New Doctor Who companion cast, so speaks Capaldi.

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

New Doctor Who companion cast, so speaks Capaldi.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03- ... er-capaldi
The new Doctor Who companion has been cast – and according to Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman's replacement could be announced very soon...
"There will be a new companion, along any minute," said Capaldi, "which I'm very excited about, 'cause obviously I know who that is and we've been doing a bit of work together already and it's very exciting. Because it's a very different sort of take on it."
Advertising

Capaldi added that, unlike Coleman's Clara Oswald, the new arrival will know "very little about the Doctor".
"Clara had prior knowledge of the Doctor," Capaldi told Brazilian website Omelete. "It was conceived as a human connected to your timeline, and so had access to the cosmic nature of the Doctor. She understood a little about how he was. And as she was already with [Eleventh Doctor] Matt [Smith], she knew the Daleks and the TARDIS. Now we have someone who knows very little about the Doctor."
How much or how little fans will already know about the new companion when they are finally announced remains to be seen...
Read more...
Please not another young human woman from modern Britain, please not another young human woman from modern Britain...

:D
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: New Doctor Who companion cast, so speaks Capaldi.

Post by Batman »

By and large the young human woman from modern Britain worked. I don't want a sentient spatula from planet Gronk47 in the #eatmyshorts nebula just because the makers of Who think they need to do something different.
And yeah, I wouldn't put that past them.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'd like someone from the past.

I also would have much preferred the Doctor's Daughter or Dalek Clara to actual Clara.

But like I've said before, I'd also really like another duo. I miss Rory and Amy.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I never had a problem with Clara but yeah, I miss Rory/Amy too. They made the 'you wouldn't like me if I'm angry' Doctor work beautifully in 'When a good man goes to war' despite their being no romantic connection between the two.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'