OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Canada, ARE YOU READY?

Post by Surlethe »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-m ... -obamacare

"Moving to fucking Canada!!!! #obamacare #supremeCourtruling #absoluteJOKE"

"Obama, how is this 'a victory for all'? People who have jobs can afford health care. I might as well move to Canada"

"Moving to Canada until this fuck is out of office. Be back in 4 months. @pattyd1"

"God literally fuck this. I'm moving to Canada. Jump off a cliff @Obama."

"#SCOTUS holds up free healthcare for everyone?! Screw this commie country, I'm moving to #Canada #whoswithme"

"I'm moving to Canada. Obviously the United States doesn't know what they are doing anymore. This used to be a great country... Pretty sad."

I bet half of them are sarcastic, but still ... :lol: we continue to uphold the great American tradition of threatening to move to Canada when you lose a political catfight!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: Canada, ARE YOU READY?

Post by Purple »

What makes them thing Canada will take them?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

I think the irony is even sweeter considering the health care politics of Canada...
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

It was posted twice in the Healthcare thread. :P
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Purple wrote:What makes them thing Canada will take them?
Alberta's crippling labor shortage?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I'm sure we can put them to work in the gulags diamond mines up in the Northwest Territories.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Blayne
On Probation

Post by Blayne »

Canada if I recall has very strict entry requirements even with the work system under NAFTA, I'm not even sure a majority of cases would even be considered unless they spoke French, food for thought :)
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I'd like to move to Canada, it seems like a nice place, like the U.S., but with manners and universal healthcare.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:I'd like to move to Canada, it seems like a nice place, like the U.S., but with manners and universal healthcare.

No you wouldn't, like a quarter of them are French. And not the good kind, either. The assholes that make Parisans look like polite individuals.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

About 20% (give or take a few percentage points) are French and most of them are in Quebec. But I agree with the rest of Lonestar's statement.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Funny, I've never had any sort of problem interacting with Québécois. Nor Parisien(ne)s, for that matter.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Terralthra wrote:Funny, I've never had any sort of problem interacting with Québécois. Nor Parisien(ne)s, for that matter.
Then you're also an asshole. You're in good company with them. :) lol j/k

I have friends from Quebec and they are good people but it is the overall whininess or assholishness when one also take in the news and politics involving Quebec. They also have sucky roads (Montreal and the Outauais (sp?) ), and the forcefulness of pushing French on others when there is really no need.

Forcing French on 80% of the country and a greater requirement to know French in order to get a government job, really do make them into assholes.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Unfortunately for them and Alberta's crippling labour shortage, Jason Kenney suspended all immigration appications until some point in 2013. You're out of luck.

PS Fuck Kenney
XXXI
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Purple wrote:What makes them thing Canada will take them?
We won't. Unless they can find a way to claim refugee status.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Post by Aaron MkII »

The only way these clowns will get in is if Toronto gets hit with a meteor and we need to replace a couple million assholes.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Enigma wrote:
Terralthra wrote:Funny, I've never had any sort of problem interacting with Québécois. Nor Parisien(ne)s, for that matter.
Then you're also an asshole. You're in good company with them. :) lol j/k

I have friends from Quebec and they are good people but it is the overall whininess or assholishness when one also take in the news and politics involving Quebec. They also have sucky roads (Montreal and the Outauais (sp?) ), and the forcefulness of pushing French on others when there is really no need.

Forcing French on 80% of the country and a greater requirement to know French in order to get a government job, really do make them into assholes.
Stereotypes off the starboard bow!

Quebecois get their share of stereotypes, but spending any length of time in Quebec makes you realize its population is broken into good, normal, and bad segments just like anywhere else. Now, they do often have a great deal of pride in their culture, loathe the introduction of outside cultural elements, and jealously insist that their language and traditions be dominant. They're like the Americans of Canada. :twisted:
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Post by Aaron MkII »

Lets not forget the systemic corruption in the provincial government. Its kinda like chicago.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

should we warn the lolbertarians about them Windigos?

are they still around like they were when I lived there for about a 6 month span with hippie smugglers?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
khursed
Youngling

Post by khursed »

I've just finished my 3 year mission of infiltrating the USA, damn it, am I glad to be away from the land of deep fry everything!!! Also known as Texas, I've reported my findings to my superiors in Quebec, and we all agree our best bet is to hire cajun agent from Louisiana to do our spying, a lot easier!

All jokes aside, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the people were in the USA, even in the supposedly bad places.

I was also pleasantly surprised to meet people who visited Montreal and loved it. So I guess we're not all that bad.

It's not because I'm bilingual that I was of any use down back in Texas though :P
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:should we warn the lolbertarians about them Windigos?

are they still around like they were when I lived there for about a 6 month span with hippie smugglers?
Let them find out the hard way.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well technically there are two kinds of Windigos, the crazy real humans that try to kill folks and eat them, and than there's the ones that folks in the pacific northwest try to (warn) pull people's legs about that really don't exist (they are as real as Drop Bears)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin