SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread X

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread X

Post by PeZook »

Oh, BTW: Did you know we're nearing a second anniversary? Zor posted his original RAR on:

Code: Select all

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 am
Two years, mang. We've lived and breathed and discussed and wrote for both SNDWs for two years. I managed to sire a baby between the time it started and today, and it's still slowly puttering along towards the GRAND FINALE

Pardon me, I need to, uh...something's got into my eye...

:D

EDIT: Oh man, this is hilarious:
Darth Hoth on Apr 02 10:21 a.m. wrote:I mobilise to defend my country against the inevitable invasion and go out with a bang when it comes. No surrender! Hopefully someone will make a film about the Brave Warriors of Hoth in a thousand years, assuming that the planet is not a barren wasteland by then. (Although that is probably its likeliest fate...)
The world on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 am

Man :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

What is sorely lacking is a real life enactment of it all.

MUAHAHAHAHAAH!!
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:Oh, BTW: Did you know we're nearing a second anniversary? Zor posted his original RAR on:

Code: Select all

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 am
Two years, mang. We've lived and breathed and discussed and wrote for both SNDWs for two years. I managed to sire a baby between the time it started and today, and it's still slowly puttering along towards the GRAND FINALE
You're the one keeping the bloated zombie corpse alive. So it's all your fault.

BTW, just to dick with you, I should go in and launch all the MESS nukes at CATO and anyone else I can get away with right after you finish your story. You know, so this ends like the first one. It'll be...poetic.

:twisted:
PeZook wrote:
Darth Hoth on Apr 02 10:21 a.m. wrote:I mobilise to defend my country against the inevitable invasion and go out with a bang when it comes. No surrender! Hopefully someone will make a film about the Brave Warriors of Hoth in a thousand years, assuming that the planet is not a barren wasteland by then. (Although that is probably its likeliest fate...)
The world on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 am

Man :D
To be fair, after 1000 years we've probably mostly recovered and then some. And since pretty much every surviving country was all buddy-buddy in SDNW1 (look at how we fucked that up in round 2...clearly we needed Shep to promote harmony between us :D ) that world is probably doing pretty well for itself.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

RogueIce wrote: BTW, just to dick with you, I should go in and launch all the MESS nukes at CATO and anyone else I can get away with right after you finish your story. You know, so this ends like the first one. It'll be...poetic.
Do you want to get murdered by a Pole? Seriously, do you? Is that some kind of ultimate fetish for you? :P

Nah, in reality we'll just ignore you like we did with Shep launching his final strike in SDNW2 :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:Do you want to get murdered by a Pole? Seriously, do you? Is that some kind of ultimate fetish for you? :P
I said I'd let you finish the story first, didn't I?
PeZook wrote:Nah, in reality we'll just ignore you like we did with Shep launching his final strike in SDNW2 :D
Well, since nobody else is really bothering to post in the story thread it's something of a moot point anyway, isn't it? :wink:
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

RogueIce wrote: I said I'd let you finish the story first, didn't I?
Ah, right. Fortunately, it won't matter then. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Uh, did I say this out loud?

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:
RogueIce wrote: I said I'd let you finish the story first, didn't I?
Ah, right. Fortunately, it won't matter then. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Uh, did I say this out loud?
So long as the game ends in nuclear hellfire, it's all good man.

BTW, I notice you failed to comment on my theory that the presence of Shep is in fact necessary for world peace and cooperation between nations. Deliberate omission?

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

No, it just seemed like a "well, duh" moment. Though notice that what we actually needed was the knowledge that yes, he is actually capable of mass destruction, not just talking about it. Shep was just as much an asshole the first time round, but nobody really thought he'd go through with nuking people left and right for the slightest offences.

People were smarter the second time round :D

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

PeZook wrote:No, it just seemed like a "well, duh" moment. Though notice that what we actually needed was the knowledge that yes, he is actually capable of mass destruction, not just talking about it. Shep was just as much an asshole the first time round, but nobody really thought he'd go through with nuking people left and right for the slightest offences.
Well yes, and you'll notice the MESS and OMSK seemed to get in a fight over something every other week. After Shep split OMSK and formed the UAR, the MESS and FUN got rather buddy-buddy pretty quick. :wink:
PeZook wrote:People were smarter the second time round :D
Indeed. And then when he was gone there was some peace. But then MESS and CATO got into it. Truely, we need a ruthless genocidal warmonger to unite us against a common foe. Otherwise we have noone to argue with except each other.

Kinda like the Rebel Alliance and New Republic thing...

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce wrote:You're the one keeping the bloated zombie corpse alive. So it's all your fault.

BTW, just to dick with you, I should go in and launch all the MESS nukes at CATO and anyone else I can get away with right after you finish your story. You know, so this ends like the first one. It'll be...poetic.

We will be sure to launch of stock of gigaton nukes. :wink:
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
RogueIce wrote:You're the one keeping the bloated zombie corpse alive. So it's all your fault.

We will be sure to launch of stock of gigaton nukes. :wink:
*shrug* As long as the whole world (or at least most of it) is a glowing parking lot, I'll be happy.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Heh, I've been talking with Steve, Shep, and a few others about a Falloutesque FanFic about post nuclear SDNW1. The LSR Rangers deploy to Shepnukistan to find and kill...GENERAL SHEPPARDS BRAIN-IN-A-JAR!! :P
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:Heh, I've been talking with Steve, Shep, and a few others about a Falloutesque FanFic about post nuclear SDNW1. The LSR Rangers deploy to Shepnukistan to find and kill...GENERAL SHEPPARDS BRAIN-IN-A-JAR!! :P
I was toying around with an idea of SDNW1 fanfic (Beo saw my thoughts on the STAR ships for such a scenario) which would have little or nothing to do with the idea proposed above. It was pretty awesome, though. In my head, at least. :D

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

RogueIce wrote: I was toying around with an idea of SDNW1 fanfic (Beo saw my thoughts on the STAR ships for such a scenario) which would have little or nothing to do with the idea proposed above. It was pretty awesome, though. In my head, at least. :D

The climax for my story involves the Shroomstaffel landing in Vertibirds to destroy the LSR Ranger Camp. :P
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

RogueIce wrote:
PeZook wrote:Do you want to get murdered by a Pole? Seriously, do you? Is that some kind of ultimate fetish for you? :P
I said I'd let you finish the story first, didn't I?
PeZook wrote:Nah, in reality we'll just ignore you like we did with Shep launching his final strike in SDNW2 :D
Well, since nobody else is really bothering to post in the story thread it's something of a moot point anyway, isn't it? :wink:
Especially because even on the reduced speed timeframe we went with by now there have been at least 3 and possibly 4 visits to Mars with the establishment of a rotating scientific presence. Combine that with the now permanent human habitation in space (between the lunar colonies and the two MSA Space Stations) and even nuking the earth to glass wouldn't "end" the story.

Actually what would be kinda funny is to try and figure out when the slightly higher speed SDNW3 would finally catch up with SNDWRedux in terms of in game date.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

CmdrWilkens wrote: Actually what would be kinda funny is to try and figure out when the slightly higher speed SDNW3 would finally catch up with SNDWRedux in terms of in game date.
Given it's 2 months per game year instead of three? That means six in-game years in one RL year versus 4 in SDNW2... so a gain of 2 years every RL year. It'll take, oh, 50 years? 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

CmdrWilkens wrote: Especially because even on the reduced speed timeframe we went with by now there have been at least 3 and possibly 4 visits to Mars with the establishment of a rotating scientific presence. Combine that with the now permanent human habitation in space (between the lunar colonies and the two MSA Space Stations) and even nuking the earth to glass wouldn't "end" the story.
Oh yes - we have that and more!

Anyway, I know I'm pretty much writing a fanfic now, no need to remind me. I just wanted to give the game some closure, ya know? :)

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

I could start writing tickers again...
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

All I have to say to Wilkens is: Unreal Time, yo. :D

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lonestar wrote:
RogueIce wrote: I was toying around with an idea of SDNW1 fanfic (Beo saw my thoughts on the STAR ships for such a scenario) which would have little or nothing to do with the idea proposed above. It was pretty awesome, though. In my head, at least. :D

The climax for my story involves the Shroomstaffel landing in Vertibirds to destroy the LSR Ranger Camp. :P
Wait, what? :lol:

SDNW1 did have me as a cyborg ruler of the Shroomanian dystopia!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Oh, man, PeZook.... That was glorious. You actually pulled through with the whole damned thing, I can't even begin to express how awesome your preserverance is. I shall endeavour to write a proper encore and epilogue to your awesome PRIME NOIR! And in the meantime, I can do little but bow to your greatness... Really, man... That's a job properly well done.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

That was fucking awesome man. I am truly impressed with how you handled this from beginning to the end, that is some fine writing. I loved the end man, it was so...appropriate. :D
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Thanks, guys!

But...I'm not done just yet :twisted:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My god! MY GOD! PeZook! PEZOOK! :lol:

You are the greateresterest person EVER!

PRIME NOIR!

God, you must post all the NOIR in Fanfics!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I demand a real life enactment of this, only with nukes and more.
Kreia