StarDestroyer.Net BBS

Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
Login   Register FAQ    Search

View unanswered posts | View active topics

It is currently 2014-09-19 01:56pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Board index » Non-Fiction » Off-Topic

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Moderators: Edi, Frank Hipper

[ 18 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Isolder74
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 05:58pm 

Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.

This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.
   Profile |  

JointStrikeFighter
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:15pm 

Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Why don't you call the health department?
   Profile |  

Stark
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:17pm 

Emperor's Hand

Why do you keep eating there if the food makes you sick?
   Profile |  

The Romulan Republic
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:18pm 

Sith Marauder

Isolder74 wrote:
This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.

This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.

Once, maybe twice at the same location and I'd never go back. How you'd go back after two times...

And yes, you should report them.
   Profile |  

Isolder74
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:41pm 

I did say I was in a hurry.

I don't get to work via a car and it's the only place nearby where I work that I could get to at the time. Next time I'll walk the 2 blocks to go somewhere else and then ride the bus home.
   Profile |  

Stofsk
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:47pm 

Emperor's Hand

Maybe you should consider packing yourself a lunch instead from now on. You'll end up saving more money and you have full knowledge and control of what you put in the sandwich or salad.

In the meantime, I do suggest calling it in to whoever's in charge of regulating restaurant outlets where you are. Food contamination/poisoning in the worst case can hospitalise and even kill people.

EDIT: out of interest, why didn't you complain upon discovering the contents of your meal to have been undercooked? You were right there and you could have pointed it out to the people in charge.
   Profile |  

Isolder74
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 06:54pm 

I didn't realize it until I was where I was going and halfway through eating it.

Edit: I usually do make my own lunch with home made bread but I'd just run out the day before.
   Profile |  

Flagg
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 10:44pm 

CUNTS FOR EYES!

Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
Stark wrote:

Because he's a moron, stark. A moron.
   Profile |  

Stark
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 10:47pm 

Emperor's Hand

I know America is kind of a shit place when it comes to consumer protection, but undercooked chicken is pretty serious and easy to detect. Why complain to the store when you can just call the relevant authority and get them inspected?
   Profile |  

Flagg
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 11:00pm 

CUNTS FOR EYES!

Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
Stark wrote:
I know America is kind of a shit place when it comes to consumer protection, but undercooked chicken is pretty serious and easy to detect. Why complain to the store when you can just call the relevant authority and get them inspected?

Laziness? I mean he's dumb enough to eat at a place that's served him raw food twice before this latest incident, so laziness seems likely as well.
   Profile |  

SCRawl
PostPosted: 2011-09-04 11:54pm 

Has a bad feeling about this.

As someone with experience in a kitchen you know that this isn't just a matter of customer dissatisfaction, it's a public health issue. I think that you need to make a call to someone in higher authority than the Burger King assistant manager.
   Profile |  

Dalton
PostPosted: 2011-09-05 12:52am 

For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Flagg, Stark, shut the fuck up.
   Profile |  

Spoonist
PostPosted: 2011-09-05 03:22am 

Jedi Council Member

SCRawl wrote:
As someone with experience in a kitchen you know that this isn't just a matter of customer dissatisfaction, it's a public health issue. I think that you need to make a call to someone in higher authority than the Burger King assistant manager.

Agreed. If you are in a situation like this, take pictures - lots of them - of the foodstuff. I'd take some of the staff as well, but if you are in the US that might not be wise.
Then I'd contact the health inspection and the BK central office. If the franchise central office doesn't respond I'd put those pictures on the internet.
   Profile |  

spooky spice
PostPosted: 2011-09-05 05:45am 

Redshirt

Flagg wrote:
Stark wrote:

Isolder74 wrote:
This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it.

RTFPP
   Profile |  

Raw Shark
PostPosted: 2011-09-06 07:10pm 

Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Isolder74 wrote:

You may benefit if you go to the doctor and get an official diagnosis on the record while you're still sick, after you report this to the Board of Health (which you really should do, because other people might get poisoned, also). It may seem expensive, but it could save you a lot of money in the long run if the illness spirals way out of control and you wind up in a legal battle with a gigantic corporation over medical bills. Good luck!
   Profile |  

Darth Fanboy
PostPosted: 2011-09-06 11:13pm 

DUH! WINNING!

spooky spice wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Stark wrote:

Isolder74 wrote:
This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it.

RTFPP

But not the first time he's eaten improperly prepared food from there that could potentially sicken him. But then again what would I know? I only read the post.
   Profile |  

Isolder74
PostPosted: 2011-09-06 11:26pm 

Darth Fanboy wrote:
But not the first time he's eaten improperly prepared food from there that could potentially sicken him. But then again what would I know? I only read the post.

Did I say what I'd gotten that was undercooked. No? why? I didn't think it was relevant. The times before it was just the fries and not the meat.
   Profile |  

weemadando
PostPosted: 2011-09-07 02:28am 

SMAKIBBFB

No, you never mentioned any other issues except for undercooked chicken. Which you say has happened twice before.

Poor writing on your part. Not poor interpretation.
   Profile |  

[ 18 posts ] 

It is currently 2014-09-19 01:56pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Board index » Non-Fiction » Off-Topic