Calculus Help

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

DaZergRock54444
Padawan Learner

Calculus Help

Post by DaZergRock54444 »

I am currently in need of assistance with my Calculus course.

To Elaborate:
I am taking the equivalent of Calculus I for dual (high school and college) credit and require assistance in a variety of topics. We are currently beginning integral calculus and have just learned the Fundamental Theorem. What I mainly need is additional practice problems, and, on occasion, deeper explanations of certain principals (i.e. the Delta-Epsilon method for finding limits).

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might render to me,
DaZergRock54444
Instead of foodservice equipment, let's play with large format projectors.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Re: Calculus Help

Post by Surlethe »

If you're using a decent textbook, it should have tons of practice problems after each section. If you're not, you should go onto Amazon and buy an older edition of one of the classic textbooks like Stewart. As far as understanding various concepts (e.g. epsilon-delta proofs), you should ask your professor first, then possibly post specific questions about particular concepts here (where you may have some helpers, including myself if I check frequently enough and have time to respond) or at a dedicated math-help site like math.stackexchange.com.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Additionally, we're not here to do your homework for you. Just keep that in mind.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Your school also most likely has tutoring that is free and available, especially for lower division classes like Calc 1. That would be a much better resource for you than random people on the internet.

That being said, Surlethe and Kuroneko will talk your head off about math given the chance...
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.