StarDestroyer.Net BBS

Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
Login   Register FAQ    Search

View unanswered posts | View active topics

It is currently 2014-10-01 02:29pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Board index » Non-Fiction » Off-Topic

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

Key & Peele suprisingly good

Moderators: Edi, Frank Hipper

[ 7 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

lance
PostPosted: 2012-03-13 11:00pm 

Jedi Master

Kind of like a nerdy Chapelle.
   Profile |  

Patrick Degan
PostPosted: 2012-03-13 11:32pm 

Emperor's Hand

Oh yes, the duo in which one is President Obama and the other is his "anger translator", Obama's alter-ego: Luther. They were on NPR's Fresh Air programme today. I recall a previous NPR interview they gave in which they got the inspiration for that skit format from the old Saturday Night Live Weekend Update conclusions in which Chevy Chase would read the top headline for the day aided by Garrett Morris, head of the School for the Deaf and which consisted of Chevy first reading the material, and Morris then shouting it at the top of his lungs.
   Profile |  

Dalton
PostPosted: 2012-03-13 11:41pm 

For Those About to Rock We Salute You

I saw an episode - pretty funny, bit of a rehash though. I feel like Comedy Central is trying to make it the new Chappelle's Show. They do good, and I've loved Key since his days on MadTV.
   Profile |  

lance
PostPosted: 2012-03-14 12:37am 

Jedi Master

The white face nazi skit put them over the top with one of them iding himself as Baron Helmut
   Profile |  

Ziggy Stardust
PostPosted: 2012-03-14 02:36pm 

Jedi Council Member

I haven't seen the show, I admit, but the clips they use in the trailers/commercials for the show are just terrible, and this combined with Comedy Central's history of having bad original programming (still don't understand how "Tosh.0" can still be on the air) did not convince me to give it a shot.
   Profile |  

Aniron
PostPosted: 2012-03-14 03:16pm 

Padawan Learner

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
I haven't seen the show, I admit, but the clips they use in the trailers/commercials for the show are just terrible, and this combined with Comedy Central's history of having bad original programming (still don't understand how "Tosh.0" can still be on the air) did not convince me to give it a shot.

They look terrible because they're out of context. That should be obvious to anyone who watches a commercial for a sketch show.

Watch this:

Profile |  

Dalton
PostPosted: 2012-03-14 08:20pm 

For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Ziggy Stardust wrote:

Considering that Tosh.0 still pulls in huge ratings (#5 in cable last night), I would hardly call it "bad original programming". It's currently doing better than Stewart and Colbert (both original programming) and Key & Peele (original programming) is also up there and doing better than Colbert.

Personal tastes notwithstanding, the series is objectively a success.

Last night's cable ratings
   Profile |  

[ 7 posts ] 

It is currently 2014-10-01 02:29pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Board index » Non-Fiction » Off-Topic