Lord Helmet wrote:1. It is not bullshit it is fact we cannot use that scene to determine the max yield of a torpedo.
2. We are not discussing other torpedo hits of lesser or greater magnitude we are discussing that one.
3. Considering we know that firstly trek uses mass lightening and secondly even nowadays we can create Deuterium with a density of 140 kg/cm3 (ultra-dense deuterium) the volume of the warhead is not really a issue.
1) Show me an instance of higher demonstrated firepower from a torpedo then or this is the highest we've ever observed and thus should be assumed to be the highest they can use.
2) Other hits are relevant for determining how close to maximum yield this hit was.
3) Yet we have no evidence they use anywhere near this density in their weapons or that this would be in any way effective in a weapons capacity where you need a large number of individual particles to interact. Dense pellets don't do this.