Laughable "response" videos to this website on YouTube

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Optimus Metallus
Redshirt

Laughable "response" videos to this website on YouTube

Post by Optimus Metallus »

http://www.youtube.com/user/Idazmi7/sea ... =Star+Wars

Apparently this person has uploaded a whole series of videos in direct response to this website. I tried watching one of these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqZK6Qitco

...but the "logic" of it was so ridiculous that the stupidity of it made my head hurt. Anyway, I present this for your entertainment. Have at it.
Brother-Captain Optimus Metallus
Ultramarines 3rd Battle Company
biostem
Jedi Master

Re: Laughable "response" videos to this website on YouTube

Post by biostem »

I only watched part of the video, but the author hilariously cherry-picked which clips to show. For instance, the "martial arts" one basically only used the Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett fight from AotC, but didn't seem to include other fights. They also compared Vader choking that one Imperial officer in Ep IV vs some random starfleet guy who got psychic powers... neverminding the fact that Yoda lifting an X-Wing, force lightning, Yoda lifting that rock pillar, etc.

It wasn't even subtle from it's "cherry picky-ness"...
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

The "orion broadcast" channel addresses Mike Wong directly in about a dozen videos lol, probably hours of commentary, and the guy gets quite heated to say the least.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOrionBroadcast

Idazmi's videos are petty.
BlasTech.info
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

I can't believe the lengths of those videos- this Orion guy is not a happy bunny! 45 minutes ranting about Mike's alleged censorship... he needs to get out more.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

It gets funny at 10:38. I haven't laughed this hard in ages. I know I shouldn't...he's obviously mentally handicapped or insane, maybe both.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Darth Yan wrote:His blog and deviantart page are also pretty bad. He's written essays on Wong's communism and racism essays and seems to extend his hard on and hatred to Titan AE and confused Matthew.
**snip links**
Holy fucking shit. I did not expect to see tits on an albino furry thing wearing pants and no shirt. Probably NSFW :shock: :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Post by Boeing 757 »

Long story short, I've had the misfortune of debating this fucktard on youtube along with a few other users who frequent SW vs ST videos there. The guy is an utter dolt who lacks basic scientific knowledge, lies a lot when he can't win an argument and is known for marking pro Wars comments as spam. He has a persecution complex and believes that stardestroyer.net is out to get Star Trek and all Trek fans. :banghead: :lol:
Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium.

Kritisches Denken schützt vor Illusionen.

Παν μέτρον άριστον τῷ κρατίστῳ.
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

According to Orion Mike Wong owns Spacebattles, I've never seen that mentioned or even hinted anywhere else. I think he got it from some other forum or something; he thinks Mike personally had him banned for fighting the famous Aqua wank in that old space battles thread.
BlasTech.info
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Post by Boeing 757 »

The guy straight up needs to check in at a mental institution; that is all that needs to be said about him. Also, I'm pretty certain that he lives in his parents' basement since he dedicates his life 24/7 to pushing back against the "evil Warsie conspiracy" against ST. Honestly, I fear for the guy's sanity....

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

tbh if what you say is true there's nothing to fear as he has lost his sanity ages ago.

that said I'd really like to know where in God's green earth did he get the idea that Mike Wong owns the spacebattles board/site.

EDIT:With people like these on their side it's not hard to see why people might be unwilling to take any pro-trek debaters seriously.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

I'm curious as to how the guy's scientific know how is bad. He certainly tries to pass himself off as an expert.
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

He announced that he's writing a song which will debunk stardestroyer.net
BlasTech.info
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner

Post by Boeing 757 »

Darth Yan wrote:I'm curious as to how the guy's scientific know how is bad. He certainly tries to pass himself off as an expert.
He has made a lot of mistakes regarding science in the past, too many for me to remember them all. Some of the more obvious concepts though that he doesn't understand are voltage and electrical power, the difference between acceleration and velocity and I've seen him apply Newton's third law of mechanics to an incident from DS9 where a ship-mounted phaser array induced a solar flare against a Dominion shipyard in a laughable attempt to show that a phaser blast must have the same kind of power as a solar flare. Moreover he has no understanding of scientific units like teratons, gigawatts, etc. He once claimed his microwave oven is rated for 1.2 gigawatts on the spacebattles forum. T'was a gag. :lol: :roll:

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

It would be laughable if you were very tribal about it and ignored how creepy and disturbing it is. I doubt Mike is even aware of this guy or even cares, and its a debate which has long since gone its course and died. I doubt there are even flickering embers of debate anymore.

I've seen other conspiracy-mongering, obsessive people like this, and its not very funny to me because of the obessive fixation it entails. Heck I've *been* the subject of that myself already and so I can honestly say it is creepy as hell.

