Interest Check : Star Destroyer Pantheon (Gods) Role Play

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Interest Check : Star Destroyer Pantheon (Gods) Role Play

Post by Demiurgas »

So. . . STGOD. . . gave me the obvious idea of trying to host an actual "God" (As in Deity) role play. All participants would put themselves in the role as deities with specific powers related to a topic of their choosing in character creation. Some overlap of portfolios (the topics I mentioned earlier) are permissable. For instance, Ares was a god of war, just like Athena. There would be different ways of raising the power of these player controlled gods. For example, you could take animal/human sacrifice, worship, or even soul theft, life force feeding/etcetera, to slowly grow in your personal powers. You could even create something more akin to a titan, demon or perhaps dragon than an anthropomorphic god, instead.

Power Levels of the Deities: Let's discuss this a little. I really want us to be the very pinnacle of power. . . and yet I want us to grow. Therefore I've given a little thought into what constitutes "powerful" for us. Let's say that Mr. Weiner, a Minor god, is the god of hotdogs. He would have a Power Level of 0, as opposed to non-immortal mundane people, who have no Power Level whatsoever. By comparison, Hercules, an ascended god, would have a Power Level of 6. Each Power Level makes Hercules twice as powerful as before. Therefore, Hercules is as powerful as 64 Mr. Weiners. Zeus, the most powerful of the "mundane" deities, has a Power Level of 11. The Power Levels may extend even further beyond Zeus'es, however, it should be noted that inbetween Power Levels, there is a half way point, which is called a Threshold. Thresholds distinguish how powerful deities are with the same Power Level. For instant, someone who has reached 75% of Power Level 4 is more powerful than a god who has just reached Power Level 3.

Here is a list of Portfolios for players to choose from (Though portfolios are not limited to these)=

(Any specific school of magic. You cannot choose "magic" because that's too broad of a portfolio)
Love
Healing
Beauty
Fire
Earth
Wind
Water
Animals
Plants
Knowledge (As in logic, reason, sophistication, education, learning and study)
Wisdom (Perhaps cunning, foreknowledge, common sense, empathy, and discipline)
War
Lightning

Character Creation:
Name:
God of: (There are three points to be used in order to put into Portfolios. If you want three Portfolios, for example, you must buy them with 1 point each. If you want one, then you'd put all three points into one Portfolio to make yourself even stronger with that portfolio)
History: (Life before godhood)
Appearance:

It should be noted that the role play takes place during a time that interested players voted from.

Would you choose creating a world of your own, and thus start in Primeval times, with Cavemen and dinosaurs?

What starting in the Bronze Age?

The Iron Age?

Hell, any age from Prehistoric Ages to futuristic Ages? (I'm hoping we would choose 2060-2200 myself.)
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Re: Interest Check : Star Destroyer Pantheon (Gods) Role Pla

Post by Master_Baerne »

This sounds pretty interesting, actually.

I declare myself Darwinius, God of Evolution.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Master_Baerne wrote:This sounds pretty interesting, actually.

I declare myself Darwinius, God of Evolution.
I'm glad to have found a player. Or interested party, nonetheless.

What's your appearance and your history?
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

It sounds like an intriguing idea, but I think you have the unfortunate timing to mention this in the middle of a rather popular STGOD. I think you should bring it up again when SDNW4 is winding down or has reached a conclusion before broaching this again, as I think most of the board that is going to play in an STGOD is already involved with SDNW4 at the moment
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

What Akhlut said. I got so caught up in SDNW4 that I forgot about this. Sorry...
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Akhlut wrote:It sounds like an intriguing idea, but I think you have the unfortunate timing to mention this in the middle of a rather popular STGOD. I think you should bring it up again when SDNW4 is winding down or has reached a conclusion before broaching this again, as I think most of the board that is going to play in an STGOD is already involved with SDNW4 at the moment
I'll keep a close eye on it, but I'd be grateful if I could get a heads up on when it starts to slow down and come to a finish.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Yeah I am in the same boat. I am looking forward to SDNW5 Before I would do anything else.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Yeah I am in the same boat. I am looking forward to SDNW5 Before I would do anything else.
How would you guys see the game developing? Maybe by the time that SWGOD 4 is over I can have the idea for this more developed and ready to go.
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

I could help play now, actually.

I declare myself Rimn, Lord of Fire!

I'd vote start a new world, so we can have magic from the beggining. Think of it as sort of SDNW with a much longer timescale and us as gods, not nations.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

The current STGOD seems to being very very strong. Also the on your proposing, we would have to create a whole ne world for it. The last time we tried to do a fantasy based STGOD it didn't last to long, and that was using Earth as a template.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

The current STGOD seems to being very very strong. Also the on your proposing, we would have to create a whole ne world for it. The last time we tried to do a fantasy based STGOD it didn't last to long, and that was using Earth as a template.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!