The Man From Earth: The Series

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

The Man From Earth: The Series

Post by Sir Sirius »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNmO2 ... oCE9g/feed

Ran in to this accidentally. I wonder how this would work, the original movies "people talking" concept wouldn't really work for the television show.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: The Man From Earth: The Series

Post by Borgholio »

Unless they did it from a historical standpoint, where we actually get to see some flashbacks of historical events from his point of view. But yeah they can't possibly do the whole series based on them talking in a cabin. It might work if the series showed how his modern outlook on life was shaped by events in the distant past. Occasional memory flashbacks and such. If they wanted to, they could go one step further and show how he is attempting to deal with the (somewhat inevitable) idea that his secret will be discovered by others, or if he finds someone else like him.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Tandrax218
Padawan Learner

Post by Tandrax218 »

Oh this movie is an epic gem in the sad sea of mediocrity. I loved it when i watched it and im really interested in the idea that they will make a series , and im hpeing that the same people who made the movie will make it as well. I would not want jj abrams or some other d-bag destroying the concept.

As for the movie its deep and has a serious "punch" at the viewer.

@ Borgholio

In the movie he (jon) did say that he thinks that he saw some one who he suspects is another immortal at a train station once, so maybe that could be one arc in the story. But then again i think the series will probably pck off where the movie stopped.

Any way im looking forward to this.

P.S

Maybe he is Ollanius Pious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

I do like the underlying concept where you get to see how a personal view in the present is shaped by an event in the past.
Here's wishing New Amsterdam hadn't been cancelled :(
I did particularly enjoy the movie though, here's hoping a series doesn't shit all over it.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

The Kickstarter project exceeded it's goal. Excellent, I really loved the movie.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... the-series

Oddly enough the Youtube channel hasn't gathered many views at all, even though the Kickstarter exceeded it's goal.