Three Galactic Empires

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Which Empire would you add modern earth to?

The Trantorian Galactic Empire
65%
Palpatine's First Galactic Empire
22%
The Galactic Empire (Goldenbaum Dynasty)
13%

Total votes: 23

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Re: Three Galactic Empires

Post by Tribble »

It's worse than that. There are too many people on earth who know the same things you do. Hiding the existence of the SW movies from the Empire would be impossible. Best case is that Earth is put under quarantine to keep that information contained. But a quarantine would require enough people who Palpatine trusts to keep the secret to enforce it. I doubt he can spare enough people he trusts to stay quiet if they know, so it would be people he trusts to ignore all communication attempts from the planet they are blockading.

The biggest threat of something slipping through the blockade would not be someone from Earth breaking out. It would be someone from outside slipping in and smuggling a copy of the movies out.
If knowledge of the SW movies is in play... things don't look very good for us if the Imperials reach us first. After the inevitable defeat/surrender, people are going to blab about the Star Wars movies. Once Palpatine hears about it he would extract whatever info he can for personal gain, which would almost certainly lead to the destruction of the Alliance. He'd probably kill Luke and Leia to keep Vader obedient (or kill them all just to be on the safe side). Then he'd probably Base Delta Zero Earth to make sure the information doesn't leak out. We know wayyyyyy to much information about him and he plans, he's not going to risk letting anyone on Earth stay alive.

If the Rebellion happens to get into contact with Earth first, things might get interesting. How do you think they'd react to the info from the movies? Would they do anything to protect us, if they are even able to do so? Or would they also Base Delta Zero us to make sure that the Empire doesn't find out that it eventually falls? With the entire Galaxy at stake, it'd certainly be tempting for them to do so.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Three Galactic Empires

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I can't recall one instance of the Alliance ever wiping out a world. The Alliance isn't perfect, but I very much doubt they'd resort to such extremities.

Especially when their are other steps they can take. Namely, keep things secret. How likely is it that the Empire would even notice us unless someone drew attention to us? Their are loads of backwards worlds in Star Wars, and its not like we'd be going out and contacting anyone any time soon unless we get our hands on a hyperdrive (though it might be a good time for us to stop broadcasting radio signals). Moreover, since the Empire is only thousands or millions of worlds across a galaxy (millions in the old EU for sure, as I recall), the nearest Imperial world may be a long way away.

Most likely they classify the discovery of Earth, glean as much intelligence as they can before they leave, and maybe leave a ship in orbit to monitor us. They could also quickly alter some of their plans that might be exposed (say, the locations of certain bases, though their's not much they can do about Luke and Leia's identities).

Edit: Also, knowing what we know about the Empire, and presuming that what you say about Palpatine trying to kill us may be correct, Earth will have every reason to support the Rebellion. I mean, we even know they can win, though things might work out differently in this new time line where Earth is involved.

Oh, and George Lucas ends up in an NSA cell being interrogated to find out how he knew. :lol: