The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Zeond
Youngling

Re: The bargain bin - steam, electronics etc.

Post by Zeond »

If you're going to get SH3 then the Grey Wolves 3.0 expansion is a must. GWX 3 is a massive fan made mod which makes SH3 miles better than vanilla. Another useful mod is SH3 commander which is a profile manager which also adds more options to the game. SH3 Commander is compatible with GWX 3 with minor tweaking.

Links:
GWX 3
SH3 Commander
Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy
55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Wedge
Padawan Learner

Post by Wedge »

adam_grif wrote:Deus Ex complete pack is 2.99, amongst other awesome deals.

I'm going to pick up Deus Ex pack and Arkham Asylum for 15 bucks.
So, did you buy Batman A.A. for 15 bucks or did you wait and got it for half the price at the superdiscount yesterday?

As for today's offers, second chance on getting Mass Effect 2, I definitely recommend it. Do yourself a favour and get it.

Would some charitable soul in the spririt of x-mas gift me Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I would pay in advance?

Has somebody played Darksiders? Do you recommend it? Would like to hear some feedback on this one.
"Who controls the past controls the future who controls the present controls the past" - George Orwell - 1984

"One must always make an argument that is convincing, but never necessarily satisfying (or, in most cases, even logical)." - Axis Kast
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Darksiders is worth the price on the deal. It's cheaper than renting it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

So, did you buy Batman A.A. for 15 bucks or did you wait and got it for half the price at the superdiscount yesterday?
I picked up AA before you had responded to my post for 15. I don't really care though tbh, it was still a steal even at that price.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

Zeond wrote:If you're going to get SH3 then the Grey Wolves 3.0 expansion is a must. GWX 3 is a massive fan made mod which makes SH3 miles better than vanilla. Another useful mod is SH3 commander which is a profile manager which also adds more options to the game. SH3 Commander is compatible with GWX 3 with minor tweaking.

Links:
GWX 3
SH3 Commander
I haven't gotten the mods yet but holy crap the standalone game is addicting. I figured out how to track ships using my hydrophone (Playing on "realistic" mode here). It took me awhile and it takes a long time to track even just one ship but it is very rewarding to blow them up. :D
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

You can get Crysis + Crysis Warhead for $10 today on Steam. It's not the machine-breaking game it used to be considering my laptop can run it full screen, so if you couldn't play it the first time it might be worth checking out. :)
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Crysis + Warhead is 7.50 from Australialand. I just picked it up along with the Indie Mix Pack and Indie Future Pack (I only wanted Uplink and DEFCON, but it was the same price to get 4 other games with them, so...) for 5 dollars each.

Got 7.50 left on my Steam Wallet, gonna make it count.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Hegemony: Philip of Macedon is on sale today for $3

Rock Paper Shotgun talks about it.

For $3 I think you could do a lot worse today.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Shatter looks halfway interesting and for $2.50 isn't too expensive. There's always Oblivion GOTY at $10 if you're really jonesing for something.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Shatter is pretty fun and definitely worth 2.50.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Last of my Steam Wallet went to Amnesia when it was on sale for 6.80 yesterday. Hopefully nothing else I really want comes up in the last 2 days :)

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

If you have the stomach to shop from Walmart, you can pick up Metro 2033 for $20. If it were any other store I'd jump on this deal but it's not quite enough to get me to overcome my hatred of Walmart.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Whiplash's hijack split to testing. Continue - on topic, please.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

The bundle of Stalker and Call of Pripyat is £3. At that price its an essential purchase.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Final day of sales, it's a recap.

Stalker bundle is 5 bucks, GTAIV collection is 10, Dead Space is 5.10.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

adam_grif wrote:Final day of sales, it's a recap.

Stalker bundle is 5 bucks, GTAIV collection is 10, Dead Space is 5.10.
Mafia 2 for $12.49 is probably the best recap deal on there.
High Flying Dwarf
Redshirt

Post by High Flying Dwarf »

weemadando wrote:Hegemony: Philip of Macedon is on sale today for $3

Rock Paper Shotgun talks about it.

For $3 I think you could do a lot worse today.
I've played a bit of it, feels a bit like a poor mans R:TW. I like the map though, if they had that in Rome it would be legendary
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

Not a game but some 3D animation software. messiahStudio is on offer for $10 (instead of $499) and the Pro version is $40 (instead of $1195).

What's the catch? It's a "pay now, get the program only when we reach our sales goal" promo.

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

Though, I have to say the prospect looks good for the goal being reached rather soonish. The progress bar on the site has more than doubled in the last two hours.
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Steam has the Command & Conquer Games at a steep 75% discount this weekend. I picked up C&C 4 and Red Alert 3 together for under $10. Not bad.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Falarica
Youngling

Post by Falarica »

Steam has Rome: Total War for £1.25 and more Total War offers 11-13th March.
Commence primary legislation!

If aliens every really tried to contact us it'd be through the internet. Then 4chan would probably scare them off.
Pintsize - Questionable Content
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

$10 off any Tigerdirect.com order by following these instructions.

Caveat: You have to Like them on facebook and sign up for their email list.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Dominus Atheos wrote:$10 off any Tigerdirect.com order by following these instructions.

Caveat: You have to Like them on facebook and sign up for their email list.
Going through TigerDirect's ordering process is like pulling teeth if you're buying anything remotely expensive, and that's if you're lucky. I'd suggest staying the fuck away from them.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

The Amazon Appstore for Android has been deployed today, and every day they offer a free paid app. Today it's Angry Birds Rio, exclusive to Amazon. More info and download here.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow