Mortal Kombat Like RP

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Mortal Kombat Like RP

Post by Demiurgas »

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a Mortal Kombat like role play, with a similar origins as unto Mortal Kombat. . . Deities sealing the universe to protect mortals from evil lords, and with duels needed to conquer other worlds.

Now, only the early game would have the actual Tournament or Two. But eventually the game would take the focus off the Tournament, and evetnually it would reach the Tournament again.

Characters could be as diverse in origin and powers as they are in the game, only perhaps a little less silly. For example, if you're going to be a Cop, you're still going to have to possess superhuman ability to go toe to toe with a Thunder God, etcetera.

Is anyone interested in a RP that isn't Nation based?
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Re: Mortal Kombat Like RP

Post by Panzersharkcat »

I don't think it'd fit an STGOD like this. Also, it should really go into the general GEC forum.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Hm. At first I thought you were right, but I checked the rules for the Game Forum and the abbreviation for RP in the STGOD section.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Hmm. Well, I guess you could ask a moderator. I said what I said because every other RP I know of has gone on in the GEC forum itself.
EDIT: I checked the original homebrew thread by ECR. It got moved to GEC by Thanas because it was a regular tabletop. Not sure how this applies to this itself, though.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Ah, okay, I sent a PM to Thanas.:)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

So, I take it you're not actually interested in SDNW5?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Hm. I'll just put a rain check on it. Sorry Simon, but I've changed my mind for now with it. Maybe later. I do know that SDNW's go on for a looong time.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, they're not for the short of attention span. The term "ADHD Lemming" was devised in SDNW4 for a reason.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Hm. Yeah. On a change of subject, I think I'll ask some moderators to move this RP to the Gaming forum instead of this one.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

moved upon request.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Whoah! Tough crowd. :/
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Well... give us some more background... Something to work with beyond... Sort of like MK but not.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Thanks for the advice. The plot is coming up.
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

TimeLine:
Billions of years ago gods ruled the megaverse perfectly.
A Taint spreads, causing mortals to wage war and the gods to fight eachother.
The gods finish their war and pass laws to protect weaker worlds from conquest, the most notable of those laws being the Law of the Blood Tournament.

It's 2012 on Earth. Has lost 9 Blood Tournaments in a row. If we fail again, we will all suffer horrific fates. One of the Earth gods is gathering champions to protect Earth from invasion.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

I read the OP and immediately thought of this.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Interesting. Thank you Tasoth.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Never played that game or the ones I'm about to post, it seems like Contenders and Piledrivers & Powerbombs have a focus on stuff outside of the actual fights also.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Tough Crowd. :/