World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: World of Warships

Post by Lonestar »

I spent way too much

Got a bunch of camos, maybe 3k gold total, 180 days premium, and an Ichi.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote: Are you fucking kidding me? Aren't some of these missions things like "kill 20 Soviet ships"?

Yeah you might want to look at the NA website. NA missions are always retardedly easy, whereas European missions are always retardedly hard.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/com ... sfaveship/

There is not a single mission task on there I could not complete within three days of normal gaming.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Yeesh, as I was then
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Oh Jesus

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Nice, four easy broadside targets.

100k damage inc in the next four minutes?
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:Oh Jesus
Joking aside, from the screenshot I can tell you don't have the right options enabled. Go to your settings and under control turn "Collision avoidance system" off and enable "alternative battle mode".

Also, on your minimap (hold ctrl, click on the wheel above the minimap) you should enable "last position markers" as well as numerical values shown.

also use the + and - key on your numpad to enlarge the minimap. It should be about double the size so you can actually see what is coming for you or not.

Always use premium consumables for repair and heal - you can change those from doubloons to credits in port via dropdown menu (there is a slightly hidden one next to the doubloon value which you can use to switch cost to credits).

Lastly, how did you spec your New Mexico and New Mexico captain?
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote:Nice, four easy broadside targets.

100k damage inc in the next four minutes?

No, I got my ass kicked.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote:
Like this

Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Lonestar wrote:
Venator wrote:
At least on NA, all they are is XP grind. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/com ... sfaveship/

It's time consuming if you don't get unicum XP each game, but not much worse than the ARP Takao grind.

I probably won't bother, though I'm trying to get the Takao grind done so it might happen anyway.

I don't know what unicum is
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Top-level player.

Don't know where the term originated.

I believe it's a bastardization of unicorn - as in, players of extremely high skill who are as rare as unicorns.

I think it's lost a lot of meaning due to length of time the games have been out, since I see blue players every game at Tier 6+ in WoT nowadays, and purple every couple games.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:
Thanas wrote:
Like this

K, the ship equipment is fine.

The captain skills however are mostly useless.

Why? Fire prevention and expert loader are useless. The former because it is a total reduction of fire chance (you have a base chance of getting hit with fire * amount of HE shells hitting - fire resistance = total chance of getting set on fire. FP is only applied to total chance, not per shell, thus useless), expert loader because you always want to fire what you got in your barrels anyway Note it only affects reload once you have fully reloaded.

This is the skillpoints you always want to race (and save up for) on US Battleships:

http://shipcomrade.com/skillcalc/001001 ... 1000000000

From there you can skill into either:

a) The Air Fortress build:
This makes CVs cry. This is how you get Clear Sky awards with NC or Monty. Quite posssibly the worst build for any CV to fight up against and the build I chose when divisioning with CVs. With your last three points either get vigilance, high alert or Fire prevention and expert loader.

This is my favorite build for US BBs as it buffs their greatest strength, the AA. And there are plenty of CVs around on EU.

b) Survivability build
A good choice if you have problems surviving. Cons: Really needs 18 points to be used. Pros: You can damage cont and heal sooo much....my favorite build on the NC for ranked.

c) Concealment build
Only recommended on Iowa and Montana. Pros: Ridiculously fast concealment allows you to sneak up to cruisers undetected and blast them from 11km. Cons: You will eat a lot of torps, so take vigilance. Also you will needd a fast ship to pull this off. Thus, take Iowa or Monty.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How the EU got fucked for Christmas:

------------
------------
My LPs
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Lonestar wrote:I spent way too much

I spent $55, got a bunch of camos, 3.5K in dubloons, 180 days premium, and the Emden with a ten point Kraut Captain, who immediately got reassigned to my German DD line. Oh and five Golden Dragon signal flags that give 333% Commander XP.

I might spent a bit more on those santa boxes next paycheck, see what else I can snag.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Agent Fisher wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I spent way too much

I spent $55, got a bunch of camos, 3.5K in dubloons, 180 days premium, and the Emden with a ten point Kraut Captain, who immediately got reassigned to my German DD line. Oh and five Golden Dragon signal flags that give 333% Commander XP.

I might spent a bit more on those santa boxes next paycheck, see what else I can snag.
Ghetto edit: Not five, fifty golden dragon signals.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Thanas wrote:How the EU got fucked for Christmas:
Well yeah, but basically your market is entirely paying for the game. I don't mind having given them money but I just logged on again to see what was what with the predreadnought cruiser and it's at about 13,000 people still. Maybe a uptick over what it would have been this time of day a few months ago, but it's also December 23rd. It really does not help that America is Aircraft Carrier-AA centric as a power and nobody wants to play carriers here, and I can't see why anyone would.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I'm definitely going to play CV on the US server once I finish grinding up my alt account.

Because US seems to be fighter centric and I love going up against fighter carriers. Easy wins.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

...or why I decided not to spent money on Wargaming this christmas.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

So, this just happened:

I usually treat the Yorck as a supporting artillery cruiser with excellent AP characteristics and range. I ended up hopelessly isolated squaring off against an Atlanta, a Konig and a New Mexico.

The Atlanta was easy, but jinking like an Inital D montage and flushing torps from both sides to finish both BBs, was less so. Credit to a friendly DD for drawing secondary fire and making the BBs turn away from their torps and into mine.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

It looks like I'llbe able to grind out the second-to-last set of ARP ships(I assume two more CAs) but not whatever the last set is in time. Oh well.

I got a Kutuzov in one of the santa containers, as well as the Polish DD. I like the Kutuzov but it takes a lot of effort to not try to play it essentially as a mini-BB.

My scoring sucks, according to my profile I'm averaging about 19k damage per round, I'm trying to turn it around with better aiming, keeping the bow pointed towards the enemy, escaping when I get too damaged, etc. But I really don't know what I can do to improve that.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

So, I spent a bit more. Texas, warspite,Arizona, Atlanta, Marblehead.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Oh and the ichy
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I wish the Warspite was better than what it is, it has astonishingly short range for the ship that had the longest confirmed combat hit
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Lonestar wrote:I wish the Warspite was better than what it is, it has astonishingly short range for the ship that had the longest confirmed combat hit
Popular theory is that she represents the pre-refit configuration of the Warspite; the standard Queen Elizabeth class (whenever the hell she finally arrives) will have a range upgrade to probably be best-for-tier.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

But she has a post-refit superstructure though...
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote:
Lonestar wrote:I wish the Warspite was better than what it is, it has astonishingly short range for the ship that had the longest confirmed combat hit
Popular theory is that she represents the pre-refit configuration of the Warspite; the standard Queen Elizabeth class (whenever the hell she finally arrives) will have a range upgrade to probably be best-for-tier.

Nah, she clearly is post refit. The reason for the short range was that when she was first introduced, she had the biggest and most powerful guns of her tier, coupled with the most OP heal and damage control countdowns of all BBs. So they balanced her by giving her short range.

Then they released new long-range cruisers and BBs and thus she suffers heavily from powercreep.
------------
------------
My LPs