Jedi Master

Key & Peele suprisingly good

Post by lance »

Kind of like a nerdy Chapelle.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Key & Peele suprisingly good

Post by Patrick Degan »

Oh yes, the duo in which one is President Obama and the other is his "anger translator", Obama's alter-ego: Luther. They were on NPR's Fresh Air programme today. I recall a previous NPR interview they gave in which they got the inspiration for that skit format from the old Saturday Night Live Weekend Update conclusions in which Chevy Chase would read the top headline for the day aided by Garrett Morris, head of the School for the Deaf and which consisted of Chevy first reading the material, and Morris then shouting it at the top of his lungs.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I saw an episode - pretty funny, bit of a rehash though. I feel like Comedy Central is trying to make it the new Chappelle's Show. They do good, and I've loved Key since his days on MadTV.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

The white face nazi skit put them over the top with one of them iding himself as Baron Helmut
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

I haven't seen the show, I admit, but the clips they use in the trailers/commercials for the show are just terrible, and this combined with Comedy Central's history of having bad original programming (still don't understand how "Tosh.0" can still be on the air) did not convince me to give it a shot.
Aniron
Padawan Learner

Post by Aniron »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I haven't seen the show, I admit, but the clips they use in the trailers/commercials for the show are just terrible, and this combined with Comedy Central's history of having bad original programming (still don't understand how "Tosh.0" can still be on the air) did not convince me to give it a shot.
They look terrible because they're out of context. That should be obvious to anyone who watches a commercial for a sketch show.

Watch this:

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I haven't seen the show, I admit, but the clips they use in the trailers/commercials for the show are just terrible, and this combined with Comedy Central's history of having bad original programming (still don't understand how "Tosh.0" can still be on the air) did not convince me to give it a shot.
Considering that Tosh.0 still pulls in huge ratings (#5 in cable last night), I would hardly call it "bad original programming". It's currently doing better than Stewart and Colbert (both original programming) and Key & Peele (original programming) is also up there and doing better than Colbert.

Personal tastes notwithstanding, the series is objectively a success.

Last night's cable ratings
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.