An SDNW Proposal

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: An SDNW Proposal

Post by PeZook »

Collectors are up on the Wiki. With (stolen) pictures!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

I'm in the middle of exams, so not a lot of time to set up my nation, but I write a bit from time to time. Still undecided on the name though.
unsigned
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Teleros wrote: In other news, I've done a lovely pretty picture for all our foreign relations. It's only a rough guide obviously and needs some filling in (eg Bluewolf & Lord Oskuro need nations), but should be useful for quick & easy references. It's on the Wiki on the "List of PCs" page, so please feel free to colour in:

http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/File: ... _Chart.PNG

I can also send anyone who needs it the Excel file I used to make it (Office 2003 .xls).
I discussed this file with Teleros and uploaded it to Google Documents. It looks good and everyone should be able to edit it. If someone has a good idea for where to place this link on the wiki, that'd be grand.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Mine'll be easy; the Central Alliance is "unknown" clear across the board. :wink:
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Same with the Outlanders - they're known but neutral or light trading with everyone. I'd prefer to call it 'cautiously optimistic'.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Hey Steve, can you take away the square that is furthest north? I'm going back to 9 sectors.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

I've updated the Nation Relationship Chart with two experimental charts that I'm working on (an expansion of Teleros's idea).

Hopefully they will be easier to follow.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Hey Steve, can you take away the square that is furthest north? I'm going back to 9 sectors.
Done.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Pollux
Padawan Learner

Post by Pollux »

Put my nation's diplomatic stances on the chart. :wink:

I imagine exactly how the Pfhor view your nation depends on your policy towards slavery, and some other case-by-case determinants.
"Minnesota has 10,000 lakes. This is roughly 4,000 times more lakes than people."
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I just realized I'm not on the map yet - could I have eight spaces to the right of the French Empire? Which one's really doesn't matter.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Kinda hard to be on the map when you don't pick your desired sectors, Baerne.

Adding you now.

Vyraeth and Baerne added.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Relationships between the Imperium falls under the few categories:

1. If you are a largely human dominated empire, with few xenos, we will turn a blind eye on the filth and are willing to do business.
2. If you are xeno, probably ignored, though we will likely have under the table dealings.
3. Outright hostility, in which case we will look into declaring a crusade some time in the future. But first, the Roman Curia has to find the budget to finance it, along with the resources, allies to do the job.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Query: Did anyone purchase extra "Warp Gates" with their NCPs?

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Steve wrote:Query: Did anyone purchase extra "Warp Gates" with their NCPs?
Yes I did.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I bought two additional gates.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

None for me, but an extra hyperspace lane was added.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

I had to cut all of my extra warp gates when I got a 2 for my NCP roll, but I still have an extra hyperspace junction.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Just curious about the warp gates.

Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Did up my part of the chart thingy, I'm going to be pretty well linked with the Hauhi Empire as that would likely be one of the places I would have had relations with as my nation was forming given how near it is to my highest GDP world. However there may be some snags so if you see anything off let me know.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Kuroji
Padawan Learner

Post by Kuroji »

I didn't, but there are two additional hyperspace junctions for me; I figured that would make travel inside the Regency quick enough for the core axis of it to where it wouldn't matter so much for delays getting to the gate.
Steel, on nBSG's finale: "I'd liken it to having a really great time with these girls, you go back to their place, think its going to get even better- suddenly there are dicks everywhere and you realise you were in a ladyboy bar all evening."
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

Steve wrote:Query: Did anyone purchase extra "Warp Gates" with their NCPs?
Yes, for both my Core sectors. All 4 sectors have hyperspace junctions too; I'm trying to represent a fairly small, well-knit nation. Altacaran warp gates are used for a lot of internal traffic as well, comparatively speaking, or at least that's my intention.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Revised for the pt change
The Servian Republic wrote:
Mod-council State: 26 NCPs

System
"Arda"
"Tol-in-Gaurhoth"
"Haradwin"
"Haudh-in-fuin"
"Ered Lithui"
"Anadune"
"Ered Duath"
System Type
Home
Core
Core
Core
Mid
Mid
Mid
A-16
C-17
A-18
B-18
A-17
C-16
Data
60 Bil Population, $14,000 GDP, 1 Hyperspace Junction
50 Bil Population, $10,000 GDP
50 Bil Population, $11,000 GDP, 1 Warp Gate
50 Bil Population, $10,000 GDP
30 Bil Population, $6,000 GDP
30 Bil Population, $9,000 GDP, +1 GDP
30 Bil Population, $6,000 GDP

Systems: 24 pts
Warp Gates: 1 pt
GDP Boosts: 1 pt

Total Population (All Races): 300 Billion
Total GDP (All sectors): $66,000

Locations and sector names (which also are the names of the principal planets in their respective sectors) are unchanged, all the point drops were from HJs and GDP/Pop boosts.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Gaaaah. I'm still dueling with my own restraints on writing shameless stuff. :banghead:

Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

Looks like Teleros's chart is shaping up nicely!

Personally, I'm looking forward to a major war breaking out over something along the lines of: "You un-friended my nation on flagbook?!? Screw you, I'm going to un-friend you AND all of your friends!!"
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I have some conceptual objections to it, though. Mostly in how negative relations work. Dark orange being "border skirmishes" doesn't work if you have no border, and really it and "Minor War" should simply be something like "Hostile" and "Mutual Hate".