(Doctor Who) Lifespan of an average Gallifreyan citizen

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: (Doctor Who) Lifespan of an average Gallifreyan citizen

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

The stasers do have a stun setting. The fact that they can perma-kill Time Lords doesn't counter Runcible not regenerating after being stabbed.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: (Doctor Who) Lifespan of an average Gallifreyan citizen

Post by NecronLord »

Nari wrote:Wasn't the Castellan himself shot and apparently perma-killed in The Five Doctors? IIRC, his body was referred to as "the body" which indicates that no-one expected him to regenerate and no discussion that it was unfortunate that he was out of regenerations. And unlike the Guards, he was clearly a Time Lord. So the TLs at least appear to have weapons that can perma-kill. Why they'd deploy them in the hands of guards in the Capitol, instead of something less lethal, is another question.
Invaders breached the capitol once (well twice) and the guns weren't much use on them. If anything I'd say they need bigger and better guns (which they seem to have by the Time War).
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth