My Little Pony

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Zixinus »

Did I see it right that there was footage from Season 2 there? Is there any news on Season 2 anyway?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

Zixinus wrote:Did I see it right that there was footage from Season 2 there? Is there any news on Season 2 anyway?
Lol, I WISH there was season 2 footage in there. :lol:

There is a very good Q&A interview with the shows main Director Jayson Thiessen, here on Equestria Daily where he talks about the production of season 1 and a little about season 2.

There was also a recent post on EqD about Jayson Thiessen confirmed to be attending a big brony meetup in New York this September and there is speculation they may use that event to preview season 2 for people.
"The Cosmos is expanding every second everyday, but their minds are slowly shrinking as they close their eyes and pray." - MC Hawking
"It's like a kids game. A morbid, blood-soaked Tetris game..." - Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

Had to make this after watching some old DBZ clips. :P
"The Cosmos is expanding every second everyday, but their minds are slowly shrinking as they close their eyes and pray." - MC Hawking
"It's like a kids game. A morbid, blood-soaked Tetris game..." - Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

ok, so on the subject of "Derp Hooves"
Can someone explain to me why in most Fan Art, I see her with what looks like a "daughter" who happens to be a unicorn.
Can someone tell me if this is supposed to be a Fan created daughter? Niece?
It sounds silly, but, well, Derpy is a Pegasus, and the daughter is a unicorn... That doesn't happen does it?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

It is purely a fan creation. There was a background unicorn filly in the show that just kinda looked like a filly Derpy but with a slightly different body color and a lot of people just decided to make her Derpy's daughter in a bunch of fanfics and artwork and hence it seems to have stuck as part of her fanon. I read one story a few months back that goes into Derpy's past and deals with the unicorn father. Believe it was called "Dinky Doo's Father Revealed"

As far as how the race of an offspring works, although Lauren Faust has stated the ponies reproduce sexually, actual mixed race parents have not been revealed yet canonically. I would just assume that they can interbreed and the offspring of a mixed race couple would just randomly develop as either the race of the mother or the father.
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

Some Season 2 animated clips taken from a just recently shown HUB commercial. This is all of the pony footage from it, the rest is for other HUB channel stuff and so no point in posting the whole commercial.

Celestia is looking a wee bit badass in there. Wonder where she is taking them too?
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

Icehawk wrote: Celestia is looking a wee bit badass in there. Wonder where she is taking them too?
Her torture chamber just for the hell of it, and to keep twilight in line by showing what she does to unhappy ponies. But for reall's since the show cant make any arcs then it's probably not to important.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Looks like season 2 is confirmed for September 17th.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
open_sketchbook
Jedi Master

Post by open_sketchbook »

Yeah, so Discord is voiced by by John de Lancie and is essentially Q in freaky merging of various animals form.

That's kind of totally awesome.
1980s Rock is to music what Giant Robot shows are to anime
Think about it.

Cruising low in my N-1 blasting phat beats,
showin' off my chrome on them Coruscant streets
Got my 'saber on my belt and my gat by side,
this here yellow plane makes for a sick ride
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

If anyone wants to know, there's a clip released from the first episode of the second series here. But be warned, it spoils the look and some of the abilities of the villain.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

I have great hopes for Discord.

What I'm worried about, however, is that this plot will only widen the gap between earth ponies and the other pony races. There better be some interplay between Applejack and the others about their handicaps. In fact, I should hope that AJ and Pinkie are going to carry a lot of weight there.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

You think it might cause tension amongst the mane cast? It's almost as if the villain is trying to sow 8) discord.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Oh man, de Lancie is Discord? Awesome.
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

evilsoup wrote:You think it might cause tension amongst the mane cast? It's almost as if the villain is trying to sow 8) discord.
I'm more referring to how they're presented in the narrative. If the others are still able to function on equal ground with AJ and Pinkie even without their horns and wings, then earth ponies really are the loser race. Their "gifts" are already fairly marginalized and vaguely defined, and now Discord's challenge seems to imply they had nothing of significance worth removing.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

General Schatten wrote:Oh man, de Lancie is Discord? Awesome.
So he's gone from playing a nigh-omnipotent, drolly humorous, trickster spirit archetype to playing...a nigh-omnipotent, drolly humorous, trickster spirit archetype?

I'm tempted to make some comment about playing against type, but if I did my arms would probably mysteriously vanish. :P
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Oh, my, god! Only two more days!
I am trembling already! Does anyone know a way I can watch them as soon as they come out and not wait on youtube? Sadly none of the TV channels I can acquire right now show them.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I was wondering the same thing.. As far as I know MLP is on no broadcast channel.
They should cut a deal with iTunes and host the episodes as they come out like many other shows do right now.

I don't know about you but I don't mind spending an average 1 to 2$ per show :)
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

As the blessed day approaches, "Equestria Daily" has an in-depth interview with Lauren Faust.
Lots of good stuff in there including quite a bit of insight into how Season one "Should" have gone.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

All the info about tonight, the Best Night Ever, and watching the first episode of season two: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/s ... s-and.html
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Well just watched the first ep, and DAWWWWWMNNNN Things got Dark! I can see why up until the producers where condifent of the shows popularity, that they were hesitant about doing someone of the things we see in the first Ep.
Some of thats just FREAKY! like Steven King Freaky!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

It's up on youtube.

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Pinkie Pie makes a great argument on the merits of anarchy. Chocolate. Rain.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I suspect Picard would take some satisfaction from knowing that Q had been frozen in stone for over a thousand years....
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

I know its a pic, but I just had to post this here: Image
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester