the Daleks taking one as a living sample for Davros. He'd probably enjoy making bioweapons out of them too. More ways to kill things. Could be something to amuse him for a little while.
Probably put controllers in their heads and turn them into drones, and thus another part of the dalek engine of war.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"