Sith Empire (TOR era) military question

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Sith Empire (TOR era) military question

Post by Lord Revan »

something I've been wondering is there any info on armored vehicles that the Sith Empire from SW:TOR uses be they walkers or repulsor based (I never got that far before my grafics card broke)?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Srelex
Jedi Master

Re: Sith Empire (TOR era) military question

Post by Srelex »

Judging from this, they use both.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

considering the republic uses both and there's no where enough Sith to counter act that, the Empire using those was a no brainer, I what I was after was more detailed info, like vehicle types and such.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lord Revan wrote:considering the republic uses both and there's no where enough Sith to counter act that, the Empire using those was a no brainer, I what I was after was more detailed info, like vehicle types and such.
It's deliberately vague and there's a great lack of standardization among group types per TOR data entries. The only standardized things we see are the fighters and a single type of walker that's transport. The sense I've gotten from the written EU is that assault craft except for assault shuttles are world specific at this point. This implies a much less cohesive galactic society or perhaps standardization of controls so a Republic trooper fighting on Ord Mantell can handle much different looking hover craft of Alderaan just as well.

What I'm saying in other words is that TOR era ships don't carry ground attack craft aside from the ships own guns. While there is heavy use of droids and other heavily armed robotic walkers actual manned vehicles are rare except for transports and the AI themselves are dumb except in the Fire don't fire sense.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

In game, you typically see the Republic using a single type of walker, while the sith have a wheeled super-heavy tank similar to a Juggernaut.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks