Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover)

Post by SAMAS »

FA vs. Hayate will probably come later.

Next mission seems to be the trip to antarctica, and we might end up running into a new party member (it's been three missions at the beginning, we're about due). I see a battle with Gadget drones, Jaffa, and probably Kulls and whatever that thing was. Possibly Death Gliders/Al'kesh, with Tetsuya showing up in Jet Pilaider.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

If this is really an end of the world scenario, I think it's fair to assume the involvement of at least one kaiju, considering the author. Unless there's some plot-point reason nobody's seen a kaiju in years that's about to come along and Joss me. :P
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

SAMAS wrote:FA vs. Hayate will probably come later.

Next mission seems to be the trip to antarctica, and we might end up running into a new party member (it's been three missions at the beginning, we're about due). I see a battle with Gadget drones, Jaffa, and probably Kulls and whatever that thing was. Possibly Death Gliders/Al'kesh, with Tetsuya showing up in Jet Pilaider.
Doesn't the Antarctica mission have General Hammond in it? Does he count as a new party member, or do his scripted appearances make him an NPC?
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Styphon wrote:If this is really an end of the world scenario, I think it's fair to assume the involvement of at least one kaiju, considering the author. Unless there's some plot-point reason nobody's seen a kaiju in years that's about to come along and Joss me. :P
Actually, the Plot Point is actually that Kaiju are appearing with increasing regularity.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Majin Gojira wrote:
Styphon wrote:If this is really an end of the world scenario, I think it's fair to assume the involvement of at least one kaiju, considering the author. Unless there's some plot-point reason nobody's seen a kaiju in years that's about to come along and Joss me. :P
Actually, the Plot Point is actually that Kaiju are appearing with increasing regularity.
My mistake, I was incorrectly remembering part of the last paragraph in your OP (just one year, and just no kaiju in major cities). This just raises my hopes of seeing the big G one-shot a Hatak. :twisted:
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
FA Xerrik
Padawan Learner

Post by FA Xerrik »

Which makes me wonder: which continuity are you going with for Godzilla? I wouldn't have any trouble for example seeing his Final Wars iteration mad wrecking some Goa'uld shit, and presumably his Heisei-era incarnation would also pose a pretty serious threat. If you answered this already, my bad, but Styphon put such a lovely image into my own head that I had to ask.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

The Godzilla continuity is based on the previously hinted at Young-Adult Novel series by Marc Cerasini (though IU'm drawing far more from my own Kaiju Timeline posted some time back). It's ostensibly Heisie Godzilla with some nods to Showa thrown in.

Sadly, a different G will be taking part in the Antartic Battle.

And let me just say, this battle is a bitch to write! So many things are intoduced, and the battle was pretty much a curbstomp back in the Lost City until the Promethus took on the Ha'taks. So many weapons and folk get introduced and... I'm 3,000 words in and I'm not even at the part I've been waiting to write for several years yet!

That and thanks to your comments I now have the urge to do some chapters in the Mahora Budokai:

Negi Springfield vs. Nanoha Takamachi.

Garunteed to knock you off your feet and possibly into the next county.

Hell, I planned on skipping the damned thing until I found out how the author originally placed the seeds in the tourney: he rolled dice!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

You were gonna skip it?

*whap* Bad author! BAD. :mrgreen:

Anyways, if it's that big, I'm certainly looking forward to it. Although I wonder what kind of scene could you have been waiting years to write

A thought that occurred to me: Does anyone else see Jack trying to make Nanoha take English lessons from Daniel or Sam? I re-read that part from Raging Heart about helping her and Tetsuya because theirs wasn't that good and it got me to thinking.
Last edited by SAMAS on 2009-04-16 02:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Majin Gojira wrote:Sadly, a different G will be taking part in the Antartic Battle.
Gamera? Gappa? Guilala? Gigan? Gorgo? Gigantor (yeah, yeah, Tetsujin 28, but I'm on a roll here)? Any of those would be nearly as awesome.

The Gargantuas... not so much. :P
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Possibly Great Mazinger or Getter Robo.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, you folks just reminded me of another G to throw into that battle...Though he's really a T (28), and I'd rather see him tearing appart Knightmare Frames, but that can wait.

Damn you all :P
Browncoat

FA Xerrik
Padawan Learner

Post by FA Xerrik »

Hell, it could even be MechaG. Which makes me have to ask, is the MechaG here from the same novel continuity as Godzilla?
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

FA Xerrik wrote:Hell, it could even be MechaG. Which makes me have to ask, is the MechaG here from the same novel continuity as Godzilla?
Yes, but I'm going to replace the pilot with another more famous crippled character.
Browncoat

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Majin Gojira wrote:
FA Xerrik wrote:Hell, it could even be MechaG. Which makes me have to ask, is the MechaG here from the same novel continuity as Godzilla?
Yes, but I'm going to replace the pilot with another more famous crippled character.
[simpsons]STEPHEN HAWKING!?!?[/simpsons]

I kid, I kid.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
SITB
Redshirt

Post by SITB »

Vehrec wrote:
Majin Gojira wrote:
[simpsons]STEPHEN HAWKING!?!?[/simpsons]

I kid, I kid.

Hey, Stephen Hawking is totally hardcore, he created a Demon summoning program and found a portal to hell. Piloting a mere one hundred meter tall mechanical construct is nothing to him.

Seriously though, is it bad that I immediately jumped to the same conclusion?
"Power is merely the faculty to act. It is a kinetic quantity few can grasp. The deaths of these fanatics costs me nothing. I can replace them. Because I never stop moving."

-Lucian~Fortuna Saga-
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

“Glad to see you back so soon,” The Major said as Averruncus and Wodan entered the control room, “I take it your mission was a success.”

“It took some added effort, but we delayed them the requisite time. Is Anubis already in orbit?” Fate answered.

“Has been for two hours now,” The Major smiled, “I wonder what we will salvage when this is over.”

A redheaded boy rushed over to Wodan. He was an older teenager, perhaps 16, but still had the eagerness of a child in his eyes.

“How’d it work!” he almost shouted with excitement as two other boys of similar age rushed to join him: one was blond, the other had black hair.

“Yeah, how’d it work!” The newcomers repeated.

“Perfectly,” Wodan answered, “though Wonder Woman managed to sneak past the armor at the wrist. I suggest reinforcement.”

“Ah, more details to work through,” Herr Doctor sighed, a thin, bespectacled man with blond hair, “That may delay development a little more.”

The boys produced a whining sound in near perfect unison.

“Boomer, Bret, Butch. You must have patience,” The Major said, “We still have a while to wait before we bring our perfection to the world. Now, go and inform Ouka and the other Children of the Dawn of the progress.”

The boys stood at attention, clicked their heels and saluted the Major before they sped off, leaving dark blurs behind them.

The Major smiled, “Such good soldiers.”

{{Mission 4}}
{{The Song That is Forbidden}}

President Xanatos remained calm despite the chaos around him. Anubis’ fleet was in orbit over the planet. It consisted of 8 Ha’tak mother ships and a specialized super-mother ship. Each one had 12 wings of Deathglider fighters, and 3 wings of Al’kesh bombers.

Worse, they had begun testing earth. From orbit, several of the Ha’tak had attempted to goad earth into showing what trumps they had. Thankfully, all it had done was confirm several allied nation’s support. But even with, they had about fifth of the space-capable ships that Anubis had brought. Worse, most of it was fighters.

His military advisers had been trying their best to form a decent defense procedure against Anubis. Keeping him up to date on each new development, a dozen plans ran through his head.

It would be tight, but as always, he had a plan. The first one was pinned on Jack O’Neill and SG-1. If they could pull through, it would be the best of all possible outcomes. If it did not, there were other options. A straight up fight simply wasn’t plausible using conventional means. Several of the plans relied on various factions specializing in unconventional and fringe methods working in concert. Anubis was only experimenting in Magic. The resources brought to him through the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense as well as organizations such as the White Council, the Hellsing Organization and others had opened up some interesting possibilities in addition to the technological defenses. He found himself acting as an intermediary between the groups for the most part. That part had to change, but that was a future concern.

If he had more time, it could have been in concert with the technological defenses.

When he decided upon a proper Plan F (a poisoned well strategy, something he was loathed to consider), the power cut out to the Oval office. Now illuminated only by natural sunlight, a dark figure manifested.

The Secret service acted quickly, but General Maynard stopped them before they opened fire shouting “Hold your fire! It’s a hologram.”

A tense moment followed before the cloaked image spoke in a bellowing, reverberating growl.

“I am Anubis,” it declared.

Xanatos was unimpressed. He smirked, “Sure you are.”

“Are you the leader of this world?”

“For all intents and purposes, let us talk as though I were.”

“Your leadership has come to an end,” Anubis boomed, “Bow before your God, and I may grant you leniency.”

Xanatos chuckled and mentally removed plan b from consideration, “I’m a self-made billionaire who now leads the most powerful nation on the planet. Do you honestly think I’d accept handouts or being ranked second best?”

“If you possessed weapons matching mine, you would have used them.”

“Despite our image, we know the meaning of restraint and patience.”

“You will bring destruction upon yourselves.”

“In the last hundred years, we’ve been faced with 30 invasions like yours. What makes you think that yours will fare any differently from theirs?”

As Anubis’ hologram faded, Owen Burnett, Xanatos’ right hand man, gave him a knowing eyebrow.

Xanatos sat down, nonpulsed, “Still, not as large of a ham as Sevarius.”

It had taken them an hour to reach Antarctica, longer than normal due to a trick Jack had pulled. He had altered the Invisible Jet’s cloak to extend it over the Tel’tak Bra’tac has commandeered as well as itself.

Inside said Tel’tak, things were a little tense. Nanoha had been unconscious for almost an hour. Jack had done his best to heal her, tapping into his Mulian/nearing ascension abilities to mend her wounds. However, she had expended a good deal of her magic, and the shock her system received when her shield broke had knocked her cold. Everyone was rather worried, and altered between trying to keep themselves busy while casting occasional glances

Carter was the first to notice Nanoha’s eyes slowly open.

The first words out of her mouth were: “I-Is everyone alright?”

“We are fine,” Bra’tac answered her.

Nanoha started to move, but a gentle hand from Bra’tac stopped her, “Save your strength,” he said.

She nodded slowly and lay back down. She asked several questions about what had transpired since she had fallen, and got calm, assuring answers them as the Tel’tak slowed.

“Is this it?” Carter asked as she entered from the engine room.

O’Neill soon followed in from the cockpit, moving to the ring transporters that were now hooked up to a Naquadah generator.

O’Neill said something that came out in pure Mulian, Daniel provided a quick translation: “I think he said ‘This will reveal us.’”

O’Neill flipped a switch and the transporters seemed to activate partly. Outside the ship, a beam of light shot down and began to briskly a tunnel through the mile of ice between the ring transports.

It took a few moments, but the disruption in the beam disrupted the cloak and it slowly evaporated.

Inside, SG-1 prepared themselves for the inevitable siege once they entered. Once Nanoha got to her feet, she joined them. She re-formed her Barrier Jacket as she stepped into the center of the Transporter Rings at O’Neill’s behest. Bra’tac took control of the ship and sent the quintet into the icy cavern the Tel’tak had carved.

Once there, O’Neill removed the strange bead from his pocket and held it aloft. It shone with a golden glow for a few brief moments before it shattered.

As the pieces fell from Jack’s hand, Daniel couldn’t help but comment, “Well, that was kind of underwhelming.”

But Jack didn’t lose stride as he walked to the end of the short hallway the Tel’Tak had unearthed. At its end was a strange chair shrouded in darkness. It was elevated on a double tiered pedestal, and SG-1’s flashlights revealed a slightly crystalline structure.

Jack sat down and it reclined slightly.

He said something in ancient and waved his hand. Daniel turned to Nanoha with his translation: “He wants you on the platform.”

Nanoha nodded and stood to Jack’s right on the lowest tier of the pedestal when Raising Heart announced, “Master, power interface detected. Power must be channeled through you to the chair to activate.”

Nanoha clenched her fingers around Raising Heart and let out a sharp breath before she placed the crystalline end of the staff on the second tier.

She closed her eyes in focus as Cater, Daniel and Teal’c set up firing positions at a choke point near the Ring platform, waiting for the inevitable horde.

It did not take long for the rings to rise up and reveal the first wave of Kull Warriors.

In the skies above, Captain Trevor pointed her craft towards the heavens, and the descending Goa’uld fighters and bombers without a word. She hoped the signal she had sent to her mother back in the ‘states had not been detected, but with the power readings from the Tel’tak, they might was well have made a second sun down there.

She activated the craft’s weapons systems and prepared for the worst.

She had 8 drone missiles and a direct energy canon mounted on the bottom of the craft. She’d seen both do incredible things before, but if backup didn’t come soon, it she’d just be overwhelmed.

A quick glance at the layout the Invisible Jet display revealed over 300 separate craft descending upon the earth--and one an unknown coming in fast behind her.

Whatever it was, it was round in shape and over 250ft across and pushing Mach 4.

She quickly decided to go for broke before it arrived. She launched all the plane’s drones, taking minor mental control of their movements. She did her best to avoid the fighter craft as they soared into space, but only half made it past the swarm. The others impacted against and destroyed fighters and bombers on their way.

Those weren’t her targets, the Ha’tak were. The four remaining drones split into pairs and slid past the Ha'tak’s shields on their way to the craft’s engines.

When she was younger, she heard her mother had destroyed a Ha’tak with only two drones. She hoped it worked now, but could not even watch the drones’ impact as the swarm of fighters got within range and opened fire.

Captain Trevor braced herself when a call echoed through the air around her—over the radio and beyond.

THUNDER BREAK!

A massive lightning bolt cut above the Invisible Jet and chained through several Deathgliders as it went. They fell to earth or outright exploded from the current’s power. Captain Trevor brought up a rear view screen to see where it had come from.

The machine was human-like in form; black torso and extremities with white in between and a pronounced red “V” shape over the chest. The face was like a pagan god or devil, she wasn’t sure which. Red wings and a rocket from the back held the machine aloft. A similar, if simpler, machine hovered next to it, blasting the incoming Deathgliders with yellow beams from its eyes with an accompanying boom of: “PHOTON BEAM!

Both machines were about 60ft in height.

Next to them was a much larger machine, over 150ft in height. It was red, with what appeared to be a wing-like cape on its back and weapons in its hands that were half spiked-club and half ax. An occasional beam of red would shine from a jewel-like structure on the machine’s “face” between its false eyes at the cry of: “GETTER BEAM!

Finally, streaking past them and simply plowing into the oncoming goa’uld craft was a smaller, blue humanoid figure with a thin, pointed nose and silver crest accenting its yellow eyes and a Flash Gordon like Rocket pack strapped to its back. It did not fire a single weapon, but held its own with only its fists and feet, which tore through the ships like they were cardboard without a sound.

Apparently, the Japanese had relinquished the Nekketsu Engine ban. Considering how many non-terrestrial invasions these machines had spearheaded the countermeasures too, it shouldn’t have surprised her as much it did. However, the might of Great Mazinger, Mazinger Z, Getter Robo G and Tetsujin-28 were beyond impressive thanks to their power source.

It was then that the unknown rocketed past the Invisible Jet. It was circular, but flattened slightly, with a ring of spinning flames around it almost like the planet Saturn. The object simply rammed itself into the oncoming gliders and Al’kesh. It didn’t appear to be a piloted craft. Whatever it was, it was on their side for the moment. She had a hunch as to what it was given the jewel O’Neill had crafted for the mission, but did not want to raise undo alarm.

As the two smaller machines let forth a burning blast from their red crests that cut a swath of destruction through the Goa’uld craft, and allowed the dozens of F-302s, Japanese Gun-Crusaders to pour through the hole and disrupt the goa’uld’s formation, the Prometheus pulled into the battle, guns blazing. It eventually stationed itself above the battlefield as the Ha’taks took the opportunity to open fire, but the Asgard-gifted shields the ship had been outfitted with did their job.

Comparing the two fighter craft was an exercise in opposites. Though both were built using knowledge gained from downed or captured extraterrestrial technology, they were constructed with different purposes entirely. The F-302 was swept-wing in design, fast and maneuverable, designed mostly on the Deathglider, replacing energy weapons with rail guns and missiles. The Gun-Crusader was primarily an anti-kaiju/anti-mecha assault jet. Slower and more heavily armored, it was triangular in shape with a snubbed nose and armed with missiles and a pair of plasma canons. Originally constructed in the late 1990s to counter Godzilla’s return, there was already talk of replacing them with a new, sleeker model: the Gun-Phoenix, which was already in prototype-phase.

Either way, Captain Trevor preferred her old Invisible Jet over either craft. After all, it was shielded. She quickly joined the fray as the mecha tore into the Goa’uld craft, at times literally with their hands. Though the three machines received a few blows from the gliders and Al’kesh, but seemed no worse for wear from any of the hits. A few Gun-Crusaders and F-302s did not fare as well when hit.

Captain Trevor didn’t let a moment pass and joined the fray with equal aplomb. Reduced only to the mounted energy weapon, she did her best to take down as many fighters as possible, while avoiding the swath-cutting attacks of the Super Robots and the unknown ally. However skilled the Glider pilots were; against a Kaiju, four Nekketsu powered Mecha and the Invisible Jet their hopes were slim. The Gun-Crusaders and F-302s clinched the battle in Earth’s favor.

“Captain Trevor, this is General Hammond with the Prometheus, do you copy?” Her radio crackled, briefly distracting her. She stabilized her shields and took a defensive flight near the Prometheus.

“This is Captain Trevor, I copy. O’Neill and the others are below. Whatever O’Neill is going to do, it’s comin’ from below. We need to buy him all the time we can!”

“Roger that,” General Hammond turned to his subordinates, “Keep this place covered and take out the fighters as fast as possible.”

They affirmed his order and went to work.

Captain Trevor’s energy weapon proved devastating against the Deathgliders as the purple energy chained from one to another, taking down four or five in a shot. In the corner of her eye, she witnessed Tetsujin-28 deliver a flying kick through an Al’kesh as the Mazinger launched their fist through a pair of them.

She was aware that machines equipped with the Nekketsu engine would flout the laws of physics, but with the way Getter Robo G moved—it wasn’t just flouting the laws of physics, it was openly mocking them.

First, it quickly shifted into the Poseidon form (the very act of which could best be described as “impossible”)—large, lumbering and yellow, and created a giant windstorm with a massive turbine around its neck that swept up a full squadron of Deathgliders. It then split, raced past the tempest and changed into the Liger form. The drill handed, sleek machine then blitzed past the disabled craft, only to rush through the tornado it created, slashing at the targets within faster than even her eyes could follow to utterly devastating effect. That was definitely enough to take down the craft, but the pilots were not through. They formed the Dragon form over the falling debris and vaporized them inside a Getter Beam.

To Captain Trevor it was sheer overkill. Any one of those strikes would have taken down the targets, and the elaborate nature of the attack meant that they had to have not only planned it out, but practiced it at least once before. Who the hell were those pilots?

Her thoughts were cut short as the unknown confirmed her fears. It revealed its true form in almost as fast as Getter Robo G had moved. First a pair of arms: five fingers that ended in claws with wicked spikes upon the elbows. Then the monstrous head: round, wide and with large tusks protruding from the lower jaw like a reverse saber-toothed cat.

Captain Trevor knew what it was instantly as it began to spit spheres of plasma at the remaining Goa’uld craft. The fighter force had been completely routed by the surprise assault. Within seconds, no Goa’uld craft would remain in Earth’s atmosphere.

She made a quick call to Hammond, “General Hammond. Do not fire on the Kaiju. Its Registry Code is 'Gamera.' It is not intentionally aggressive towards humans and is thought to be a Mu bio-weapon. I think its part of Jack’s defensive line.”

Inside the Prometheus, General Hammond nodded and relayed an order, “To all Earth Forces, do not engage the Kaiju. Focus on the Goa’uld.”

A token complaint seemed to arise from a Gun Crusader pilot, but was quickly squelched. War did not allow for complaining as it was then that the Ha’tak’s began an earnest bombardment of the surface of the Antarctic. The Prometheus’ shields held out, but it couldn’t let any craft on board.

From inside the Mecha, Tetsuya wanted to keep fighting, but these mechs were not outfitted for Space travel. Nor could they board the Prometheus under such heavy fire. All they could do now was hold fast and dodge. The F-302s and Gun Crusaders could make it up to join their command ship, but had expended most of their armaments already. The Prometheus was all the people of earth could field.

Gamera, apparently, could do something else. The tremendous turtle landed on the ice field and then fell over on its back. Using its arms as best it could it angled itself to one side and began to glow. Ice melted around the monster as power gathered in its chest. The underside of the turtle opened up and a golden beam of light rocketed towards the sky.

The remaining captains of the 7 remaining standard Ha’taks were quite surprised to see the beam rise from the earth’s surface. They were even more surprised when it tore through two of them and grazed a third. The third listed half of the protrusions around its pyramidal structure were blown off. The other two craft were not so fortunate and were completely destroyed.

Tetsuya observed the monster and realized that the move it had just performed as a trump card; something not easily repeated. There were still 5 Ha’taks and the Super Mother ship to deal with. Whatever O’Neill was going to pull, he hoped it would come soon.

Inside the Mulian chamber below the ice, SG-1 was fairing little better than their surface counterparts. The Kull Warriors were continuing to pour in through the transporter rings. The Kull Disruptors had been doing their part to stop the onslaught, but Nanoha was unable to do anything but pour power into the chair. Weakened from the previous battle, she did not know how much longer she could hold out.

Then Jack O’Neill disappeared between the blinking of her eyes. She could barely see him inside the chair itself, before that to faded away.

“Needed Power Achieved,” Raising Heart said as it released itself from the chair’s grasp.

Nanoha did not take any moment to wonder where Jack had gone or what he was planning. She simply pointed Raising Heart at the Kull Warriors and opened fire, curving her Divine Buster around the cover the Kull have taken to, and crushed one between it and the buster.

Then another wave came down through the transporters, she secretly hoped Jack would hurry.

Where Jack was, however, time had little meaning.

At first he could not sense a single thing. But slowly, one by one his senses returned. He also felt the burden of the Mulian knowledge dissipate as though a tremendous weight had been lifted.

When his eyes opened, he was confronted with something he knew could not be true. There was simply no way it could be real. No. Way.

In the open air room he found himself within, sitting in an iron framed, white deck chair by a round table was Charlie.

Charlie had accidentally shot himself with Jack’s own service pistol almost a decade ago.

Charlie had been dead and buried for 9 years.

And it was his own fault it had happened. That knowledge nearly sent Jack into a suicidal depression.

And now, there was some thing wearing his face.

“No,” Jack said, “Stop it. Whatever you are, you’re not him.”

“True,” The Thing wearing Charlie’s face said, “I am not. This interface has been--”

“Change it!” Jack snapped, “Anything bu—No, wait, show me your true form. I don’t want to dance around with shape shifting/mind’s eye crap.”

“True…form?”

“Yeah; I don’t care if it’s some really ugly, mind-shattering thing. Just…just stop pretending.”

The Thing that was not Charlie blinked, “I…I do not have a true form. I am a reflection of--”

“Alright, whatever, just pick something else already!”

Before Jack’s eyes, the Thing that was not Charlie became the Thing that was not Carter.

“I said to stop looking into my head for crap to change into! I don’t care what it is, just choose something that’s not about getting into my head, alright?”

“Stop pretending…” She lowered her head, “Recall to Primary Function Interface.”

The thing that was not Carter changed form without a hint of movement or change. One moment she was Carter, the next she was not. He did not recognize its form, so he was slightly relieved. It was a girl, maybe late teenaged years. She was small, dark haired, wore a yellow sundress and dark orange scarf.

“Better,” Jack said, “Now, who are you?”

“I am Ixtli,” She said, “The muse that inspires the Song of Tuning and the Song of Destruction. You have awakened me when the Gamera failsafe is active to face the Gyaos and the Demon Horde threats. My secondary defensive function serves only as a backup procedure in case that is insufficient. Why have you awakened me?”

“Well, you did just download all that ancient knowledge out of my head. Didn’t you peak around my head while you were doin’ it.”

“I did not.”

“Well, to save time—”

“Time has no meaning here,” She said, “We are between the ticks of the clock and the beats of the heart.”

“…There’s a big alien armada over the earth. Ready destroy it. I kind of want to prevent that.”

“I have watched a dozen such fleets come and go from this planet. None have been a threat to Him that my intervention was called for. What makes this one any different?”

“Well, the guy leading it was also looking for you,” Jack Answered, “The Mulian data’s a bit fuzzy, but I think he wanted to tune something. I dunno—”

“The world is tuned,” She snapped, “It is as perfect as I could make it for Him.”

“Okay, now you’ve lost me—who’s ‘Him?’”

“It does not concern you,” She let out a piercing stare that nearly stopped Jack’s heart with its intensity, “How I have been blinded to this?” she lowered her head and her features grew dark.

“Well, he is half-ascended. I bet he’s got all sorts of tricks for that.”

“Indeed,” She stood from her seated position, “Then this is a threat I shall counter. Initializing Defensive Protocols: Raideen Interface Activation.

She sung a single note and the world around them shattered, her disappearing with it as O’Neill found himself in a place equally familiar and strange.

It was some sort of cockpit, but the control scheme was unlike any he had encountered before. All he could see of the controls were two arm holds within the strange, flowery cockpit in the midst of a sea of darkness.

He clutched the controls and hoped for the best.

Inside the Mulian chamber, the ring Transporters suddenly stopped mid transport, averting the next wave. Carter blinked as a white form, too large to get an accurate assessment of in the small chamber, seemed to pass through it, heading towards the surface. When the Kull Warriors came into contact with the entity they simply evaporated. Not even a sign of struggle or pain—they were just gone in an instant.

On that surface, the glowing white and golden form rise into the air and appeared to solidify into a giant over 230ft in height. Angelic wings peaked from its forehead, with highlights of gold and blue appearing on its chest and near the extremities. Its red lensed eyes appeared from below a blue brow ridge as the wings which highlighted the top of its head unfolded in full. It let out a cry that was equal part musical chord and howling wolf.

Inside Getter Robo G; the lead pilot, Ryoma nearly did a double-take. He’d seen that machine before some 30 years previous over the pacific.

He could not help by murmur “Raideen?” before the machine formed a bow of light from its arm. With the other arm, it drew back a red bolt of energy. Anubis looked on the figure with his semblance of a face that somehow managed to convey the notion of terror, he roared for his ships to destroy the giant before it rose to far, only to watch the large figure manage to gracefully dodge the initial volleys with the grace and smoothness of a veteran fighter pilot before letting the bolt fly.

On board the Prometheus, the crew witnessed the bolt streak by and lance a Ha’tak through its core. The Ha'tak seemed to swell from the inside and explode in a sphere of flames and molten metal. The white machine then shot past the Prometheus and, with a golden blade extending from its right arm, dove through a second Ha’tak with a near identical result.

“What was that?” One of the Promethus Crewmen asked as the machine deflected incoming fire with a oblong shield over its forearm with spectacular movements.

“That,” Hammond answered, “Is SG-1!”

On the bridge of his personal flagship, Anubis was far less enthusiastic.

The girl in the Sundress was in his throne room. His guards had acted swiftly, firing upon her as soon as she appeared. There was no flash of transportation. No Portal opening that she walked through. She just stood there as though she had been there just moments before.

Equally as such, the Plasma bolts passed through her as though she were not.

They stopped firing after the first shot.

“You are Anubis?” She asked.

“That I am,” he answered, “Who are you?”

I am Ixtli,” Anubis tilted back in his thrown instinctively at the sound of the name.

“I am the Soul of the RahXephon," Ixtli continued, "The Instrumentalist has achieved Yollotl. Your actions threaten the dream made flesh.”

Outside, in the black of space, the RahXephon’s red eyelids flipped open, revealing the golden, clockwork irises beneath.

“And that,” Ixtli clenched her teeth in a rage that marred the beauty of her features, “I cannot abide, for that you shall hear the Song that is Forbidden: the Song of Destruction. All has become one, and nothing shall threaten that whole.

Inside the cockpit, Jack O’Neill heard the Ixtli whisper, “I’m sorry,” before the RahXephon let out a note that shook the foundations of space-time. Anubis' flagship as well as two Ha'tak's (one of which was crippled) seemed to lense into three different color spectrums within the waves of sound. Then, in an instant, all three ships crumbled into dust before exploding. The song drowning out the screams of Anubis and his servant as well as Jack O’Neill, whose body was nearly torn apart by the power the RahXephon surged through him.

The last remaining Ha’tak broke off and headed off, but was cut off by the sudden appearance of another ship from Hyperspace. A strange tuning-fork like craft centered on a central, disk-like hub.

The Ha’tak took a different angle and, opening another hyperspace window, fled.

Onboard the deck of the Asura, a man in a blue suit sat looking through the view screen.

“Missed the battle,” he said, “But still, I think you got to make a point.”

“I’d like to think so,” The woman int he command chair said. She casually opened a viewscreen to the Prometheus without a single motion, straightened herself slightly and said, “General Hammond? This is Captain Lindy Harlaown, commander of the Asura, here to provide assistance.”

“Captain Harlaown?” General Hammond tilted his head back, “I thought you wouldn’t get here for at least another three days.”

“Well,” Lindy said, “we had some technical assistance. Someone was kind enough to provide our engines with a quick upgrade.”

"Temporary upgrade," the man in the blue suit corrected, "I'm not one to go around just handing people technology they're not ready for."

"Sorry, sorry," Lindy smiled dismissively.

“So, hello,” The man said to Hammond, hands in his pockets and rocking his shoulders slightly, “Might as well make a proper introduction: my name is the Doctor. And, for a change, the Earth's in terrible danger.”

He rubbed the back his neck and added, “Yeah, I’m generally not one to come without bad news. Sorry.”

{{Battle Mastery Earned}}

Jack heard none of this. Inside the cockpit of the RahXephon, tremendous power had nearly tore him apart. Blood drooled from his lips as it did from every other orifice in his body. Silently, the RahXephon landed in on the deck of the Prometheus and held him within as he clung desperately to life.

The medical crewmen on board were quite shocked when the Colonel suddenly appeared inside a translucent glowing hand that phased through the deck. It gently dropped him there without making a sound and simply knelt on the ship’s broad deck. But they were more shocked when they began to examine him: he was literally almost torn apart by a process the crewmen could never hope to comprehend. It was a miracle that he was still alive at that moment and if they didn't act quickly, that would soon change.
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-03-27 04:11pm, edited 7 times in total.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Wow.

Both Mazingers, Getter, Gamera, And Jack in the motherfucking RahXephon?

Plus the Doctor for good measure.

Anubis is damn lucky those Super Robots couldn't get into space. He'd probably have gotten a Final Dynamic Special in the face.

For more visual aid:

Mazinger Z

Great Mazinger

Getter Dragon
Last edited by SAMAS on 2009-04-19 01:55am, edited 1 time in total.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Actually, I linked the Getter Group Attack in the fic itself.

And of the Final Dynamic Specials, I prefer this one.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Yeah, but Grendizer's not there(yet), so we have to settle for the W-ish version for a while.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I told you Jack wasn't having a good week. :wink:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'd say having the Raideeen God Voice side effect counts as a bad week.

But Jack has Lead Character Syndrome. It's not just going to be a bad week, it's going to be a bad two years.

Further, I'm suprised Samus didn't pick up on our second SRW OG character to show up. Originally, I was having another character fill her role, but then I said: what the hell.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

What you mean Okua? I was wondering if you were bringing in the School Children plot.

I did pick it up, I just forgot to mention it. Her and the RowdyRuff Boys. (and teenagers too, oh dear)...

I can imagine Jack's reaction when he meets Lindy. "Finally, an adult!" Good thing for him Fate and Chrono didn't show up first.

Mutant Headcrab
Jedi Knight

Post by Mutant Headcrab »

Boy, if Captain Trevor was shocked by the overkill of the Getter team's combo, I wonder what the reaction will be to the sheer devestation of the Shine Spark?

And if the Nekketsu Engines prove to be as physics raping as regular ol' Getter Rays and cause spontaneous machine transformation, how would people react to the Stoner SunShine Spark. Just need a good Mushashi replacement...
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

So now that Gamera's busted out the Ultimate Plasma Fireball, when should we be expecting the swarm of Hyper Gyaos?
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Styphon wrote:So now that Gamera's busted out the Ultimate Plasma Fireball, when should we be expecting the swarm of Hyper Gyaos?
Expect Worse. That Mana Cannon is one powerful, dangerous move.

Also expect me to include crossovers specifically to break people's brains. Because it's fun.
Browncoat