Hypothetical Situation: The Executor

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Re: Hypothetical Situation: The Executor

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I'll reiterate stuff I've said before. We really dont know as much as we need to about SW armour, but what we do know hints strongly that most armour (from what troopers use up to starships) is far more than 'put a slab of dense matter in the way and hope for the best' Forcefields and other mechanisms (or tricks, if youw ant to call it) seem to be involved in 'armour' (to absorb, dissipate, and redirect attacks) and even then its more a matter of damage mitigation than actual resistance.

the neutronium magic (if we assume its real and neutronium isn't a word for 'really fricking dense magic metal' in hull armour, for example, is I believe some sort of heat-sink like mechanism, its basically a point where energy is transferred into until it can be dealt with, rather than the hull having significant deposits of neutronium (which is impossible.)
Jedipilot24
Youngling

Post by Jedipilot24 »

The hypothetical situation would not happen because Darth Vader is not stupid enough to leave his flagship adrift regardless of what happened to it. If something had come up requiring an evacuation, then Vader would have set the self-destruct or, if that can't happen for some reason, he would have brought in something with a superlaser--like the Tarkin--to vape it.
Michael Westen wrote: Killers, by and large, are whining losers.
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Jedipilot24 wrote:The hypothetical situation would not happen because Darth Vader is not stupid enough to leave his flagship adrift regardless of what happened to it. If something had come up requiring an evacuation, then Vader would have set the self-destruct or, if that can't happen for some reason, he would have brought in something with a superlaser--like the Tarkin--to vape it.
I guess that's why it's called a hypothetical situation...
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."