New Legend of Korra Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

New Legend of Korra Trailer

Post by Zor »

Not praticularly well put together, but it does show some scenes. Apparently they have electricity and cameras in Republic City.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Re: New Legend of Korra Trailer

Post by Molyneux »

Not at all impressed by the trailer, but damn if I'm not still pumped about the show itself.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Apparently they outsource the trailer to the guys who do all the Rob Snider movie trailers. I hope they did not pay money for that.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

This trailer seems like it's targetted at the actual majority audience of Nickelodeon today, ie. kids too young to have seen the original Avatar. I can see the rationale behind it. Presumably, the executives are either doing two-pronged marketing or are expecting fans of the original to tune in without having to try.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

"That was a two thousand year old historical treasure!"

"Whoops."

LMAO :mrgreen: :D

Eh, I thought it was a cute little trailer. Light on action, but I like Korra's voice actress and it's good to see the humor is going to be present.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Even if the trailer was targeted to a young audience, it's nice to a get a closer look at the show.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

They revealed a new character today:

Asami Sato (the one voiced by the actress that played Yue in the movie), "described as a young non-bender and daughter to a wealthy industrialist."

As you might recall, we also know of a character called Hiroshi Sato, presumably her industrialist father. Our first suspect for the real identity of Amon, I would say.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Good thought.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

It's not a trailer, but a bunch of background music was released. I'm glad they're trying to appease us with something, at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCToSEDNaE

This track... is so good.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

The Korra main theme is epic.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Sounds good. I'm glad the Track Team is returning to provided both sound design and music.
Chirios
Jedi Knight

Post by Chirios »

Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

The individual pieces have been posted/leaked before, but all nice and put together, not yet. :D And since we're posting new Korra stuff, here's a new trailer.

Also, there's another here as part of a press release and a short clip of the bender arena fighting here.
Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

Series premier Saturday, April 14th at 11am.

Also, if the official Korra Facebook page gets 100,000 new Likes they'll stream the first episode two weeks early!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Heh, that shouldn't be too hard.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

avatarxprime wrote:Also, there's another here as part of a press release and a short clip of the bender arena fighting here.
Oh, my God, that press release trailer should not be a footnote in this post. I wish this forum supported embedding media from other websites.
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Based on these new trailers, Amon's demeanor and mask design is reminding me a lot of Gargoyle from Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. I curious to see where the creators got the idea.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Bryan Konietzko did recently mention an appreciation for Gainax (particularly FLCL) on his Tumblr. So it's certainly plausible that Nadia might be more of an influence here than any random masked villain. That said though, I don't think Amon's demeanor is really similar to Gargoyle at all. Amon seems to be pure menace, while Gargoyle was a very genteel and soft-spoken bastard. (I actually hope that Amon turns out to more charismatic than he would seem so far.)
The Nomad
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Nomad »

Seasons 2 of Fate/Zero and Game of Thrones, and Legend of Korra premiere... hell yes, I'm eager to be in April.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Bright wrote:That said though, I don't think Amon's demeanor is really similar to Gargoyle at all. Amon seems to be pure menace, while Gargoyle was a very genteel and soft-spoken bastard. (I actually hope that Amon turns out to more charismatic than he would seem so far.)
He'd have to be charismatic to pull together his own movement.

I guess I'm reaching with the Gargoyle influence since I know the creators love anime.
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

So the series premiere has leaked online.

Just go here http://nickpress-thelegendofkorra.com/a ... groom.html

Username nickpress, password nickpress.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yep got a hold of episode 1, I intend to watch it later. Now the question is, deliberate super nice leak or totally awesome unauthorized leak?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

My comments after viewing episode 1 Spoiler
First off the animation is gorgeous. The images pop, the characters are excellently animated three great if short fights in the first episode, one a firebending fight between the three lackeys we've seen before. The second fight between three Triad Hoodlums and the last between the earth/metal bending cops of Republic city that's more of a chase scene than a fight. But right away you can tell Korra is nothing like Aang because of the shear physicality of her fights. Aang gets flames thrown at him he dodges out of the way. Korra gets flames throw at her she neutralizes them then the bender then picks the guy up and throws him through a nearby storefront.

More on the design, gotta say I love both the design of the metal-bending police (Who airdrop in from their orbiting police Zeppelins... pretty damn awesome) and Amon and the Equalists also have a great design (Middle ages Chinese spec-ops).

Also note again I love the metal bender cops. Seriously they air drop out of zeppelins then spider man around the city to stop crime.

I'll skip over all people who are sons and daughters of X from the original series to note the preemie sets up the premise well. Avatar Korra needs to be trained in airbending, she goes to meet her teacher and along the way runs into the two main antagonists the Triad thugs and an Anti-Bending/Equalists Street Preacher and we end on a first episode about Amon the leader of the Equalists saying portentous things. All in all an awesome first episode which gives me high hopes for the rest of the series. It has a far stronger opening than the first Avatar series.

hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Chief Lin Beifong is such a bad-ass, I know she'll be my favourite character.
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Alphawolf55 wrote:So the series premiere has leaked online.

Just go here http://nickpress-thelegendofkorra.com/a ... groom.html

Username nickpress, password nickpress.
Hm, the video does not show up for me. Is this happening to anyone else?
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."