Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Mission Complete)

Post by Majin Gojira »

Yes, it's not dead. A Graduate Paper really kicked my ass...in the last 2 months.

Partly because I did a Rhetorical Analysis of Character Design in Evangelion, and re watched the Entire Thing over the course of 2 days. Including Rebuild.

*twitch*

I love that series, but one/2 sittings for all of it is a bit...

Ow.

I mean, I did it my first time through, but still--ow!

I'm fighting as hard as I can to make sure that excess references to that series don't appear, but one was already planned.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover)

Post by Majin Gojira »

Gigan’s shriek grated against Harry’s ears. Harry had never before seen or dealt with a kaiju before and concluded one thing—they were loud. Some of the glass facing the monster cracked from the force of the noise alone. He caught a glimpse of a flying saucer with the face of a horned giant soaring up behind it before he heard Hellboy snarl loudly, “Okay, folks—it’s party time!”

Harry’s attention turned to the hallway and watched it fill with the Hellfrogs he saw before. The hail of bullets, lightning and quickly following them, his spells easily put the monsters down. Translucent green liquid burst from where the monsters were hit, quickly coating the walls and floor with the slime before Harry’s busts of flame vaporized the liquid, their ashes quickly replaced the substance which passed for blood in coating the hall.

Harry would have called it almost unfair—but playing fair more often than not got you killed.

The Hellfrog charge came to an end as abruptly as it began, leaving the hall thick with smoke.

From this smoke, a new figure strolled onto the battlefield. 4 more identical figures followed the first, joining it and standing in a “V” formation.

Harry spoke before he could properly analyze them, he blurted out: “Evil Power Rangers?”

Though they all wore the same color, their helmets had an animal motif to it that was not easily identifiable.

Harry turned to Buffy, “They weren’t in the briefing, were they?”

“No,” Buffy said, “They look like a new type of Kaijin.”

Hellboy scratched his chin, “Or could they be--”

“Well,” Dante said, “If these Emo-Rangers want to dance, I say we let them.”

Harry grumbled about the pretty boy’s use of his epithet, but it was soon drowned out as he and his lady friends opened fire.

Lightning and bullets flew towards the black figures—who stood there as though the torrent as a light breeze with some snow. Harry gave them a closer look and saw slight yellow rippling around the points of impact.

“Now, now,” A young voice echoed through the hall, “that won’t get you anywhere.”

From behind the Emo-Rangers a boy of about 14 years old from Harry’s guess stepped out. He was lightly built and dressed cleanly, though his hair was messy. Black pants and white shirt did little to hide the fact that the boy was almost an albino—white skin, gray hair and red eyes.

Harry was pretty sure this “Boy” wasn’t human. If he was one of the more advanced super soldiers, they wouldn’t last long.

“Besides, the reunion would be ruined if the Anubis Drones killed you all,” The boy continued.

Hellboy kept his gun aimed at the boy, “And who are you, Shorty?”

“Oh,” The boy smiled, “is that a question for the ages.”

“Are you sometimes a photographer,” Harry said, “sometimes a race driver and sometimes a nurse—because, I gotta tell you there’s these girls I’ve met in the last week who--”

“I’d like to think I’m a bit more grandiose than a Robot and a Fangirl,” the boy looked around at the architecture lazily, “Today I am Kaworu Nagisa. Before that, I was simply Him. Before that I was called Mephilas-seijin, Ryo Asuka, He Who Walks Behind the Light of His Soul---once people even called me Satan.”

Harry heard Michael’s gauntlet-protected fists clench around his sword.

He let that sink in before he continued, “Which is of course, ridiculous and insulting—being lumped in with those lesser beings….”

Harry was rather annoyed—if this thing was half the stuff it claimed to be, they were in deep trouble. But it was being so coy about its identity that he couldn’t be sure if it was telling the truth or just talking out its ass. It was pretty clear that this was one of the few extremely powerful entities that could lie.

“So why are you here?” Buffy asked the boy.

“A job’s a job,” Kaworu said, “But I’m choosing to interpret it in my own way. I’d rather not have these empty hulks tear through your defenses. What I intend to do here is something you would greatly appreciate. And, obviously, it can’t happen when you’re dead.

“So, I’m going to ask you nicely. Step aside and let me give you your surprise.”

“We do not make deals with devils,” Michael challenged, “especially not in a house of God!”

“May I ask a question?” The remaining Robot, Harry believed his name was Gesicht, asked, his P-90 remaining fixed on the enemies before them.

“I see no harm in it,” Kaworu answered.

“Is this objective,” he motioned slightly to the statue, “what Millennium ordered you to retrieve?”

Kaworu blinked, “Very perceptive. I assume you figured it out.”

“I have.”

“So is that a private conversation,” Harry asked, “Or can anyone join in?”

“Go ahead and tell them,” Kaworu said, “It doesn’t hurt me to let them know the truth, though I was hoping the fabled Anung Un Rama would already know.”

“Hey,” Hellboy spat, “Happy to disappoint.”

“It would appear that Millennium has hedged their bet. A few of the targets they are ostensibly here to capture are simply decoys meant to spread out our forces so that they can more easily claim their true objectives,” Gesicht said, “and this is one of those targets.”

“So this was a waste of time?” Dante sneered.

“For them, that is the plan,” Kaworu said, “They want War, first and foremost. Rather gaudy, actually. To be honest, I’m simply using their opportunity to take care of my own agenda. Your intelligence was right on the target—but it is what I want, not what The Major wants.”

Kaworu tilted his said to the side, “come to think of it, some of you shouldn’t be too adverse to what I aim to do.”

“You wish to release a powerful demon from its imprisonment,” Gesicht said, “there are few situations where that would be a positive outcome.”

“Tell me, do you know the name of the demon imprisoned behind you?” Kaworu smirked.

“Don’t know,” Buffy said, “Don’t care. You’re pretentious. Are you going to kill us yet?”

Kaworu let out a small laugh, “If things go well, I won’t have to.”

“Which probably means the thing in the statue will do it,” Harry grumbled, “I hate cat-pawing.”

Kaworu didn’t answer.

“I really hate cat pawing,” Harry repeated as he raised his staff—

And was promptly bowled aside, along with the defensive wall they set up by a multi-layered translucent barrier with a color scheme similar to a light oil slick in water—a sickly rainbow of colors. The barriers stopped just short of the statuary, but knocked them all off their feet with one push.

With a wave of the hand, Kaworu said, “Leave us, Drones. Go terrorize the peons for a bit.”

The Drones turned and left without a single word as Harry and his allies slowly pulled themselves up.

“Inside that prison is the still living demon Amon Sparda, Dante. Your father,” Kaworu’s voice remained soft despite the intensity he put behind it, “Knowing that, do you still want to stop me?”

Kaworu did nothing more as chaos erupted around him. Though bullets, lightning blasts, spells and the occasional missile were all directed at Kaworu’s form, they all bounced off the strange shield.

“I never knew my father,” Dante barked, punctuating his words with bullets, “Don’t really want to know him either.”

“There’s a reason why I wished to talk you out of fighting me,” Kaworu sighed, “simply put, you have no chance of defeating me. And I do not wish to grievously harm any of you. But if I defend myself—”

A spear thrown by Buffy slammed into the field, holding for a moment before being blown to pieces.

“If you insist,” Kaworu resigned himself, raising one hand and a lightshown forth—but aimed not at Buffy. Instead it struck the blonde woman who came with Dante. She stopped dead, grabbed her head and screamed, falling into a fetal position as the light followed her.

That scream haunted the dreams of everyone who had them in the room for months to come.

Dante, Hellboy Michael and the woman in fatigues rushed Kaworu and began to hack away at the shield, with only Michael having any progress, Amoracchius deforming layer upon layer of the shield, but it remained standing as a whole. Buffy and Gesicht were about to join them when Harry grabbed their shoulders.

“I have something of a plan,” Harry said.

“Be quick,” Buffy snapped. Gesicht simply nodded.

“There’s a spell I recently learned that may be able to get past that shield,” Harry scowled, “But I need to do the full incantation to get it right. Could you cover me until then?”

“Wait a second,” Buffy said, “Who taught you this spell?”

Harry sighed, “Eiko Megami.”

“Figures,” Buffy replied, “She insisted I learn a pair of moves—but with that barrier up, they’re not much good. Let’s hope you can break it.”

“We’ll cover you,” Gesicht said and moved in front of him.

“Hopefully, those guys can keep him--” Buffy’s words were cut off as the field expanded and slammed the quartet of fighters against the wall, leaving imprints on their backs. Kaworu also let the light fade from his hand, allowing the blond woman to drop; her eyes open in a wholly unhealthy state—tear stains outlining her face. The quartet dropped with her, unmoving.

“Me and my big mouth,” Buffy sighed.

“I told you,” Kaworu said, “You have no chance of defeating me. Just let me pass.”

“Do you think you can grab Lady and run back here?” Gesicht asked the Slayer.

“I’ll have to dig deep into my bag of tricks, why?”

“I have a Zeronium shell in my left hand.”

“I should probably know what that is...”

“It is a refined form of Sakuradite that is a powerful explosive. It might damage the field he generates, not as much as Michael sword, sadly—but it would kill Lady and Michael if it struck him in the current configuration.”

Buffy gave a curt nod, and began to mumble, “Chi in the right hand, Magic in the left…”

A sound similar to muffled thunder hit Harry’s ears, but his concentration did not break. His mind focused, he began the spell:
Obscura praeter crepusculum.
Coccina praeter cruorem profluens.
Sepulta in flumine aevi.
In magno nomini tuo,
spondeo me in tenebris.
Nam quicumque aduersa,
Qui stultis,
sit nostra potestate cogi, i
ta ut omnes perdidit.
The ringing sound of Kaworu’s shield striking matter hit Harry’s ears as Buffy rolled out in front of Gesicht with the woman in fatigues, Lady, in tow and a cut over her eye, forcing it shut.

Gesicht did not wait for her even to slide to a halt before he lifted his hand and let forth a rocket—the explosion almost broke Harry’s concentration and clearly blew out the walls around the demon, and knocked Hellboy and Dante back towards the others, groaning from the explosion rousing them from the concussed state.

The smoke had barely cleared when Harry saw Kaworu’s outline and wasted no time, he completed the incantation: “Draco Tyrannicida!

The flash of green-white light nearly blinded Harry and his shield flickered in the wake of the heat produced as a scorching sound echoed in the remains of the hall.

When the light faded and the dust began to settle, there was nothing left before him. Everything the green-white light touched was reduced to rubble. He couldn’t tell how big the crater because of the smoke, but Harry was certain about one thing—Anderson was going to kill him

A deep, gravelly laugh interrupted his fretting, “Most amusing,” the voice said through the smoke, “I did not even consider you could get me to reveal my base form. You humans never cease to surprise me.”

The creature, he assumed it was Kaworu, was ugly. Not mind numbingly horrifying—inhuman to be sure, but just ugly. It had cat like ‘ears’ that were more tufts of flesh than true ears. Its blue eyes were thin pointed ovals held in an 'V' shape. The body was pear-shaped as well as the color and texture of tire rubber with about the same thickness. It had no mouth either, but a vertical stripe on which a light traveled up again and again in a steady pattern as it talked.

“You managed to touch me with your fire, wizard. You should be rewarded,” Kaworu raised his right arm up, fist clenched and slapped his left hand on his right elbow—a stream of lightning rocketed forth and struck Harry’s shield full on—which shattered it. Harry’s mind went fuzzy for a few moments as his body was blown aside. He was knocked aside into Buffy, bowling the smaller woman over. He glimpsed Gesicht in a similar predicament, blasted aside by the lightning, “but not today.”

Nothing stood between Kaworu and the statue as he casually strode up to it and caressed its check.

“Maybe this time,” he murmured before literally disappearing—blinking out of the scene. An evil, echoed laugh following his absence and faded.

“I guess that means we lost,” Buffy said as she picked herself and Harry off the ground.

The others followed, though Dante and the woman called Lady had to drag the blonde in the corset to the side—she had thankfully lost consciousness.

Michael readied his sword, pointing it to the statuary—though nothing happened for a few long seconds.

“All that for so he could cop a feel on a statue,” Hellboy scoffed.

“He probably infused it with his power to break the seal,” Harry corrected, “so let’s see what’s inside the piñata.”

The first cracks began to appear in the façade, followed by another and another—until the entire surface shattered and crumbled away, revealing a monster as much like a stereotypical devil as anything Harry had scene before—it was almost re-assuring. Though it was still quite different. It was more black and pale skin-tone than the classic red, which only brightly shown from the skin folds between its bat-like wings. It had hairy legs with claws like those of a bear on its feet. The tail was a classic demonic ‘arrow’ in shape. The hair on its head formed a shape reminiscent of a bat, with a wing protruding from either side, and two antennae sticking out from its forehead. Sharp claws, a mildly protruding jaw with sharp teeth rounded out his overall humanoid shape.

It looked up at the remaining defenders and screamed its roar before charging them, claws extended.
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2011-06-22 06:49pm, edited 4 times in total.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Kamikage
Youngling

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

Post by Kamikage »

I think the best summary for the end of this chapter (at this point in time) is "we are so doomed".
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

So Buffy knows Kankaho, Harry's learned the Dragon Slave, and Sparda is Devilman (which I should have remembered, really).

What he hell was that Kowaru transformed into?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

That? That's his true form. It's name is among those listed.

It's a monster on a level far beyond any of the assembled.
Browncoat

S J C
Redshirt

Post by S J C »

SAMAS wrote:So Buffy knows Kankaho, Harry's learned the Dragon Slave, and Sparda is Devilman (which I should have remembered, really).

What he hell was that Kowaru transformed into?
Mephilas Seijin

From Ultraman
Spidey3000
Redshirt

Post by Spidey3000 »

Awesome fic! Since this is my first post here, I'll have to cover my comments on the entire fic so far in one post.

1) THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!

2) HOLY SHIT! (apply once for each chapter)

3) Nanoha should really stay away from Wodan; that's twice that he's hurt her now.

4) HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS SO AWESOME! -head explodes-

Questions.

1) Will the Ori show up? Cause I want to see Alucard fight a friar.

2) If Ryo is Kaworu, does that make Shinji Akira?

3) Is Eiko fused with Lina in this fic?

4) How old are the Powerpuff Girls in this fic?

5) Is TTGL incorporated into this universe?

6) How long will it be before Popeye randomly shows up to kick Nazi ass?

Anyway, good work. I hope to read more soon.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Welcome to the board Spidey, glad you're liking it, just a note for the future that it's usually not a good thing to bring back threads that have been quiet for over a month. I'm fine with it in this case but it will get people mad if it's for much older quiet stories or threads in other forums.

That being said: Popeye kicking Nazi ass? Oh hell yeah. I'd donate some cans of spinach for that.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Spidey3000
Redshirt

Post by Spidey3000 »

Thanks.

I hope this fic continues. It got me reading Getter Robo.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Spidey3000 wrote: Questions.

1) Will the Ori show up? Cause I want to see Alucard fight a friar.
Considering that they just got through with Anubis, it's unlikely the Ori will show up just yet. Maybe for the sequel.
2) If Ryo is Kaworu, does that make Shinji Akira?
Actually, if you check the author's thread (and the previous story post), Akira is Sparda (Dante's Father)
3) Is Eiko fused with Lina in this fic?
No, she's talking about cosplaying as Lina.
4) How old are the Powerpuff Girls in this fic?
Probably between 14-16.
5) Is TTGL incorporated into this universe?
To a point. Spiral Power is mentioned, but the likelyhood of Simon or Kamina showing up is nil.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I've only recently read this fic and I like it. Though I'd love it if SA Superman gets resurrected and started kicking ass. :) That and\or have him team up with Hulk to do some major damage. lol.

Heck, it would be fun if even Green Lantern makes an appearance.

I may have missed it but no Sailor Moon? :)

What about G-force? (or whatever the name of the series was)

Shit, I'd probably go nuts (in a good way) if you used a few Bolos in the fic. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
S J C
Redshirt

Post by S J C »

Enigma wrote:I've only recently read this fic and I like it. Though I'd love it if SA Superman gets resurrected and started kicking ass. :) That and\or have him team up with Hulk to do some major damage. lol.

Heck, it would be fun if even Green Lantern makes an appearance.

What about G-force? (or whatever the name of the series was)

Shit, I'd probably go nuts (in a good way) if you used a few Bolos in the fic. :)
Well look back at Atlantis
“‘Nazis’ is not a term I recognize,” Diana answered, “My defensive capabilities are unreliable at the present. There are no Power Batteries or Rings to use. The Leviathan was destroyed decades. Furthermore, the Manhunter Dolems are in various stages of rampancy.”
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Enigma wrote:I've only recently read this fic and I like it. Though I'd love it if SA Superman gets resurrected and started kicking ass. :) That and\or have him team up with Hulk to do some major damage. lol.
He's not dead, actually. He's just crippled, retired and suffering radiation sickness.

And Hulk is currently alternating between Mr. Fix It and Green Scar, depending on when he is awake or asleep.
I originally had a concept for them, but jettisoned the concept as unworkable.

It involved the ancient celestial sky system and Miko.

And I generally avoid writing what I don't know well.

And I don't know Sailor Moon well enough.

Sorry for not getting a new chapter out in over a month. Courses have been writing and reading intensive this year.

Hopefully I'll have time at the end of the week.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Did the translation of SRWJ have anything to do with the delay? Also, is the Boss Borot in this or did Boss and his underlings die before the time of this fic?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Kamikage wrote:Did the translation of SRWJ have anything to do with the delay? Also, is the Boss Borot in this or did Boss and his underlings die before the time of this fic?
At first it did, but then the fact that I have read 2 books + 2-7 short stories a week for 5 weeks with approx. 4-6 pages of responses, original fiction + 2-4 short stories to provide editing and commentary...

Yeah, been a bit busy.

Boss is currently, is the Boss of Bosses of the Yakuza after the fall of O-Ren Ishii to the blade of the Bride.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

On the second part of the answer: Looks like Boss is finally getting some respect (shame about there being no comical but effective (in SRW terms) mecha attacks, though).
And on the first: You have every right to be busy with stuff other than this (this is for fun after all) but do try to at the very least torture us with hints while we're waiting (so that certain things don't happen again) now and then.
Hopefully (if there is a sequal) we can get Tekkaman Blade in this (it is ridiculously fun to use him in J).
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Okay I'll tease ;)

Look forward to in future installments:

Hellboy vs. Devilman!

Grendizer vs. Gigan!

Heterodyne!
Spoiler
Angel Heterodyne
And

Unexpected Aid!

And following that, outside of the Vatican we have: The Getter Team in Roanapur! Karrin Murphy in New York! and Godzilla Attacks Atlantis!
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Looking forward to Godzilla. Also, wondering which Rider system Kamen Rider Ichigo is using (If my guess is correct he's using the Kabuto system). Finally, trying to think of a finisher for Michael and wondering if the Combo skill would be in this if it were a game.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

It was a living nightmare. The devil ran towards Harry without stopping despite the best efforts of some of the most powerful monster hunters on earth. Buffy was the first to get in for an attack, only to be met with the creature’s open palm. If danced with a blue glow just moments before her clothes and hair burst into flames. The shock easily sent her reeling back and screaming.

Hellboy brought his massive stone first down to stop the demon, but beast not only dodged the blow, but grabbed Hellboy’s arm and using his momentum, tossed him into a wall in one fluid action.

Not even slowed down, the beast was next obstructed by a hail of bullets from Dante. In response, the antennae, which Harry thought were horns, turned and unleashed a blow bolt of light that struck the pretty boy full in the chest, Dante was knocked him off his feet and was left with a sizzling burn on his chest. The bolt quickly passed to Geisicht where the blast burned through the armor before lighting a small explosion like that of a decent-sized firework which bowled the robot over.

The woman called Lady thrust with the bayonet at the end of her rocket launcher, but the monster ducked aside, grabbed her by the head and tossed her. At Michael.

He had a choice: keep his sword up and impale the woman on it, or move it aside and try to catch her. Harry knew what he was going to do before he even did it. He didn’t drop the sword, but he still caught her and only suffered a minor stumble in doing so.

Just before the devil kicked them both in the gut and sent them flying back into a nearby wall just behind Harry.

Before he could form the spell, the devil was on him, holding him by the throat about a foot off the ground, the other hand kept a firm grip on his wrists.

Then the devil spoke.

After a moment, Harry believed it would be best if he responded somehow.

“Listen, Buddy,” Harry said, “I have no idea what you just said, and I’m sure as hell it wasn’t Latin or Italian. Can you do English?”

It snarled at him.

“I can do grunt, too” Harry said, “um... Urgh, Argh Grr?”

The devil’s face grew twisted, “Do not mock me!”

“Okay, good, talking, much better than ripping out my throat.”

‘Wizard, you will answer my questions clearly and distinctly, is that clear?”

“Okay, but you only get 20.”

The monster briefly squeezed his throat, sending Harry’s legs into reflexive kicks. None of which had any effect on the Devil. Harry's vision clouded and when the demon laxed his grips, little explosions of color took up obscuring his vision.

After it scanned the room quickly it asked.

“Where is this place?”

“Currently on loose theological grounds given that you haven’t burst into flames yet.”

It squeezed again, “I do not appreciate your jokes.”

The stars returned to remind Harry that some Loony Toons gags had a basis in reality.

“Ya know,” Harry said, “You’re not the first to say that.”

“Answer my question!”

“The Vatican!”

The creature paused.

“What year is it?”

“2005.”

The creature dropped him, leaving Harry to flop unserimoniously onto the hard floor.

“30 years…” the creature murmured and became lost in thought.

This was all the opening that was needed.

“Hey, Bat-head!” Hellboy’s gruff voice grabbed his attention long enough for said face to be overtaken by Hellboy’s stone right hand and knocked back the monster, "I don't appreciate dislocated shoulders." Hellboy rolled his right shoulder to the sound of a secondary pop. "Hurts like hell, ya know."

Before the devil could regain its footing, lightning coursed through the floor and up the devil’s body. It screamed at the top of its lungs, its body twisted in agony.

“I’m not down yet,” The attacker, Trish, coughed out as she leaned against the statuary.

“You’re outnumbered and outgunned,” Dante said, pointing his pistols at the devil, “so why don’t you just calm down a bit. Dad.”

On the other side of the Devil, Gesicht knelt next to a puddle of blood, holding his assault rifle in his remaining hand, while the stub where the Zeronium shell was kept was occupied with guarding the exposed circuitry of his chest. “You have lost the element of surprise, Amon Sparda. a.k.a. Devilman. a.k.a. Akira Fuudo. Please surrender.”

“‘Dad’?” Devilman sneered, “Don’t make me laugh. I have no son. Everything I ever cherished is dead and gone. All I want to know is one thing: Where is Ryou Asuka? Where is Mephistopheles?”

“He is not here,” Gesicht’s aim did not waver, “And from a cursory DNA analysis, I can conclude that this young man here is indeed related to you by blood. Most likely a son.”

The devil’s face became awash with confusion and anger, “You’re lying.”

“I am a robot,” Gesicht said, “who specializes in detective work. I can detect DNA samples at range and run minor tests to determine relations. Your DNA matches an earlier sample I acquired from Dante.”

In response to Dante’s confused look, “You shouldn’t have brushed you hair before we got started.”

“Gee,” Dante sneered, “Thanks Big Brother.”

The confusion and anger on the devil’s face grew and he looked away. Harry saw Buffy readying some attack but put a hand on her shoulder. Mostly, it was to steady himself as he got back up after being held in by the neck by an extremely powerful demon for so long. It also severed to hold her back as she gathered both Magic and Ki into her hands for God knows what sort of attack.

Harry felt rather sorry for the monster. Learning you’re a father and that you basically missed out of it entirely would be rough for anyone, even a beast like him. Harry watched to see how he handled it.

“Son or no,” Devilman scowled, “I won’t let anything stand in my way!”

“Coward,” Michael’s gritted his teeth.

Devilman snorted.

“You’d just throw your family aside like that?”

“Everything I ever cared about was torn apart by an angry mob,” Devilman barked, “I saw men rend each other limb from limb out of fear and hatred. I gave up everything for humanity, and not only did they betray the very ideals I fought for but they took away what I loved after I chose to fight for them!”

Devilman pointed a single finger at Michael, “I did not throw my family. My family was torn from me by you miserable humans. It is only for her memory that I did not kill you all when I was freed. Do not try to lecture me about cowardice. All I want now is to have Mephistopheles’ blood on my claws!”

With that, Devilman shot through the roof before anyone could act.

It was Dante who spoke up first as Lady went to rest a comforting hand on his shoulder: “Well that could have gone better.”

As he finished a giant metal fist slammed into a nearby wall, opening a massive passageway to the war outside they were missing.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Welcome to gnatville, fellas.

Nice update. Though it feels like you ended it just as things were getting good.

Spidey3000
Redshirt

Post by Spidey3000 »

Nice Chapter!

So I'm guessing in this universe, the ending of Devilman wasn't the end of the world as we know it? Or at least, it wasn't reduced to a post appocolyptic wasteland.

So...was Dante sired by Amon before Akira became Devilman?
npisd
Youngling

Post by npisd »

Really hoping this story hasn't been abandoned. It's gotten me to watch RahXephon, Diebuster, Gargoyles, and start the Dresden novels and Buffy.

The Letze Battalion story, or rather just the Vatican part, has kinda started to drag for me even if it is just the time between updates. Just knowing what's coming after: Hayate, Evangeline mopping the floor at Mahora-fest, Chao vs the Doctor (hopefully), and all the fun baddies out in space--Replicators, Borg, Daleks, Ba'al, Zentradi, Vajra, Uchukaiju--just make the wait between chapters that much longer.

What post is complete without idle ending speculation? Spoiler
Here's how I think the story ends. The Dark History is actually the Spiral Extermination System and the ultimate bad guy is the Anti-Spiral. If only because that means the final battle will be a desperate struggle against an infinitely powerful enemy at the edge of space and time with all of reality on the line. And everyone gets their own Tenga Toppa mechs. Just imagine this list:
Tenga Toppa RahXephon
Tenga Toppa White Devil
Tenga Toppa Warden
Tenga Toppa Slayer
Tenga Toppa Mazinger Z
Tenga Toppa Godzilla
Tenga Toppa Ala Alba
Tenga Toppa TARDIS
Tenga Toppa Prometheus
etc.
Also would totally not mind if 10th Doctor dies so we get 11th Doctor and his Fez/Stetson fascination.

Would also say that we need more Doctor, but then I'd have to admit we need more of every character. What we need then, is just more story.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

*sigh* A note for the future to please not revive threads that have been quiet for over a month without a really, really good reason. In Fics especially this leads to a lot of pissed off people who thought there was an update and got their hopes up before having them dashed, and that leads to internet rage.

Seriously, people, if you want to say something to the authors but the story thread has been quiet, send them a PM. There's no need to anger everybody and the author will still enjoy getting it.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

And I do check my PM's.

And It's not a dead story yet, darn it! I'm actually working on the fic as I type this.

That and I'm working on an orignal novel for Graduate School.

Yes, I finish working on that and then go "I'm tired of writing, I'll go write something else instead!"

Seriously.
Browncoat

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Beyond the metal fist, black and severed from one of the Nazi machines Harry thought, he could see the battle raging outside. Smoke rose from several buildings and the sound of firefights echoed through the streets. He could see in the darkness the black outlines of horn-eared mecha with single red eyes lay strewn about, damaged and smoking.

In the distance, standing over the buildings were two huge silhouettes, one towered of the buildings. The other towered over the firsts.

Next to Harry stood the remains of the once mighty fighting force, none of them looked too good. Dragon Slave took a lot of juice, but he could still stand at least. Dante and Lady were helping Trish along. Whatever that monster had done to her was pretty bad, that much he could tell with just a glance. Hellboy was bleeding from the lip and had a few bruises about, but moved like it was nothing. Buffy had similar scuffs and scrapes, but grimaced a bit. Gesicht was pretty banged up and missing a hand, but didn’t show any problems in his moves. Michael was probably the best off of the group. A few scrapes, but he still held himself strongly.

Harry didn’t know how he did it.

A hissing sound grabbed Harry’s attention. Steam rose from the exhaust of a rose-colored, crude machine with angelic white wings.

My goodness,” a light, feminine voice that echoed with a tinny din from inside the machine, “Are you all alright?”

“Mother Heather?” Harry heard Buffy murmur.

“Yes dear,” She answered, “Are you all alright?”

“Our fighting strength is effectively halved,” Gesicht said.

“Oh dear,” She sighed, “And the relic?”

“Good news or bad news?” Buffy said.

Mother Heather said nothing.

“Well, they got it and released the demon inside, but it won’t be furthering their plans other than keeping us busy.” She said.

“The minions of Satan never were much for teamwork,” Mother Heather relaxed, her machine echoing her vocal relief, “Still a loss, but one that could have been worse.”

Harry maintained his frown, “It helps that this entire battle is, to them, a distraction from their main targets. I’m guessing that they only need to really get three of them.”

“Three?” Dante turned to Harry.

“Rule of Three,” Harry scratched the bottom of his chin, “one of the more powerful numbers in magic.”

“Hey,” Buffy said, “didn’t their use to be some witches in San Francisco who used that power to their advantage?”

“Yeah,” Hellboy, “the Svear. Wish they were still around.”

“What happened?” Dante asked.

“Ax murdered just before that partial blotting out of the sun over L.A. back in … well, back in ’03,” Hellboy said, “Nice ladies too.”

“Well,” Mother Heather said, “On our end we’re not much better. We’ve--"

Heather's machine suddenly jerked up, aimed the massive gatling gun in its hands at a shadow in the distance and opened fire. Harry took note to the cross-like top given to the weapon, and watched as one of the black clad horrors of Millenium jerked and fell as the bullets tore into him.

Smoke rose from the slowly spinning barrels.

"We've by and large beaten them back," Mother Heather continued, "but that giant monster, Gigan, is just too much for what we have left.”

Harry felt several sets of eyes turn to him, "What?"

Hellboy said, "Can you do that thing again?"

“Okay, I got maybe one more hit like that in me, but I think I’ll pass out if I do it,” Harry rubbed the back of his head.

“Eiko taught me a few tricks too,” Buffy added, “Might get enough build time to actually pull it off in battle this time.”

Lady just tapped her rocket launcher.

“That’s not going to be enough firepower to damage it significantly,” Gesicht said.

“And if I hit the eye?” She countered.

Gesicht blinked deliberately, Harry figured he was crunching the numbers, “distraction for approximately 15 seconds.”

“Better than nothing,” She hoisted the tube to her shoulder.

“I’ll support you, Mr. Dresden,” Mother Heater smiled serenely, “I still have some of the power the Lord has granted me in reserve. I will gladly share it with you."

"Um," Harry said, "Thanks."

Mother heather turned to the others, "The rest of you, if you please, ensure that we aren’t disturbed. There may still be a few of the black warriors about.”

The machine hissed and opened, the entire front part of the machine rising up and revealing the frail woman inside it. Instinctively, Harry moved to help her out, which she accepted with a warm chuckled.

“My son, I’m coming out to help you

“Doesn’t mean I shouldn’t return the favor.”

Mother Heather's smile remained peaceful but color moved to her checks and it gained a girlish flair as he helped her down, “Haven’t had someone do that since Ichiro back in my younger days.”

Harry pondered the name for a moment, but had more pressing matters to deal with.

“I’ll start up, since I have the largest build up time.”

Buffy and Lady nodded.

Harry poured his focus into the spell once again, but out of the corners of his eyes, he could not help but notice two things.

The first was Mother Heather glowing with large, white wings sprouting from her back as she lent him power, which seeped into him like a warm summer’s breeze.

The second was Ms. Summers' incantation. He watched as energy gathered in the palm of her hands: one red, the other blue. She brought her hands together in an “x” like formation and brought both spheres to her right hand. She leaned back as the spheres began to lose their stability.

Harry took that as his cue.

Draco Tyrannicida!” he roared, followed closely by Buffy’s own cry: “CROSS SMASHER!

The two spheres swirled together, forming a maypole of magic and ki which struck the giant just below the eye. Harry’s own spell engulfed the monster’s entire head just after Lady’s rocket shell connected with the eye.

Gigan shrieked and fell to his side, collapsing several small buildings as he did, the lens over its eye shattered to nothingness, revealing the red, camera-like iris beneath.

{{Battle Mastery Earned}}

Gigan fixed his gaze on Grendizer and a red beam lanced form the lens, burning into the robot’s armor.

The space-born mecha fell to its knee as Gigan pointed its two hooked arms at Grendizer. Two small spikes on either side of the massive scythes that formed Gigan’s hand launched forward, drawing massive chains behind them. The first set wrapped around Grendizer’s upper arm. The second lassoed Grendizer’s neck, locking on their targets.

Gigan shrieked in victory and the spikes along the belly of the beast began to rotate, revealing their true function: a rotary saw.

The chains began to shrink, drawing Grendizer towards the saw link by link.

Harry now noticed the many nicks and gashes worn into the adamantine hide of Grendizer. The robot was on the ropes when a voice echoed over the rubble filled canyons of the city.

Hey, Cyber-Chicken,” The voice belonged to Dante, who stood on the chains connecting the monster to the robot, “Ever hear of Polyphemus?”

Dante drew his guns and ran along the chain, firing at the monster’s face—just before the red beam lanced out to strike him. With a smooth back flip, Dante vaulted the beam. Dante smiled, “So you can understand us. But can you understand a fake out?”

Still in the air, Dante holstered his pistols and drew the broadsword strapped to his back with equal fluidity, just before his entire body shifted into something more demonic and fiery. But at that distance, Harry couldn’t make out its features, though it did remind him slightly of the monster from the statue.

“Too easy,” Dante murmured as he brought his sword down on the red-hot chain links. His blade dug into the metal, but did not pass through it, to Dante’s surprise.

Equally surprising were the two other blades that pushed down on his sword, “I thought you were the son of Sparda,” Anderson sneered, “Not the son of a fairy princess.”

Dante's smirk returned, "Bibbity-Bobbity-boo."

With a roar, the two warriors poured all their might into their blades and sliced open the chain link, which quickly snapped under the strain Grendizer put on it.

Duke Fleed began to flick controls inside Grendizer, and took the opportunity when he saw it.

“Screw Pressure Punch!” Duke yelled, pointing both fists at Gigan, which had jagged edges flip up and cover both sides.

The flying fists bored into Gigan’s black hide, scrapping along the monsters sides and sending it to the ground before the fists swiftly returned to Grendizer’s arms.

Duke maneuvered the robot into a rapid roll and grabbed his lost harken blades, lost in the massive melee and sticking out of the ground like metallic tower. He stood up before the great Cyborg and raised the arms of his mighty robot:

“Anti-Gravity Storm!”

The white beam struck Gigan as he began to pull himself up and lifted the cyborg in the air. He then threw the harken blades with such force and spin that the blades became a spinning circular saw to almost all who could follow its movements. The blade raked against the Cyborg’s body as it flew by, and struck the opposite side with its razor’s edge as it returned to Grendizer’s massive hand. Gigan fell to earth with a thunderous impact, and did not get back up.

From Harry’s angle, he could see the head cleanly fall from the cyborg’s shoulders. Harry waited a moment, half expecting the monster to explode for some reason.

Michael grabbed his shoulders, causing him to jump a little, “Alright, Harry, can you tell them about the distractions?”

In all the excitement, Harry almost forgot about his realization. The sight of a giant robot—a real giant super robot—in battle with a monster was something his inner twelve year old that forced all of his attention to watch the battle. He wasn’t alone in his awe of the machines. Virtually everyone besides Michael and Gesicht had apparently been enraptured by the combat between the two behemoths.

Harry still had things to do.
Browncoat