Silly Versus Time: Big Hero 6 vs Ultron

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ted C
Sith Marauder

Silly Versus Time: Big Hero 6 vs Ultron

Post by Ted C »

Instead of the Avengers having to defeat Ultron, it's the Big Hero 6.

One or more of them created Ultron to defend the Earth against Alien threats, and it blew up in their faces.

Their personal gear is no more vulnerable to Ultron's hacking than Tony's armor was, so they can use their powers safely.

As in AoU, Ultron decides that humanity must evolve to survive, and some enormous disaster is just what's needed to force that evolution. Piss him off, and he'll decide to exterminate humanity out of spite.

Can they stop him?

(Microbot technology has been completely erased, incidentally. Hiro thought it was too dangerous.)
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Silly Versus Time: Big Hero 6 vs Ultron

Post by madd0ct0r »

Without the mind stone powered android to fight ultron in the Web the best they can do is whackamole
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

Hiro did not seem capable of either developing more robots/armor or AIs to battle all the Ultron drones. He didn't build Baymax, nor did he develop his AI - he only developed a combat program for him, and covered him in armor. Hiro doesn't have the resource that Stark has, and he was only able to adapt their other people's existing tech into more weaponized forms. The only "suit" he can be said to actually make was the reptile one, which wasn't all that powerful, (still excellent by our standards, but nowhere near even the Iron Man MkII model in terms of maneuverability.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

His most powerful invention is the microbots, really.
Spellca
Redshirt

Post by Spellca »

Without the microbots and the headband to control them, the movie universe Big Hero 6 loses this....badly.

I have no reason to believe that Baymax could avoid being taken over by Ultron but I think the android would see him as unneeded which leaves the option of destroying him. Baymax may be useful in dealing with drones with karate and raw strength but a Captain America or Hulk he is not. I would agree that Hiro Hamada is not Tony Stark. I still maintain that his microbots were the team's best advantage in this fight but they are removed from this scenario. I don't think Fred is useful in this fight at all. I am sure his fire-breathing could damage drones but he would be marginal in the fight. Honey Lemon's knowledge of chemistry, primarily her work with chemical metal embrittlement, but I would draw the line at that embrittlement methods working on Ultron's final vibranium form.

This leaves the two members I think have the most raw power against Ultron: Wasabi and Go Go Tomago. I believe that the two of them with the plasma-based weaponry and electro-magnetic disks could have the best chance at clearing out drones, Go Go obviously being faster than most of the drones on the ground anyway, prior to the Ultron creating his final body.

The lack of SHIELD support and the lack of experience among the heroes taking on diverse threats as seen in their own films makes me believe that even on the best of days Big Hero 6 would fail to prevent Marvel's walking Judgement Day from ending humanity.
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

madd0ct0r wrote:Without the mind stone powered android to fight ultron in the Web the best they can do is whackamole
Wasn't it JARVIS doing that?
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Jarvis is effectively vision without the body. I'm sure just being in contact with the mind stone gave it a bit of a boost
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie