How does the new Star Wars Canon affect the debate?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

malguslover
Padawan Learner

Re: How does the new Star Wars Canon affect the debate?

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Once again you are only quoting part of your statement, ignoring the part with the error!

"Remember a huge planet just exploded lots of oxygen and other elements some elements that are oxidants which create their own oxygen when placed in high thermal situations."

You clearly state that "some elements that are oxidants which create their own oxygen when placed in high thermal situations." It is impossible for this to happen..
That isn't what you said I said.

Yes I fully admitted i misstyped the rest of the sentance but your "quote" was from the first part of that.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

I find it weird on these boards that people latch on to one thing as if that validates everything they said.
It validates the idea that you have no clue what you're talking about. If you're going to quote numbers then for fucks sake quote realistic numbers.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Borgholio wrote:
I find it weird on these boards that people latch on to one thing as if that validates everything they said.
It validates the idea that you have no clue what you're talking about. If you're going to quote numbers then for fucks sake quote realistic numbers.
... do you not know what quote means?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I pointed out your error, you responded by saying I misread you and supported this by only quoting part of your statement, ignoring the part containing the error.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:I pointed out your error, you responded by saying I misread you and supported this by only quoting part of your statement, ignoring the part containing the error.
well you didn't point out my error. You misquoted me and then i fixed what you missquoted
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

actually that is a very good question.

Why would Alderaan have a Planetary shield?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

malguslover wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:I pointed out your error, you responded by saying I misread you and supported this by only quoting part of your statement, ignoring the part containing the error.
well you didn't point out my error. You misquoted me and then i fixed what you missquoted
Here is my response to your initial statement:
Remember a huge planet just exploded lots of oxygen and other elements some elements that are oxidents which create their own oxygen when placed in high thermal situations.

Actually since Alderaan is Earth-like it's quite small compared to most known planets. And despite the oxygen being released, guess what, that's plasma too, so no fire either since combustion is a chemical process and that environment is too hot for it to occur. Once again, you demonstrate spectacular ignorance of science.

EDIT: Which is exacerbated by you saying things like "and other elements some elements that are oxidents." You mean "other molecules some of which are oxides which release oxygen when they are vaporised." You'd be a lot more credible if you didn't get element and molecule confused in the same damn sentence.
I point out your error, right there. You try and deny it.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
malguslover wrote:
Here is my response to your initial statement:
Remember a huge planet just exploded lots of oxygen and other elements some elements that are oxidents which create their own oxygen when placed in high thermal situations.

Actually since Alderaan is Earth-like it's quite small compared to most known planets. And despite the oxygen being released, guess what, that's plasma too, so no fire either since combustion is a chemical process and that environment is too hot for it to occur. Once again, you demonstrate spectacular ignorance of science.

EDIT: Which is exacerbated by you saying things like "and other elements some elements that are oxidents." You mean "other molecules some of which are oxides which release oxygen when they are vaporised." You'd be a lot more credible if you didn't get element and molecule confused in the same damn sentence.
I point out your error, right there. You try and deny it.
what? I'm talking about 5 sec ago when you missquoted me
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I have always quoted you directly.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Yeah. Right. What? Because for any planet that can afford to, it's an incredibly useful precaution to have?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:I have always quoted you directly.
bullshit

Show me where i said
and all the oxygen released by other elements.
You claimed I said that
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Batman wrote:Yeah. Right. What? Because for any planet that can afford to, it's an incredibly useful precaution to have?
well that's just it protection from what?

They are a core world, a peaceful world that has no weapons and are an important part of the Imperial senate. So why would they need it? We never see Alderaan under attack.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

malguslover wrote:
bullshit

Show me where i said
You claimed I said that
malguslover wrote:
Right there, from page five. The exact same quote I posted earlier when you tried to claim otherwise.

malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
malguslover wrote:
bullshit

Show me where i said
You claimed I said that
malguslover wrote:
Right there, from page five. The exact same quote I posted earlier when you tried to claim otherwise.
ok so you don't know what a quote means.

is no where in this

A quote is a direct word for word copy. Rofl the word Released isn't even in my actual quote
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Borgholio wrote:
bilateralrope wrote:
Borgholio wrote:Why doesn't Mandalore have one? Who knows. It's a reasonable assumption that they could if they really wanted to.
If they wanted to is a big if. Maybe they have cultural reasons for not wanting one. Maybe they thought they didn't have enemies strong enough to justify the cost of a shield over spending the money elsewhere.

The Rebels knew that the Empire was an enemy large enough to justify a shield. Plus knew that if they turned on the shield, it means the Empire had found them and they would be evacuating Hoth. So they only needed a low quality shield that would last long enough for them to evacuate, not one that needs to hold out against a siege for much longer and remain operational afterwards.
Very true, but that just reinforces the idea of a planetary shield. If the one on Hoth was their version of a cheap Chinese knock-off and it was able to hold off an entire fleet of Star Destroyers, what would a good / big one be able to do?
I'm not so good at extrapolating, so I'll go with holding off the Death Star beam for a fraction of a second.

All that's needed to explain planets that lack shields is some reason for their government to decide it's not worth the cost this year. Like the galaxy being peaceful before the Clone Wars, so many planets think they don't need a shield. Then the Clone Wars start, everyone wants a shield and the price skyrockets. Leading to many governments deciding to wait a bit until the price goes down again.
malguslover wrote:But would Allderaan have one then? Allderaan was an important planet in the Imperal Senate what did they have to fear?
Separatists during the Clone Wars. Then when the Clone Wars ended and the Empire rose, they decided to keep the shield.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Oh I dunno, maybe from the Imperials who were forced to send a fucking Death Star to blow it up?
an important part of the Imperial senate
The senate was disbanded before Tarkin even thought about blowing up Alderaan. Had you actually watched the movie, you would have known this.
So why would they need it?
Some of the most anti-Imperial senators came from Alderaan. The world was a thorn in the side of the Empire, which is why Tarkin chose it instead of a supposed Rebel base on Dantooine.
We never see Alderaan under attack.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

"some elements that are oxidents which create their own oxygen." That's what you said, the meaning is the same as "all the oxygen released by other elements," only the original version you wrote is even dumber.

You are grasping at very thin straws here.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

malguslover wrote:
Batman wrote:Yeah. Right. What? Because for any planet that can afford to, it's an incredibly useful precaution to have?
They are a core world, a peaceful world that has no weapons and are an important part of the Imperial senate. So why would they need it? We never see Alderaan under attack.
Because the Clone Wars never happened and the Seperatists totally never attacked tens of thousands of systems which totally wouldn't have benefited from having planetary shields. Oh wait.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Borgholio wrote: Oh I dunno, maybe from the Imperials who were forced to send a fucking Death Star to blow it up?
that's the rulling government. The ones that are protecting them. The Empire never invaded Allderaan why would they think that it would?

EDIT Oh wait this is even better you're trying to say that they had a planetary shield because they knew the empire would blow them up with a death star.
The senate was disbanded before Tarkin even thought about blowing up Alderaan. Had you actually watched the movie, you would have known this.
Woooshh that went right over your head. Yes the Imperial senate was disbanded at the begining of the movie. However for the past what 19 years Allderaan had been part of the Empire. Delaware isn't afraid that the US government is going to come in and occupy it. Why? Because its part of The United States.
Some of the most anti-Imperial senators came from Alderaan. The world was a thorn in the side of the Empire, which is why Tarkin chose it instead of a supposed Rebel base on Dantooine
got a canon source for most of the anti inmperial senators came from Alderaan? All we know is that one anti Imperial diplomat came from there.

No the reason he wanted Allderaan instead of Dantoonie was because Dantoonie was too remote to demonstrate the power of the Death Star to the rest of the galaxy. He wanted to destroy a core world to prove no one was safe and they were willing to destroy an important planet.

You would know that if you understood the movies you watched.

We never see Allderaan attacked BEFORE it is destroyed you idiot. You know if they had been attacked before we could understand why they would need a shield.

Are you always this stupid?

oh hey look no shield.
Last edited by malguslover on 2014-04-29 10:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Batman wrote:
malguslover wrote:
Because the Clone Wars never happened and the Seperatists totally never attacked tens of thousands of systems which totally wouldn't have benefited from having planetary shields. Oh wait.
i dont' think they ever attacked Alderaan
malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:"some elements that are oxidents which create their own oxygen." That's what you said, the meaning is the same as "all the oxygen released by other elements," only the original version you wrote is even dumber.

You are grasping at very thin straws here.
no you moron that's not a quote. and like I explained i had misstyped what i wanted to say.

You understand that you did missquote me right?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

No, I quoted you and demonstrated your error. You're trying to weasel out of it.
malguslover wrote:

got a canon source for most of the anti inmperial senators came from Alderaan? All we know is that one anti Imperial diplomat came from there.
He didn't say "most of the anti imperial senators came from Alderaan" he said " some of the most anti-imperial senators came from Alderaan." Meaning "Some of the senators with the strongest anti-imperial feelings" not "the majority of the anti imperial senators."

As for who they were, that would be Senator Bail Organa and Senator Leia Organa.

malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:No, I quoted you and demonstrated your error. You're trying to weasel out of it.

Ok wtf do you really not understand what a quote is?

because writting what you "think" i wrote is not a quote.

Tell me what you think a quote is

yes I did missread what he wrote but there is no canon evidence that Alderaan was a thorn in his side.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

malguslover wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:No, I quoted you and demonstrated your error. You're trying to weasel out of it.

yes I did missread what he wrote but there is no canon evidence that Alderaan was a thorn in his side.
I am stating exactly what you wrote, showing your error that you refuse to admit to.

malguslover
Padawan Learner

Post by malguslover »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
malguslover wrote:

I am stating exactly what you wrote, showing your error that you refuse to admit to.
I can't believe i'm having to teach you what a quote is
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quote

Quote :to repeat (something written or said by another person) exactly

: to write or say the exact words of (someone)

Seriously wtf? How did you ever get a degree? didn't you have to do a research paper and quote people?