I mean replace 'Mike Wong' with some other figure. A celebrity. A political figure. Or someone near and dear to you. Would it sound funny then?
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Is this some weird role-play going on? WTF is all this Orion starship stuff and him designing stuff, and people taking his "Orion" away and using his "Orion" to protect himself. /slowly backs away
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Meest wrote:Is this some weird role-play going on? WTF is all this Orion starship stuff and him designing stuff, and people taking his "Orion" away and using his "Orion" to protect himself. /slowly backs away
Going by his own words, it seems to be his anti-Star Wars starship and an element of his real life delusions. With the topless furry-man with breasts as captain or something. The first thing I noted was it's phallic shape and six blue balls. :lol: :P :wtf:
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

Boeing 757 wrote:
Darth Yan wrote:I'm curious as to how the guy's scientific know how is bad. He certainly tries to pass himself off as an expert.
He has made a lot of mistakes regarding science in the past, too many for me to remember them all. Some of the more obvious concepts though that he doesn't understand are voltage and electrical power, the difference between acceleration and velocity and I've seen him apply Newton's third law of mechanics to an incident from DS9 where a ship-mounted phaser array induced a solar flare against a Dominion shipyard in a laughable attempt to show that a phaser blast must have the same kind of power as a solar flare. Moreover he has no understanding of scientific units like teratons, gigawatts, etc. He once claimed his microwave oven is rated for 1.2 gigawatts on the spacebattles forum. T'was a gag. :lol: :roll:
This is Idazmi, right? What was his spacebattles name? I can't imagine him lasting long in a regulated forum.
Lord Revan wrote:tbh if what you say is true there's nothing to fear as he has lost his sanity ages ago.

that said I'd really like to know where in God's green earth did he get the idea that Mike Wong owns the spacebattles board/site.

EDIT:With people like these on their side it's not hard to see why people might be unwilling to take any pro-trek debaters seriously.
Honestly, Idazmi's videos were the first real time I had truly encountered the ill logic Trekky so often mentioned on Mikes site, he's the stereotypical paragon of the "Trektard" lol. I honestly think most Trek fans are nowhere near as stupid, and are just like everyone else.
BlasTech.info
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner

Post by Boeing 757 »

Vance wrote:
Boeing 757 wrote:
This is Idazmi, right? What was his spacebattles name? I can't imagine him lasting long in a regulated forum.
Yes, Idazmi7. His name is Tlonak.
Lord Revan wrote:tbh if what you say is true there's nothing to fear as he has lost his sanity ages ago.

Honestly, Idazmi's videos were the first real time I had truly encountered the ill logic Trekky so often mentioned on Mikes site, he's the stereotypical paragon of the "Trektard" lol. I honestly think most Trek fans are nowhere near as stupid, and are just like everyone else.
This isn't SW vs ST related, but I saw him claim recently that Q could take on Galactus and win easily. :lol:

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Because, since Q claims he's omnipotent, he must be omnipotent, and we all know Trek characters never exaggerate or are simply wrong and Q is totally not known to be a liar. Oh wait.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Admiral Mercury
Redshirt

Post by Admiral Mercury »

Batman wrote:Because, since Q claims he's omnipotent, he must be omnipotent, and we all know Trek characters never exaggerate or are simply wrong and Q is totally not known to be a liar. Oh wait.
Come now, even if the Q aren't omnipotent in the classical sense of the word (really nothing can be), they're still an extremely powerful force in any universe. They can travel through time, they can bring back the dead, they can destroy galaxies at a whim, they can travel throughout the universe instantaneously, their weapons are so powerful that they wreak havoc in other universes, and the Q can alter the fundamental constants of the universe. Sorry, but Galactus is getting pwn'd in that battle.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Admiral Mercury wrote:
Batman wrote:Because, since Q claims he's omnipotent, he must be omnipotent, and we all know Trek characters never exaggerate or are simply wrong and Q is totally not known to be a liar. Oh wait.
Come now, even if the Q aren't omnipotent in the classical sense of the word (really nothing can be), they're still an extremely powerful force in any universe. They can travel through time,
So can the UFP even in Kirk's time. Casually and for the sake of historical research.
they can bring back the dead
So can modern medicine.
they can destroy galaxies at a whim,
When, exactly, did that happen? Other than a Q 'claiming' they could?
they can travel throughout the universe instantaneously,
When, exactly, did that happen? Other than a Q 'claiming' it did?
their weapons are so powerful that they wreak havoc in other universes
As happened where, if you could be bothered? I can't even recall the Q ever claiming that.
, and the Q can alter the fundamental constants of the universe.
Um-no.Q 'claimed' he could do that. But feel free to show evidence for the Q ever actually using that power.
Sorry, but Galactus is getting pwn'd in that battle.
Not seeing that within the scope of the feats the Q have actually been shown to be capable of.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner

Post by Boeing 757 »

Thanks for replying back to him, Batman. I for one tend to think that Q's powers are greatly exaggerated.

WATCH-MAN
Padawan Learner

Post by WATCH-MAN »

I think, you are overdoing your »Q only claimed to be omnipotent but has shown nothing to prove it.«

Fact is that omnipotence can't be proven, it can only be falsified.

Insofar it is easier for you to show that there is something, Q can't do than for someone else to show that Q really is omnpotent and can do all there is to do.

Let us take a detour through the facts:

The first person who described Q as omnipotent was not Q. It was Guinan in the TNG episode Deja Q (Episode 3x13):
        • Guinan:
          It must be terribly frightening for you, to be totally defenceless after all of those centuries being omnipotent.
The first time, Q described himself as omnipotent was in the TNG Episode True Q (Episode 6x06):
        • Q:
          Well. to put it simply, we're omnipotent. There's nothing, nothing we can't do.
This he said to a naive young woman who was - without knowing it - a Q herself. He didn't say it to others. And we do not know if he really meant it or if it was a oversimplification - as he wanted to put it simply.

The other time he described himself as omnipotent was in the VOY episode The Q and the Grey (Episode 3x11):
        • Q:
          I know that you're probably asking yourself, why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to mate with a scrawny little bipedal specimen like me?
But that seems to be more a joke than a description the scrawny little bipedal specimen would agree to.

And before he was only considered as very powerful - but not omnipotent - e.g. in the TNG episode Hide and Q (Episode 1x10):
        • Geordi:
          Where are we?

Data:
          Considering the power demonstrated by "Q" the last time ... Anywhere! Assuming this place even exists.
            • [...]
          Q:
          Do you understand? I've given you the power of the "Q".
            • [...]
          Picrd:
          Will, how the hell do I advise you what to do?!

Riker:
          No one has ever offered to turn you into "God?"

Picard:
          Don't joke with me! What the "Q" has offered you has got to be close to "immortality," Will. They're not lying about controlling space and time; we've seen it in what they can do. But...
Notice: close to "immortal" - not immortal - as real omnipotence would suggest.

It seems, that Starfleet does not really regard Q as omnipotent - but so powerful that he could be omnipotent as well.

And Quinn - a Q himself - admitts this in the YOY episode Death Wish (Episode 2x18):
        • Quinn:
          But you mustn't think of us as omnipotent, no matter what the Continuum would like you to believe. You and your ship seem incredibly powerful to lifeforms without your technical expertise. It's no different with us. We may appear omnipotent to you, but believe me, we're not.
Insofar I regard it as established that Q is not omnipotent - that this word is used as a hyperbole - because he is so powerfull - compared to the powers of the UfP - that he could be omnipotent as well.

Fact is that Q is very powerful. We don't know, where the limits of his powers are.

I do not really know what this Galactus can do.

But to convince anybody, that this Galactus is better than Q, that he can't be destroyed by Q, you should list his powers and compare them with the powers of Q.

To merely play the powers of Q down, won't win you any credibility as these powers are known insofar as that there weren't any limits shown in them.

Is Galactus as powerful as Q?
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner

Post by Boeing 757 »

WATCH-MAN wrote:Fact is that Q is very powerful. We don't know, where the limits of his powers are.
Which is a far cry from having no limits. Just because we haven't seen the limit of his powers doesn't mean that he has none, or that they must be orders of magnitude greater than what he had shown in the past.
I do not really know what this Galactus can do. But to convince anybody, that this Galactus is better than Q, that he can't be destroyed by Q, you should list his powers and compare them with the powers of Q.
It depends on how well fed Galactus is. As usual, he's capable of draining the life-force of entire planets. In brief though, he is the sole survivor of a universe which ended before the Big Bang, and was created as Galactus after the Big Bang. He is the oldest living being in our universe. Remember how Q once transported a small asteroid moon in "Deja Q"? Well, Galactus can transport an entire galaxy from one part of the universe to another. What has Q ever done that could compare with a feat such as that?

Here's a fight between him and Mephisto:

Stars and planets were "shattered", distant constellations eroded and it was implied that the universe itself would have soon been at risk.

If Galactus has the Ultimate Nullifier in his possession, he can wipe out or create universes at will.
To merely play the powers of Q down, won't win you any credibility as these powers are known insofar as that there weren't any limits shown in them.
Do you understand what a no-limits argument is?
Is Galactus as powerful as Q?
Based on what he can do, he's well beyond Q.