Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

Post by Solauren »

This is the only BBS or Forum I go do I haven't found information on it so.....

Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter - Aka lots of good minis dirt cheap

In Summary
Reaper Miniatures is/was looking for some pledges to ramp up production of their new 'Bones' subline (Plastic miniatures from the Dark Heavens line), and were doing the standard 'and if you pledge this much, you get this' route.

THeir start was $30,000 dollars.

At 7 days to go (and 6 days to my wife and I make our pledge), they are at $784,000.00

If anyone has been thinking about getting some new miniatures, check out the kickstarter.

(My wife and I are waiting until Friday to see what, if anything else, they add to the 'stretch goals', as we love Reaper miniatures)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Re: Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter

Post by Grumman »

It's a lot of models, but they're all over the place. Every time I try to work out whether there's enough stuff there that I'd actually want, my eyes glaze over.
Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto »

Are they 25 or 30mm? Basically, if I put them next to my GW figures, will they look like a bunch of kiddies attacking?
“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”
Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

They're equivalent scale to GW minis, for the most part.

I pledged $100, because that's roughly $350+ worth of minis for the reward.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

My wife and I made our pledge about 30 minutes ago.

Vampire level and goodies :) Lots of Goodies.
Also added on a Clockwork Dragon for a friend, and another set of Elves and Classics for another friend.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto »

Well, I'm in for the Vampire package.

The wife and I had a bet of how much further it'll go. It's currently at $2.7 mill, approaching the Necromancers level. I'm betting there'll be a last-minute rush, and it'll push through the Necromancers, and two more; and the wife is betting that with the way they're boosting the money for each level, it'll just do the Necromancers, and then run out of steam.

Anyone else want to have a go? We're not trying to guess the actual money amount, just how many more levels it'll accomplish in the last 15 hours.
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

It just ended. Too bad the servers were clogged, I was trying to get the undead dragon during the last few minutes ><
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

I pledged at $135 off the bat, not knowing which add-ons I wanted. Now I can take my time picking.
Korto
Jedi Master

Post by Korto »

Stormin wrote:It just ended. Too bad the servers were clogged, I was trying to get the undead dragon during the last few minutes ><
You might consider getting in touch with Reaper, tell them what happened, and ask if you can increase your pledge now. They would know it was pretty busy at the end, and anyway, there's not very many businesses that turn down offers of more money.

Plan B is apparently you can elect to not have Sophie, and use that money for something else, but that's a definite "Plan B" as far as I'm concerned. I like the figure, and could imagine her leading a possible Slaanesh 40K force.
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Post by Stormin »

Actually from the emails it looks like everyone can upgrade at will at a later time. As for Sophie, I was planning to switch it out anyways for the clockwork dragon.