Fantasy/Sci-Fi Movie Quote Game

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

StarSword
Jedi Knight

Fantasy/Sci-Fi Movie Quote Game

Post by StarSword »

Over on DeviantART.com, I'm a member of a user group called "Realm-of-Fantasy". Last year one of the moderators started a game in the group blog where members tried to guess which movie other members' quotes came from.

I was sad to see that the quote game has fallen by the wayside, and I wanted to try starting it here.

The rules of the game are similar to the original:
alltheoriginalnames wrote:How to Play...

One person will come up with quote from a Fantasy/Sci-fi Movie. Reply to the message and guess which movie the quote is from, if you are the first correct guess then you get to go next. Wait until you are told that it is the correct answer before you go. Start a new message for your quotes, and guesses in replies.

You have to be the first person to guess a quote correctly, and be told that you are correct before you can give a new quote. If someone guess the correct movie from your quote, tell them they are right and that it is now their turn.

Quotes must be from a know Fantasy/Sci-fi Movie

Please no talking on this blog accept for quotes and guesses. Please put My Quote then put " " before and after your quote.

And don't cheat, don't look it up. You have to guess fairly ;)

Have fun :D
A couple modifications to the original rules are required:
  1. Individual movies can be reused as many times as people can think up quotes from them, but quotes cannot be reused.
  2. As this is a BBS instead of a comment/reply structure, use quote tags to show which quote you're replying to. As an example:
    • I say: "Chewie, lock in the auxiliary power!"
    • Somebody else answers:
      StarSword wrote:"Chewie, lock in the auxiliary power!"
      "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope".
    • I say: Good job, your turn.
So, to start us off, My Quote:

"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Movie Quote Game

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

StarSword wrote:"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Ugh, Star Trek: Nemesis.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
StarSword wrote:"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Weekend at Bernies II: The Wrath of Bernie.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:
Good job.

I actually didn't like the movie itself much either, but there were some good lines in it.

Your turn, EF.
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

"I mean I may not be the swiftest guy in the world even when I’m not hung-over but I do seem to remember a process whereby you people ask me questions and I give you answers, I ask you questions and you give me answers and that’s how we find out things. I think I read that in a manual somewhere."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:"I mean I may not be the swiftest guy in the world even when I’m not hung-over but I do seem to remember a process whereby you people ask me questions and I give you answers, I ask you questions and you give me answers and that’s how we find out things. I think I read that in a manual somewhere."
Floyd to the Russians in 2010?
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Bingo. You're turn Darth.

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

"The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realised I didn't hate the cabinet door. I hated my life."
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Darth Tedious wrote:"The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realised I didn't hate the cabinet door. I hated my life."
A scanner darkly? I think?
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Indeed it is. Over to you, barnest2.

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. "
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

barnest2 wrote:"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. "

Starship Troopers.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Oh, snap, I watched that this evening and was coming to post it. Damn.

HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Crazedwraith wrote: Starship Troopers.
Well done. Go ahead.

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

"Aren't you relieved to know you're not a golem?"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Stranger than Fiction
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Correct
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"I told you, I want to save it for a surprise. Hey, are you the type of kid that reads the last page of a mystery first? Who pesters the magician to tell you his tricks? Who sneaks down stairs to peek at his Christmas presents? NO, of course you're not. That's why I'm not gonna tell you."
born in shadow
Youngling

Post by born in shadow »

FaxModem1 wrote:"I told you, I want to save it for a surprise. Hey, are you the type of kid that reads the last page of a mystery first? Who pesters the magician to tell you his tricks? Who sneaks down stairs to peek at his Christmas presents? NO, of course you're not. That's why I'm not gonna tell you."
Would that be The Last Starfighter?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Correct, your turn.
born in shadow
Youngling

Post by born in shadow »

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"
CaiusWickersham
Padawan Learner

Post by CaiusWickersham »

The Thing.
born in shadow
Youngling

Post by born in shadow »

Good job Caius, your turn.
CaiusWickersham
Padawan Learner

Post by CaiusWickersham »

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."