Looking for the Children of Heaven story by Bladed_Crescent

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Zeph3r
Redshirt

Looking for the Children of Heaven story by Bladed_Crescent

Post by Zeph3r »

Greetings everyone,

I am looking for a story called "Children of Heaven" by Bladed_Crescent. I am a big fan of Bladed_Crescent's "All the little lost boys and girls", and there are a bunch of references to Children of Heaven in that thread. Searching the forum only turned up more references to how awesome it was, and that Bladed_Crescent had taken it down and was publishing it as a book. Using my google-fu I was only able to turn up a few pages of the story and the original link.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=107417

However this link only leads me to a interesting message "You are not authorised to read this forum."

So . . . this means that there is something still there, right?

Basically, what I'm asking is, did Bladed_Crescent ever end up publishing the book? And if he didn't . . . can I have access to this forum where the good stories are kept? :D

P.S. I would have tried to contact Bladed_Crescent himself, but he last logged in on 2013-02-18 . . . so I dunno if he's going to repond to a PM.

Thanks,

-Zeph3r
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Looking for the Children of Heaven story by Bladed_Cresc

Post by Elheru Aran »

I'm not familiar with the details, but if he meant to publish it, he may have asked a moderator to lock and sequester the thread in order to hold on to first rights. Stuart Slade, another author who posted here and elsewhere, had a bit of a debacle where he couldn't publish one of his stories because someone had posted it elsewhere on the Internet for public consumption. Crescent may have taken a tip from that.

I'll curb the speculation on my part now though and let those who know the facts of the matter fill you in...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Well PM'ing him isn't going to cost you anything but about a minute's time, so why not try it? At worst you're not going to get an answer so you won't be any worse off than you are now.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Zeph3r
Redshirt

Post by Zeph3r »

Still looking . . .
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

As I understand it, BC's story was removed from the normal User Fiction sub-forum to the Writer's Guild one as the latter is private so it protects his First Rights for the purposes of getting his book published. You won't be able to access it without getting accepted into the group, which I believe requires that you write regularly.