Avatarverse - A Look at the whole story

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Avatarverse - A Look at the whole story

Post by tezunegari »

PLEASE READ THIS POST COMPLETELY FIRST
I just finished reading this fanfiction on fanfiction.net: What SHOULD have Happened in AtLA

Now you might ask yourself, why I am posting it here in Fantasy instead of in User Fiction

Well, the first 56 chapters are pretty much fanfiction showing the plotholes and apparently
fuck-ups of the characters while offering nice alternatives to the action taken in the show.

Chapter 57 to 61 are doing the same for the shows final Episode "Sozin's Comet".

Chapter 62 is a warning.

The last Chapter (# 63 at the time of this post) begins the moment Avatar - The last Airbender ends: in Ozais' cell with Zukos' question.

Now what could a single chapter of a fanfiction do: Imagine french-kissing Cthullu while playing speed-chess with the Riders of the Apocalypse and repainting the Sixtine Chapel with cyberpunk and steampunk erotica. It will fuck your views on the Avatarverse accordingly.

Chapter 63 is (according to the author) about 80 pages long, revisits all the important points in the show...
it doesn't add any new situations or changes any of the decisions made in the show, at the end it asks you only one question:

Who are the good guys in Avatar - The last Airbender.

And if you actually read it, imagine the implication this would have on Legend of Korra...

P.S.: In case this is better suited for the User Fiction Area, would a Moderator please move it.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Re: Avatarverse - A Look at the whole story

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Note to other readers: don't read this for the dialogue. The characters open their mouths just to pontificate about the show's problems.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

So, it's like the Ember Island Players, but only with more profanity?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

And here I was hoping it was about it was James Cameron Dances With Wolves rip-off.
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

Er, the Fire Nation under Ozai weren't the good guys by any stretch of the imagination.

They started a hundred-year war with an unprovoked genocidal attack, and planned another genocide to cap it off.

There is no evidence in favour of the idea that the spirits were using bending to socially control humans. Bending was a human invention, in fact, made by emulation of spirits as it goes, but it wasn't directly taught by them.

The idea that it's only useful to kill people is also absurd. Firebending helped drive the Fire Nation's industrial revolution, in fact. Earthbending and waterbending are useful for construction, airbending for transport. Lightningbending is, as shown in Legend of Korra, a source of electricity.

Besides, Legend of Korra contradicts the idea that bending is fundamentally anti-progress. So this fanfiction doesn't have a leg to stand on in that regard.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That fanfic is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen said about this series. Literally the dumbest.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Yeah, not good. For starters, you chose to open on a low note with a joke that cannot work here. You cannot subvert the audience's dramatic expectations for comedy by quoting a joke they already know.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

:oops:
My sincerest apologies for this post that can only be called piece of utter shit.
Though I have to admit my spelling is quite legible for the state of being I was in.

I am currently on medical leave due to an injury to my left lower leg which also got infected recently.
Yesterday I got a prescription for pain medication because I started to have problems walking.

Unfortunately one of my roommates has recently started to experiment with mixing drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholig).
He had some new concoction ready when i came into the kitchen for a glass of water to "pop my happy-pill"
and offered it to me. A drink for me, a lab rat for him - two birds with one stone.

Bad idea. Not long after that I became quite intoxicated as if I had drunk a bar dry.
According to my roomate they called an ambulance at 10:45 pm after I got quite rowdy in my room.

As I learned earlier today from the doctor in the ER the flavonoids of the grapefruit juice (self pressed not the industr
ial stuff, "Only the best for my lab rats friends.") interacted with my pain meds.

From now on I will stick to tap water for any pills I'll have to take.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"