supervisor son killed himself

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

dragon
Sith Marauder

supervisor son killed himself

Post by dragon »

Found out today his 15 year old killed himself Saturday with his dad's handgun. He was on life support and they pulled the plug this morning. Being Texas the kid was raised with guns, his dad took him shooting many times. While the gun was locked the kid had access in case of self defense after all he was a responsible gun user.

Whats even worse is that the Dad's mom killed herself 2 months ago due to cancer. So in space of 2 months he lost his mom and his kid. Whats sick is that people that aren't from a gun state are already telling him it's his fault as he shouldn't had a gun in his home where the kid could access it.

In makes me think about how little we've come as a society that instead of offering support in difficult times some people instead acts like asses.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: supervisor son killed himself

Post by Borgholio »

In makes me think about how little we've come as a society that instead of offering support in difficult times some people instead acts like asses.
What he's going through now should be more than enough punishment for anything he *MIGHT* have done wrong. I emphasize *might* because we don't know if he was negligent or anything like that. In either case, calling him out on it only makes jackasses of the people doing it. If you disagree with guns, then fine...just leave the fucking guy alone. He's hurting enough already.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

suicide is contagious. It was absolutely not this guys fault, and is he going to need careful watching for a year.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The mom killing herself -even if it was for a reason that seems justifiable - automatically raises the risk for others in the family and circle of close friends for a time.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

damn turns out the dad had just hopped in the shower when the son went into the room got the gun and killed himself. So the dad was only 10 feet or so away
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Honestly, 15 is old enough to be trusted to handle a gun responsibly if you've provided education. When it comes down to it, I don't think he did anything wrong. His son knew how to properly treat a firearm, and I really doubt the guy thought his son was going to get suicidal. It's just not the sort of thing you'd expect.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.