I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

User avatar
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes
Posts: 6646
Joined: 2002-07-10 01:16am
Location: Weber State of Construction University
Contact:

I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Isolder74 » 2011-09-04 05:58pm

This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.


This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!

JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker
Posts: 1979
Joined: 2004-06-12 03:09am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby JointStrikeFighter » 2011-09-04 06:15pm

Why don't you call the health department?


User avatar
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 9440
Joined: 2008-10-15 01:37am

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby The Romulan Republic » 2011-09-04 06:18pm

Isolder74 wrote:This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.


This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.


Once, maybe twice at the same location and I'd never go back. How you'd go back after two times...

And yes, you should report them.

User avatar
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes
Posts: 6646
Joined: 2002-07-10 01:16am
Location: Weber State of Construction University
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Isolder74 » 2011-09-04 06:41pm

I did say I was in a hurry.

I don't get to work via a car and it's the only place nearby where I work that I could get to at the time. Next time I'll walk the 2 blocks to go somewhere else and then ride the bus home.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!

User avatar
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 12924
Joined: 2003-11-10 12:36am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Stofsk » 2011-09-04 06:47pm

Maybe you should consider packing yourself a lunch instead from now on. You'll end up saving more money and you have full knowledge and control of what you put in the sandwich or salad.

In the meantime, I do suggest calling it in to whoever's in charge of regulating restaurant outlets where you are. Food contamination/poisoning in the worst case can hospitalise and even kill people.

EDIT: out of interest, why didn't you complain upon discovering the contents of your meal to have been undercooked? You were right there and you could have pointed it out to the people in charge.
Image

User avatar
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes
Posts: 6646
Joined: 2002-07-10 01:16am
Location: Weber State of Construction University
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Isolder74 » 2011-09-04 06:54pm

I didn't realize it until I was where I was going and halfway through eating it.

Edit: I usually do make my own lunch with home made bread but I'd just run out the day before.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!

User avatar
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Posts: 10708
Joined: 2005-06-09 09:56pm
Location: HANGIN' WITH THE MAN IN BLACK

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Flagg » 2011-09-04 10:44pm

Stark wrote:Why do you keep eating there if the food makes you sick?


Because he's a moron, stark. A moron.
ImageImage
If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.
-Darth Nostril on Conspiracy Nuts

User avatar
Stark
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 36169
Joined: 2002-07-03 09:56pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Stark » 2011-09-04 10:47pm

I know America is kind of a shit place when it comes to consumer protection, but undercooked chicken is pretty serious and easy to detect. Why complain to the store when you can just call the relevant authority and get them inspected?

User avatar
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Posts: 10708
Joined: 2005-06-09 09:56pm
Location: HANGIN' WITH THE MAN IN BLACK

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Flagg » 2011-09-04 11:00pm

Stark wrote:I know America is kind of a shit place when it comes to consumer protection, but undercooked chicken is pretty serious and easy to detect. Why complain to the store when you can just call the relevant authority and get them inspected?

Laziness? I mean he's dumb enough to eat at a place that's served him raw food twice before this latest incident, so laziness seems likely as well.
ImageImage
If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.
-Darth Nostril on Conspiracy Nuts

User avatar
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.
Posts: 3897
Joined: 2002-12-24 03:11pm
Location: Burlington, Canada

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby SCRawl » 2011-09-04 11:54pm

As someone with experience in a kitchen you know that this isn't just a matter of customer dissatisfaction, it's a public health issue. I think that you need to make a call to someone in higher authority than the Burger King assistant manager.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.

User avatar
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
Posts: 22313
Joined: 2002-07-03 06:16pm
Location: New York, the Fuck You State
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Dalton » 2011-09-05 12:52am

Flagg, Stark, shut the fuck up.
Image
Image
To Absent Friends
Rob Dalton | Admin Smash | SG-14: Gotta Blow Something Up | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

User avatar
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2399
Joined: 2002-09-20 11:15am

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Spoonist » 2011-09-05 03:22am

SCRawl wrote:As someone with experience in a kitchen you know that this isn't just a matter of customer dissatisfaction, it's a public health issue. I think that you need to make a call to someone in higher authority than the Burger King assistant manager.

Agreed. If you are in a situation like this, take pictures - lots of them - of the foodstuff. I'd take some of the staff as well, but if you are in the US that might not be wise.
Then I'd contact the health inspection and the BK central office. If the franchise central office doesn't respond I'd put those pictures on the internet.

User avatar
spooky spice
Redshirt
Posts: 39
Joined: 2011-08-04 01:55pm
Location: nowhere

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby spooky spice » 2011-09-05 05:45am

Flagg wrote:
Stark wrote:Why do you keep eating there if the food makes you sick?


Because he's a moron, stark. A moron.


Isolder74 wrote:This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it.


RTFPP
"Did I not just us the word 'puzzling'?"

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 4651
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Raw Shark » 2011-09-06 07:10pm

Isolder74 wrote:This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.

This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.


You may benefit if you go to the doctor and get an official diagnosis on the record while you're still sick, after you report this to the Board of Health (which you really should do, because other people might get poisoned, also). It may seem expensive, but it could save you a lot of money in the long run if the illness spirals way out of control and you wind up in a legal battle with a gigantic corporation over medical bills. Good luck!

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!
Posts: 11182
Joined: 2002-09-20 05:25am
Location: Mars, where I am a totally bitchin' rockstar.

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Darth Fanboy » 2011-09-06 11:13pm

spooky spice wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Stark wrote:Why do you keep eating there if the food makes you sick?


Because he's a moron, stark. A moron.


Isolder74 wrote:This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it.


RTFPP


But not the first time he's eaten improperly prepared food from there that could potentially sicken him. But then again what would I know? I only read the post.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.

User avatar
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes
Posts: 6646
Joined: 2002-07-10 01:16am
Location: Weber State of Construction University
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby Isolder74 » 2011-09-06 11:26pm

Darth Fanboy wrote:But not the first time he's eaten improperly prepared food from there that could potentially sicken him. But then again what would I know? I only read the post.


Did I say what I'd gotten that was undercooked. No? why? I didn't think it was relevant. The times before it was just the fries and not the meat.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB
Posts: 19195
Joined: 2002-07-28 12:30pm
Contact:

Re: I was given a only half cooked chicken sandwich.

Postby weemadando » 2011-09-07 02:28am

No, you never mentioned any other issues except for undercooked chicken. Which you say has happened twice before.

Poor writing on your part. Not poor interpretation.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests