Dr. Horrible sequel being worked on

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Dr. Horrible sequel being worked on

Post by FaxModem1 »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -You-Think
Dr. Horrible Sequel Coming Sooner Than You Think
Mike Kayatta | 16 March 2012 12:02 pm

While you're watching The Avengers on the big screen, Joss Whedon will be outside filming Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog 2.

Now that The Avengers is in the final stages of production, Joss Whedon has refocused his attention on finally producing a follow-up to one of the most popular web series of all time, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. According to Whedon, the actors are on board, and shooting should begin this summer.

"We are hard on it," Whedon said. "It's been a really tough year-couple of years-partially, I'm happy to say, because of work."

The original Dr. Horrible was actually a product of the 2007-2008 writer's strike, and since then, Whedon has completed two features, the aforementioned Avengers flick, and a, perhaps less well-known, film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing (which, yes, Nathan Fillion is in). But even amidst work on two major productions, the director has still somehow managed to make progress on his return to everyone's favorite crooning blogger.

"We do have a number of songs written," he said. "We have a whole outline."

Whedon has yet to reveal even the slightest hint at what path Dr. Horrible's story will take, but apparently, he's pretty confident in what he's come up with, because if all goes well, he'll be filming in just a few short months.

"We're stuck, basically, at this one part in the process," Whedon said. "All of us are looking at this summer as the time when we can go, 'Hey, you know what? We've got a little free time, let's get unstuck.' Neil has been like, 'How long?' We're all sort of just waiting, but the waiting will stop."
Well, this is good news.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Dr. Horrible sequel being worked on

Post by Batman »

It most certainly is. I verily enjoyed the original.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

I'm not even sure how they would do a sequel. The story was about his traumatic rise. Meh.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Erik von Nein wrote:I'm not even sure how they would do a sequel. The story was about his traumatic rise. Meh.
A disaffected supervillain that decides to break up the monotony he'll masquerade as a superhero, kinda like a reverse-green-hornet.

That's what I'd do.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Mad science bringing Penny back to life, maybe?
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Erik von Nein wrote:I'm not even sure how they would do a sequel. The story was about his traumatic rise. Meh.
A disaffected supervillain that decides to break up the monotony he'll masquerade as a superhero, kinda like a reverse-green-hornet.

That's what I'd do.
Spekio wrote:Mad science bringing Penny back to life, maybe?
I say the revenge of Captain Hammer and his friends the bargain-basement justice league.

Or the heroe's rise of a competent nemesis for the not-so-good doctor.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Dr. Horrible II: Moist Strikes Back.