Fate of Dathomir

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Fate of Dathomir

Post by Raxmei »

What ever happened to the planet Dathomir? As the galaxy's largest concentration of Force users, one would think it would get more attention.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

A few Witchs went-off planet to Study Elsewhere, I'm guesing the Harpans took some with them, otherwise I guess they are generaly ignored, prehaps they don't like leaving thier home-land?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Doesn't really matter now. Their the Vong's bitches in the NJO. Not only that, but Tsavong Lah put three Rancors to good use. heh.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The Jedi abandoned the planet to its fate when it was attacked by the Yuuzhan Vong. The witches were all captured or killed, with the possible exception of the ones that got off planet before the attack. Note that the NR did not sponsor an evacuation of the place, nor did any other group. I guess they just kind of forgot about the whole planet.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Not surprising. There's little of interest to tourists on Dathomir, and the Emperor and Warlord Zsinj kept their technological status low, meaning no one's likely to miss the place, and they can't evac themselves.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Lord_Vader
Youngling

Post by Lord_Vader »

Ah that sucks for the witches. Is reading any of the NJO books worth it? I havent read anymore of the EU books since Vision of The Future.
"Join me and I will complete your training"
"You dont know the power of the Dark Side"
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

im aware of the EU events but what im confused about is in the comic series Infinities Way. In it Quilon Vos sends that infinieties beam that was going to hit and kill everything on Coruscant and redirected it to Dathomir. Apparently were left to belive that Dathmoir was killed off or blown up but we SW fans all know that Dathomir is well and full of life after the galactic Civil War. Can any one give me any info on what happend in the prequal Dathmir tales?
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Lord_Vader wrote:Ah that sucks for the witches. Is reading any of the NJO books worth it? I havent read anymore of the EU books since Vision of The Future.
Definitely pay for Star by Star.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I agree with Master of Ossus. You should definitely get SbS. It's what, $25, but it's worth it.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Tychu wrote:im aware of the EU events but what im confused about is in the comic series Infinities Way. In it Quilon Vos sends that infinieties beam that was going to hit and kill everything on Coruscant and redirected it to Dathomir. Apparently were left to belive that Dathmoir was killed off or blown up but we SW fans all know that Dathomir is well and full of life after the galactic Civil War. Can any one give me any info on what happend in the prequal Dathmir tales?
The Infinities series is a series of parallel universes to the normal Star Wars timeline. They have no effect on the main timeline.

But to answer your question, sometime during the time of the Old Republic a Jedi training ship, the Chu'unthor, suffered a failure and was forced to land on Dathomir. The Jedi attempted to repair the ship but were driven off by Nightsisters; however, Yoda entrusted the Chu'unthor's holographic history archives to the Singing Mountain Clan.

Now fast-forward to just after RotJ. In the time of the Empire, Dathomir's moons were found to have valuable ores and a processing facility was set up in orbit. A prison was also built on the planet's surface, but a Nightsister took advantage of it. As a result, Zsinj made the planet off-limits to prevent the Nightsisters from escaping, and ensured that the planet stayed at a dark age technology level. (The civilization never went beyond the feudal stage, BTW.)

However, Han Solo won the title of the planet in a sabacc game and took Leia with him to the planet in an attempt to make her marry him. Luke Skywalker and Prince Isolder of Hapes also went to the planet to find Han and Leia. Blah blah blah... in the end, the Nightsisters were wiped out, Tenenial Djo (heir to leader of the Singing Mountain Clan and hence ownership of the planet) married Prince Isolder, and Han and Leia married.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF