Mass turnout at Australia's BLM Protests

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Mass turnout at Australia's BLM Protests

Post by mr friendly guy »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-06-13 03:23am
loomer wrote: 2020-06-13 02:44am Oh shut the fuck up and stop following people from thread to thread to take shots and do literal whataboutism.
It is not "whataboutism" to point out mr friendly guy's one note hypocrisy on this issue. Nor is it "whataboutism" or "following people from thread to thread" to disagree with something someone says.

If you think I'm violating a board rule (which "following people from thread to thread to take shots" would be), take it to a mod. I wish you as much luck as I had reporting the many people who made a habit of following me around the board and harassing me.
Where is the hypocrisy dumbass? Do you even know what hypocrisy means?

Please, also point out the disagreement from my post. That specific post you replied to. Do you disagree that Scott Morrison says free speech right wingers but takes an opposite for left wingers? Do you disagree that he is hypocritical? Do you disagree that Western leaders apply a free speech for my views but don't apply it as stringently for opposing views? Which one do you specifically disagree with from that post?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

loomer wrote: 2020-06-13 02:44am Oh shut the fuck up and stop following people from thread to thread to take shots and do literal whataboutism.
It is not "whataboutism" to point out mr friendly guy's one note hypocrisy on this issue. Nor is it "whataboutism" or "following people from thread to thread" to disagree with something someone says.

If you think I'm violating a board rule (which "following people from thread to thread to take shots" would be), take it to a mod. I wish you as much luck as I had reporting the many people who made a habit of following me around the board and harassing me.
It is literally whataboutism to answer 'the West did something bad' with 'China does worse things!', you fucking pillock.

Like, literally the textbook goddamn definition of whataboutism is the Soviets answering 'Soviet human rights abuse' with 'and in America, you lynch Black people' rather than addressing the actual problem.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

loomer wrote: 2020-06-13 03:31am

It is literally whataboutism to answer 'the West did something bad' with 'China does worse things!', you fucking pillock.

Like, literally the textbook goddamn definition of whataboutism is the Soviets answering 'Soviet human rights abuse' with 'and in America, you lynch Black people' rather than addressing the actual problem.
My point is not to defend or distract from crimes in the West. My intent is to point out mr friendly guy's hypocrisy and double standard. Because we both know why he posts all these one-liners attacking Western hypocrisy, and its not because he has a problem with governments violating freedom of speech- just with which regime is doing it.

The problem here is not that I defend Western crimes- its that I also condemn non-Western ones.

And frankly, I think it says some not very nice things about you that I never see a peep from you when posters like mfg defend a regime that locks hundreds of thousands or millions of ethnic and religious minorities in concentration camps, yet you rush to accuse me (falsely) of violating a board rule when I try to call him out.
mr friendly guy wrote: 2020-06-13 03:19am
For some reason that unemployed loser gets triggered like a snowflake every time someone points out Western hypocrisy.
First of all, I am not currently unemployed, so that's defamation right there.

Second, calling an unemployed person a "loser", or using "unemployed" as an insult to demean, shame, or discredit someone, is blatant classism, very much in keeping with the values of the capitalist Western regimes which you claim to despise. And if you mocked an actual unemployed person for being unemployed during a pandemic/recession/depression, that would be an absolutely despicable, cruel thing to do. This is, in fact, the behavior of a bully.

Third, "triggered like a snowflake" is downright cliche Alt. Reich rhetoric.

Finally, and most importantly, the hypocrite here is YOU. Your constant one-liners attacking the West and America and their hypocrisy are not because you actually object to any of those actions, but simply as Whataboutism to defend a regime that has locked hundreds of thousands if not millions of religious and ethnic minorities in concentration camps, and regularly murders dissidents for exercising their free speech.

However, this is not the topic, so let's leave it here, okay? If anyone is unsatisfied with my conduct in this thread, you are welcome to report it to the mods, and I wish you as much luck with it as I had reporting the numerous people on this board who have harassed and defamed me.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-06-13 04:18am
loomer wrote: 2020-06-13 03:31am

My point is not to defend or distract from crimes in the West. My intent is to point out mr friendly guy's hypocrisy and double standard. Because we both know why he posts all these one-liners attacking Western hypocrisy, and its not because he has a problem with governments violating freedom of speech- just with which regime is doing it.

The problem here is not that I defend Western crimes- its that I also condemn non-Western ones.

And frankly, I think it says some not very nice things about you that I never see a peep from you when posters like mfg defend a regime that locks hundreds of thousands or millions of ethnic and religious minorities in concentration camps, yet you rush to accuse me (falsely) of violating a board rule when I try to call him out.
Bitch, I have literally gone after people for defending genocidal regimes. Meanwhile, you've kramered into this thread to post a zero-content whataboutism. Fuck off outta here.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I don't recall ever seeing you post much on the subject of the PRC or other non-Western regimes. However, because that is based on my subjective impression, not a comprehensive examination of your posting history, and because we are all entitled to our own priorities, I will withdraw that accusation. I let my temper get the better of me, and I apologize.

This might surprise you, but despite our significant ideological differences, I really have no personal beef against you, except insofar as you seem to have one against me.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-06-13 04:26am I don't recall ever seeing you post much on the subject of the PRC or other non-Western regimes. However, because that is based on my subjective impression, not a comprehensive examination of your posting history, and because we are all entitled to our own priorities, I will withdraw that accusation. I let my temper get the better of me, and I apologize.

This might surprise you, but despite our significant ideological differences, I really have no personal beef against you, except insofar as you seem to have one against me.
I've literally posted threads about the PRC's abuses, you fuckwit, as well as about collapsing rights in Indonesia, India, and Singapore - but even if I hadn't, so what? On what basis should I be expected to devote significant amounts of time to criticizing foreign countries when my own is a total shambles as a settler-colonial state? Why should I allow the literal genocidal foundations and ongoing genocidal reality of Australia and its sibling states (which I think even you'll have to admit I'm a pretty vocal poster about) a free pass to focus on abuses in other countries? Why exactly should I be devoting my time to the ailments of foreign nations when my own is rife with corruption?

Now, I don't give a rat's ass for your apologies because you keep making them and changing nothing about how you behave. You came in here to do a zero content whataboutism and then went on the attack when you were rightly called out on it, then decided to do your usual chestpuffing 'oh well you don't criticize genocidal regimes, you'll put me in the camps, you're an apologist for <whatever>' bullshit. Why should I accept your apology?
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

A whole page of commentary that has nothing to do with Australia. Thanks, cunts.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2020-06-13 04:18am
First of all, I am not currently unemployed, so that's defamation right there.

Second, calling an unemployed person a "loser", or using "unemployed" as an insult to demean, shame, or discredit someone, is blatant classism, very much in keeping with the values of the capitalist Western regimes which you claim to despise. And if you mocked an actual unemployed person for being unemployed during a pandemic/recession/depression, that would be an absolutely despicable, cruel thing to do. This is, in fact, the behavior of a bully.
You figured out I was trying to insult you? OMG, brilliant deduction Sherlock. What gave that away?

At least I don't resort to racist stereotypes in my insults, oh wait that's something you do.
Finally, and most importantly, the hypocrite here is YOU. Your constant one-liners attacking the West and America and their hypocrisy are not because you actually object to any of those actions, but simply as Whataboutism to defend a regime that has locked hundreds of thousands if not millions of religious and ethnic minorities in concentration camps, and regularly murders dissidents for exercising their free speech.
I attack Western hypocrisy because I don't really object to Western hypocrisy. :wtf: Okaay. I think you need to take your meds loser.

BTW, still waiting for you say what disagreement you have with my earlier post? Do you object to my claims of hypocrisy for Scott Morrison for example? But we both know you agree with me on the claim right wingers are being hypocritical. You just felt you had to post something to attack me.
However, this is not the topic, so let's leave it here, okay? If anyone is unsatisfied with my conduct in this thread, you are welcome to report it to the mods, and I wish you as much luck with it as I had reporting the numerous people on this board who have harassed and defamed me.
So you pick a fight, and then whine when people reply back. Can I add the term coward, in addition to loser to describe you?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Apparently the cops started attacking the people remaining at the Brisbane refugee rally and there are multiple injuries.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

JESUS H. CHRIST
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm with Dalton. WTF you guys?
LOCKED.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet