Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Mission Complete)

Post by SAMAS »

First of all, welcome back. I was starting to worry (or offer help).

Second, and most importantly: You sick, sick bastard! :mrgreen:
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

Hallelujah! An update!

So...when is the next battle? Will the next chapter be huge?
S J C
Redshirt

Post by S J C »

Interesting Signum + Harry. Paring in the works. Though I wonder what Susan and co will think.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

First of all, welcome back. I was starting to worry (or offer help).
Life happened.
Second, and most importantly: You sick, sick bastard! :mrgreen:
Mine is an evil laugh.
So...when is the next battle? Will the next chapter be huge?
The next battle is SO HUGE I had to split it into multiple different parts.

It helps that it's really 6+ battles in as many areas.
Interesting Signum + Harry. Paring in the works. Though I wonder what Susan and co will think.
There goes that evil laugh again.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

SAMAS, I kinda aped your Fate Testarossa sheet style for this, so I apologize if it offends.

Samus Aran (Chozo Power Suit)

Abilities:
Enhanced Human
Ace
Inertial Canceller
Support
Counter
Resentment (Ridley) or Shoot Down

Skills:
Vigor
Accel
Snipe
Pierce (Next attack ignores any intervening terrain that would normally impair attacks)
Scan
Fury

Attacks:
Attack (Melee)(Move) Samus physically assaults an enemy
Power Beam (Ranged)(Move) Samus fires a volley of shots from her Arm Cannon.
Charged Shot (Ranged) Samus builds up energy in her Arm Cannon and unleashes a massive burst.
Ice Beam (Ranged)(Move)(Ice) Samus fires a containment beam, dealing less damage, but slowing the enemies movement.
Super Missile (Ranged)(Move) Samus's Arm Cannon splits open at the tip, and she fires a highly damaging Missile at a target
Seeker Missile (Ranged)(MAP) Samus charges her cannon, then unleashes a wave of missiles that target the first 5 enemies in a cone.
Plasma Beam: Full Charge (Ranged)(MAP) After Charging her cannon to full power, this beam pierces all targets along a straight line
Shinespark (Melee)(Supreme) Samus takes a running start, then activates her booster module to become a streaking figure of plasma. She smashes bodily into a target in this state, causing massive damage.

This is a beginners attempt, after playing a good bit of SRW: OG on the GBA and playing the new Metroid.
I tried to Style her after Other M's version.

I got the Skills from a SRW Wiki and the Abilities are all taken from a listing doc I found on the Alpha's and Reverse Abilities list.
S J C
Redshirt

Post by S J C »

I wonder who Harry and the magical's will react when he founds out they meet Merlin the first one.
HasegawaRayven
Redshirt

Post by HasegawaRayven »

Anyone have suggestions for similar projects whilst waiting for this one to update?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Hey, stop getting my hopes up! :(

But how about a Fantasy-ish one? Maybe Zelda, Final Fantasy, Slayers, Nippon Ichi, and such.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I actually am toying with a Mid-low fantasy Side Story.

Primarily involving Avatar: The Last Airbender, Claymore and Fullmetal Alchemist amongst others I'm still deciding on.

Thank god for Dimensional bombs...Lets me bring in other cast members in from their home dimension to the newly constructed Hodgepodge. Like Ashley Williams, Harry Dresden, Hellboy and/or Buffy Summers.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of dimensional gates for those settings that may not mesh together as well. Or maybe something like the towers from the Final Fantasy Adventure/SaGa series.

Zelda can be mixed and matched between game and setting elements to fit any given Final Fantasy, and you can use the whole barrier thing from Slayers to keep it separate. But then, it's not like they aren't kinda Schitzo with the technology as it is.

And back to work with you! *whipcrack* :mrgreen:

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Or the Crossgates from Super Robot Wars Endless Frontier.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't write what I don't know.

I have yet to fully play (play enough of) or Watch:
Any incarnation of the Legend of Zelda
SaGa
Slayers (Yes, I've seen SOME, just not enough)

Further, of Final Fantasy, I've only played the GBA remake of 1.

I've also played Disgaea and watched the Anime thereof.

Dood.

As for getting to work, have at this tantalization:

Harry Dresden and Alexander Anderson.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

*salivates at the thought* Also what is the opinion of the church on Harry's (temporary) possesion of two the swords of the Cross?
Stuff happens, otherwise life would be dull.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Probably the same as in the Dresden Files.

At least officially. Iscarot, on the other hand, may feel differently. Then again, that may be why the meeting between those two will be so interesting.

As for the SaGa series (And I apologize, it's Final Fantasy Legend, not Adventure (which was the Secret Of Mana's predecessor)), I was only thinking of using the device: A tower that spirals high into the sky, that only the worthy or daring enter. At the top of the tower is the gateway to another world, itself with it's own tower. You can find a Let's Play of the game here.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'm not dead! The next installment is ready to go--just took a while to decide where and how.

It also features the most obscured crossover character yet. If you get who it is, you get a cookie!

I'll be posting it in a few--just got to do a few last minute checks to be sure it's clean.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

You had me worried for the last month. :D

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Seven is one of those numbers wizards like to remember. It sticks in the human brain because of the significance that number holds. That number has power wizards can use—Harry had used it in more complex summoning circles in the past.

Millennium were going to hit 7 different places of power around the world, ranging from the well protected to places only the mad would dare to tap.

Thanks to some extraction techniques which would send the White Council of Wizards on edge, the UN had the names of those locations: Roanapur, the modern day pirate haven; New York’s Gotham District, splashed with the blood of titans and gods; Atlantis, the Lost City; Vatican City, Catholicism’s center of power; Tokyo, one of the most unfortunate cities on the planet; Cardiff, home to a Time-Space Rift; and Kaspak, sometimes called Caprona, an island that was itself a sleeping Old One.

Places where White Council members tread carefully.

Harry had to admit that he was a little nervous. This was not helped by the local support brought in by the Vatican’s special Anti-Demonic forces known as Iscariot, nor the “Mercenaries” they brought along as well.

He actually felt rather safe with the hastily assembled ensemble he found himself with. Dubbed “The Irregulars” by that monstrous woman Eiko Megami (after her first suggestion “Londo Bell” had been outright rejected), Harry had to admit that all things considered, the group was rather odd—and that included the group Harry currently found himself surrounded by.

Thankfully, he knew a few of them. One was his good friend and repeatedly ally Michael Carpenter—knight of the cross and wielder of one of three holy swords which greatly evened the odds against even the most vile of supernatural horrors. A tall man with a muscular build, but still shorter than the lanky Dresden, his face was awash with small proto-wrinkles—of many laughs and many worries.

Buffy Summers, Willow and the Hellboy rounded out those he had met prior, though only the first two he knew well enough to give him comfort. They were dressed in a similar manner to what he had seen before, though this time Buffy held a rather odd ax-like weapon in her hands that almost radiated with power. Beyond that, the other members of the Irregulars brought here at behest of the U.N. were three robots—honest to god Robots. They inhabited human-like shells at the moment, but two of them would be switching out to stockier robotic frames when the fighting started.

He’d been assured that his “Hex Field” had been compensated for by the machines electromagnetic shielding—but Harry still worried a bit.

The robot nearest Harry was of average height, had blond hair, a rather large nose and was dressed in combat fatigues similar (but markedly different) to the ones he’d seen the other soldiers wear.

Next to him was Heracles, whose physique fit the title—tall and well built. His military-cut blond hair and blue eyes were a little off-putting having grown up with images of Hercules actually looking Greek. But, again, he was a robot. He could alter his appearance as he wished.

Which didn’t really explain Brando—a big guy to be sure and muscular, but built more like a barrel with brown hair, a darker complexion and flat nose. Shorter than the others, Harry looked at him and wondered why anyone would want to look like that if they had total control of their appearance as they did. Still, the air around the machine was more akin to Michael than either would care to admit.

Both robots were dressed in sweats. When the time came, they would upload themselves into their “War Bodies” designed by the UN for combat uses. The three had previously worked in the previous administration’s war in central Asia.

Despite its decisive brevity, soldiers were still stationed there to keep the peace and rebuild, but it was apparent to all that this was building into a quagmire.

Still, all of them were positively normal next to Daisuke Umon. His armor was a dark, multicolored ensemble that, aside from the helmet, only brought two words to his mind: Power Ranger.

Harry felt Michael Carpenter step in front of him before he saw the reason for the action:

“Are you Harry Dresden?” A powerful voice with a mild Irish accent struck Harry like a bolt, causing him to turn around to meet its owner.

The man before him was easily 7ft tall if he was an inch. Harry himself was no slouch in the height department, but he still felt dwarfed by the man. The fact that he had Michael Carpenter’s broad shoulders made him all the more intimidating.

Next to him was a stark contrast—a tiny, nun who looked to be in her 80s or 90s, moving with simple grace. Her face was worn with the wrinkles of many smiles, at the edges of the habit, Harry noticed the edges of scars—the kind of scars one only got in heavy combat where things didn't go your way.

“Yes,” Harry answered.

“Michael,” He said, turning to Harry’s friend, “It’s good to see you again.”

“Likewise, Alexander,” Michael answered with a slight tenseness in his voice, which brought Alex’s eyes into a narrow focus.

“No need to be like that, Michael,” Alexander said, “I just want to chat with… the wizard.”

Harry clearly picked up on the pause, as though he swallowed a curse or insult during it.

“Pardon my caution, Alex,” Michael answered, “But I’ll stay here.”

“Aye,” Alex said, “Your choice, then.”

The nun’s eyes narrowed.

Alex turned his eyes back to Harry, a scowl of suspicion overtaking his face, and his glasses quickly reflecting the lights around him, “I hear one of the Swords of the Cross was bequeathed to you. Fidelacchius, if I'm not mistaken.”

“I don’t pay attention to rumors much,” Harry answered, averting his gaze from the giant.

“If Shiro Yoshimo did indeed leave it in your custody, you must have made a good impression on him. He was an excellent judge of character,” his smile faded as he added, “and he is greatly missed.”

Before Harry realized it, he had been backed into a wall by the man, “Of course, if you fail to live up to his judgment and the sword falls into the hands of Satan’s ass-wipers, I’ll have to lop off your head for betraying his trust.”

The man’s smile returned, but it was equal parts cheer and threat, as though he had just said a friendly “hello” to him.

"Does that come with a silver platter?" Harry said, "I assume we're going to be Catholic about it, so might as well go all the way."

Anderson smile disappeared and a growl slowly crawled out of his throat, but before another word could pass between them--the Nun's voice cut through them.

“Alexander Anderson,” She said. Her voice that was both quiet and powerful at the same time, “That is quite enough. These are our allies in this battle.”

“Aye, Mother Heather,” Anderson backed away casually from the wizard and the knight and walked towards the Nun, with whom he had a brief, but quiet conversation.

Harry released the breath he did not know he was holding and noticed Michael release the hilt of his sword—which Harry noticed he had been clutching the entire time.

“Michael,” Harry breathed, only a few entities had shaken Harry quite like that—not quite Fairy Queen level shaking, but still a decent jostle, “Who or what the hell is that asshole?”

“Harry, we’re in the Vatican, please watch your language.”

“Right, whatever,” Harry grumbled, “So who is he?”

“Alexander Anderson,” Michael Carpenter answered, “The Vatican’s #1 monster slayer.”

“I thought that was you.”

“It’s not a contest, Harry,” Michael smiled. He was about to say more when a new voice cut in.

“He’s certainly restraining himself today,” a white haired pretty boy in a red leather duster walked up to the two Americans as he interrupted, “usually, he’s all: ‘Executioner Anderson’, ‘Bayonet Anderson’ or ‘Off with its Head Anderson’ when I’m around at least.”

“Are those seriously his nick names?” Harry asked Michael, who only gave a nod.

Inwardly, Harry thought of all the people who he had seen with titles, epithets or nicknames before blurting out, “I guess if I had his PR agent, you’d be calling me ‘Dino Rider Dresden’.”

“Or ‘Burns it Down Dresden’” a white haired pretty boy said as he approached the group, “From what I hear at least.”

“So who are you, exactly?” Harry asked, not really liking the look of that guy—he was far too pretty for his liking and reminded him just a bit of his incubus half-brother Thomas. He was athletic like a runner or a swimmer, but definitely showed signs of strength in his shoulders. His red leather coat was a complemented by a similar vest and pants.

But what really ticked Harry off was the two women on either side of him. They weren’t draped over him or otherwise indicating that they were with him, but they followed him and were incredibly hot. Simple jealousies are simple.

The first woman had short, cropped black hair and wore similar military fatigues to the other soldiers, but was nonetheless very distinct. Her mismatching eyes had that effect. The small scar over her nose did nothing to distract from her beauty—and then there was her primary weapon—which looked like a bazooka with a large bayonet on the end of it.

This struck Harry as all sorts of wrong, as well as deeply stupid.

The other woman, a curvy blonde, was dressed far less practically. Leather pants did not make good combat wear, though Harry couldn’t tell leather from pleather from vinyl in the clothes department, so he was just making a guess. Her top was basically a corset for all intents and purposes—a sleeveless, shoulder-less corset. His Wizard senses definitely tingled around the blonde woman and the pretty boy.

“Dante,” The pretty boy answered, “Demon hunter. The Vatican outsourced to a few independent agencies for this party.”

“Great," Harry grumbled, his dislike for Pretty Boy growing by the minute.

“The Vatican does this from time to time,” Michael answered, “Training its Iscariot members is a long, difficult process. To be honest, the Knights of the Cross technically are independent contractors.”

Harry mused that the nature of the Holy Swords would preclude such training for the most part.

“Alright, now that everyone is here,” Mother Heather said at the conclusion of her conversation with Anderson with a quiet force that brought the room to silence, “I can brief you on why the Irregular and special contractors have been brought here. We’re very lucky here, in that our prayers have given the identity of what millennium wants from this place.”

She motioned to a statue the archangel Michael carved from the finest marble, standing in full glory.

“The demon Samael has been released from its prison by the enemies we are preparing to face. Here we have another such demon that we believe they will also try to release.”

“This demon got a name?” Buffy asked with a shrug.

“Unfortunately, he has several,” Mother Heather said, “Amon will suffice for this ne'er-do-well. Most of you will be stationed in here to protect it. The corridor has been reinforced with mundane and blessed barriers that will force those forces that break through the line out front into this corridor. Use the bottleneck to your advantage.

“Ms. Rosenberg? Mr. Umon?”

Umon nodded in acknowledgment and Willow answered, “Present!”

Mother Heather gave Willow a warm smile, “You will accompany me and Father Anderson outside, to combat the larger part of their forces,” She said, “Mr. Heracles, Mr. Brando--please get into your combat bodies and join us shortly. The rest of you will be taking your orders from Mr. Carpenter as needed, though I will be in radio contact with you if need be.”

She nodded once and Umon and Willow followed her. The two robots followed in suit, but in a slightly different direction.

Harry surveyed the area and still found the amount of space in the hall remarkable. The open area around the statue was more than enough to move around—though Harry’s wider spells would have to be controlled to prevent friendly fire. A fifty foot radius would do a lot, but it was cut in half by man-made trench—sandbags around layered steel walls up to Harry’s...the top of his stomach, really, but on a normal person, that would bring it up to their chest easily.

The Hallway facing the wall was only 10ft wide and long. A decent bottleneck should they break in.

Though if they had anyone else like Wodan Ymir, Harry had his doubts that the armor and shielding would hold out and allow the bottleneck to hold.

“Hey, Michael,” Buffy asked, “Who was the Nun who kept Anderson in check?”

“And more importantly, how did she do it?” The blonde woman Harry did not get the name of added, “that guy has tried to take Dante’s head 4 times already.”

The woman in fatigues smirked and added, “it keeps getting funnier every time he tries.”

“Yeah,” Dante scowled, “It’s really hilarious how he tries to kill me.”

"Well, you did arrive after she cowed him," Buffy said, "But knowing him, that really shouldn't have done anything."

“Mother Heather?” Michael scratched his short beard, “She’s just extremely sweet is all. A little kindness can go a long way, you know.”

Harry could actually hear Dante rolling his eyes before he let out a groan.

“I bet’cha,” Hellboy leaned back a bit and turned from Michael, “he respects her for her service in the Paris Combat Revue back in the 20s.”

Buffy only got out a “The what?” before the radio on Michael’s belt crackled to life: an Old World War II model designed to survive magical interference (Harry doubted such a thing was possible, but there it was).

“We have word from Japan that they’ve made their first move—be on your toes!” The voice on the other end said—some soldier Harry had yet to meet, he ventured.

“TSAB Alert—a massive number of teleportation signals have been detected. They’re coming in!”

From the large, narrow windows, Harry could see glowing rune circles hovering in the air—many almost 30ft in the air. From these circles, many things dropped in: the Hellfrogs Harry had seen at the party were mixed among black armored warriors with demonic looking helmets and almost mechanical movements. These warriors marched like and acted almost like photo-negative storm troopers. Harry hoped their aiming skills remained the same.

And then there were the machines. Massive black robots with flared shoulders, two horns on either side of their head, which housed a single red ‘eye’ that consisted of a long slit. The arms of the machines had 3 protrusions on them that ended in blunt sticks.

Harry gave a quick blink as his mind put the pieces together.

Hellboy whistled, “Well, those are new.”

Harry tightened his fist in frustration, “their first attack was a purge.”

“What?” Dante turned to the Americans as Buffy echoed Dresden’s scowl.

“Getting rid of what they don’t’ need,” She said, “They let that woman be captured.”

“Now we get to fight the cream of the crop,” Harry snorted, “Joy.”

That’s when the earth shook. From the narrow window outlooks, a new beast joined the fray from the largest of the summoning circle: a black creature with a similar monocular eye that formed a narrow slit, each of its forearms and hands were replaced with massive steel-like scythes and a row of three red-lined fins down its back and capped off with a row of metallic horns curving towards its face in a single row.

Its beaked moth opened revealing serrated teeth and a set of thin, insectine pinchers on either side of its mouth, letting loose a pseudo-electronic howling shriek. It stood clear over most of the buildings and was by far the largest living thing Harry had ever seen.

“Gigan!” The radio barked, “They revived Gigan!”
{{Mission 11}}
{{Reinvigoration}}
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2011-06-22 06:38pm, edited 7 times in total.
Browncoat

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

SAMAS wrote:You had me worried for the last month. :D
With Grad school in full swing, expect a slow update rate, but I'll try and get one up each month...somehow.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Don't strain yourself. Try to take it easy, and take a lot of notes for this story so when you get the free time to update you can do so at a rate that will allow us to truly appreciate what you have written and give us some time to really digest how bad certain situations are for when you can't update.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

It's not strain--it's more about proper time management and me bein' a lazy bum at times.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Sorry I brought it up.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

No worries, man. No worries.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

I worry too much. Anyway a rather terrifying prospect that you've left us to face is how this is going turn out (as well as how well just Willow, Mother Heather from Sakura Wars, and Duke Fleed/Grendizer will be able to take down Gigan and his mooks by themselves). Finally, will Shin Getter Robo be in this fic?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

You get a cookie for knowing the Sakura Wars reference! I was afraid it was too subtle.

Yeah, that is rather evil.

And no, Shin Getter Robo will not be appearing. No one has really been working with a full Nekketsu Engine since about 1981.
Browncoat

Kamikage
Youngling

Post by Kamikage »

Well, there goes the hopes of seeing someone eating a Stoner Sunshine, oh well. Still I don't get the whole robot reference (am crawling through wikipedia, tvtropes and your Heroes and Monsters of the Millenium thread. No luck so far). And I kinda cheated on the whole Sakura Wars thing to be honest.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them.
kilopi505
Padawan Learner

Post by kilopi505 »

Holy Shit. An update! Hurrah!