a question about capital ships

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sith God
Village Idiot

a question about capital ships

Post by Sith God »

i bet a corvette could take out an isd just fire at the bridge , add torpedoes of coarse and there ya go.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: a question about capital ships

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Sith God wrote:i bet a corvette could take out an isd just fire at the bridge , add torpedoes of coarse and there ya go.

Watch ANH idiot. And there's something called SHIELDS
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

My Take on The Situation

Post by Lord HuMan »

First of all... There are many types of corvettes, most notably the Marauder Corvette and Corellian CR-90 "Blockade Runner" Corvette. There are different variations on the Imperial Star Destroyer, including the ISD I and ISD II, which is slightly improved. A CR-90 could take out a Star Destroyer if a brilliant tactician was at its helm and it was up against a numbskull commander in the ISD. The Corvette must somehow disable the ventral tractor beam projectors and close in on the Destroyer's underbelly. Then its dorsal quad laser cannons can concentrate its fire on the Destroyer's ventral shields, possibly using whatever physical weapons they could use to increase damage. Even though the Destroyer is weakest at its ventral area in terms of firepower, survival for the Corvette would be next to impossible, as the Destroyer's TBLS would pound down on it simultaneously. If the Star Destroyer had fighters to launch, it would be a slaughter. This is no doubt a mismatched space spar... Perhaps it would be more evenly matched if it was a Bothan Assault Cruiser in place of the Corvette.
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
-=The Fusion of Design and Technology=-
-=Star Wars Roleplayer/Gamer/Trekkie Basher=-
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: My Take on The Situation

Lord HuMan wrote:First of all... There are many types of corvettes, most notably the Marauder Corvette and Corellian CR-90 "Blockade Runner" Corvette. There are different variations on the Imperial Star Destroyer, including the ISD I and ISD II, which is slightly improved. A CR-90 could take out a Star Destroyer if a brilliant tactician was at its helm and it was up against a numbskull commander in the ISD. The Corvette must somehow disable the ventral tractor beam projectors and close in on the Destroyer's underbelly. Then its dorsal quad laser cannons can concentrate its fire on the Destroyer's ventral shields, possibly using whatever physical weapons they could use to increase damage. Even though the Destroyer is weakest at its ventral area in terms of firepower, survival for the Corvette would be next to impossible, as the Destroyer's TBLS would pound down on it simultaneously. If the Star Destroyer had fighters to launch, it would be a slaughter. This is no doubt a mismatched space spar... Perhaps it would be more evenly matched if it was a Bothan Assault Cruiser in place of the Corvette.

You do realize almost all the blasts that hurt the Tantive IV (aka Blockade Runner) came from the ventral side?
Bender and God, Futurama
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yep Imperial Star Destroyer Desginers are not idiots :) There are banks of heavy Turbolasers on the bottems

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sith God
Village Idiot

star destroyer

Post by Sith God »

so your saying that a star destroyer has no weapons on its ventral side and all they have to do is get on its underside and fire away and there she blows.... i dont think so unless you believe an isd has no ventral weapons according to weg
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Reply.

Post by Lord HuMan »

I do realize this... Notice the significant lapse between the shots. Imagine if the Tantive IV was in the crosshairs of the dorsal, forward Starboard, and forward port weaponry. The ventral side is the only way to escape the laser fire of half the ship...
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: star destroyer

Sith God wrote:so your saying that a star destroyer has no weapons on its ventral side and all they have to do is get on its underside and fire away and there she blows.... i dont think so unless you believe an isd has no ventral weapons according to weg

You're the idiot who didn't watch ANH. Which BTW showed ventral weapons for everyone to know.
Bender and God, Futurama
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Post by Lord HuMan »

There are ventral HTBLS banks... My point is that anywhere else around the ship they can bring many more weapons to bear with the Corvette. Located close to the ventral (bottom) side it is impossible to bring the dorsal and foward weapons to bear.
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: Reply.

Lord HuMan wrote:I do realize this... Notice the significant lapse between the shots. Imagine if the Tantive IV was in the crosshairs of the dorsal, forward Starboard, and forward port weaponry. The ventral side is the only way to escape the laser fire of half the ship...

Too bad. Most of the shots came from the ventral. Those shots disabled the Corvette. Going to the ventral side will only delay the corvette's death.
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

What do you mean lapse between shots? First, they were trying to disable. Second, it was only like 1 or 2 second per shot at most.
Bender and God, Futurama
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Post by Lord HuMan »

A point that I made out in my first post.
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
Sith God
Village Idiot

Post by Sith God »

i agree 100% the covette would be destroyed if it was higher on the dorsal side
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: reply

Sith God wrote:i agree 100% the covette would be destroyed if it was higher on the dorsal side

Read my fucking posts. The shots that were nailing the corvette in ANH came mostly from the VENTRAL SIDE
Bender and God, Futurama
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Post by Lord HuMan »

A relatively significant lapse when compared to the video games (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance) and descriptions in the EU novels where the TBLS fire poured out of the cannons continuously... Though you found a valid flaw to my comparison to ANH... They weren't trying to take out the Tantive IV, rather disable it.
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
Sith God
Village Idiot

no shit dumb ass

Post by Sith God »

i'm saying that the corvette would be paste if it was trying to fly above the isd fuck use your god damned brain
Lord HuMan
Redshirt

Post by Lord HuMan »

Jeez... Why are we getting to tense here. We're just dicussing something.. Smile and be happy! :D
/\Chiss Clawcraft/\
Sith God
Village Idiot

Post by Sith God »

your right
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Sith has turned troll on us if you notice he posted idiot responces to everything now
OAN Yes they where trying to disable it but those where not Ion cannons shooting, Ion cannons don't destroy matter no cause reactors to overload they just short out equipment and if you remeber in ANH they blew the reactor apart :)

And remeber the final bit of trival
When comparing evidance
Movies always win VS anything except another movie :)

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sith God
Village Idiot

capital ships

Post by Sith God »

does anyone have an educated guess as to the weaponry of a mon cal cruiser? excluding the weg or eu stats

also do you agree with saxton that home one is 3km long at least?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Near the ISD's bridge down where that elevated section is...on each side there are four quad-turbolaser batteries that protect the bridge or the dorsal side of the ship.

That corvette would be incinerated no matter if the corvette is sitting right on top of it or on the side where the side weapons can fire..

If that corvette goes on top of the ISD..it's trapped and dead.

Cyaround,
Jason
P.S.- I'll try and find the pic that showed those turbolaser batteries to prove it. Though it was never used in the movies.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: no shit dumb ass

Sith God wrote:i'm saying that the corvette would be paste if it was trying to fly above the isd fuck use your god damned brain

You're the person who started this REALLY stupid thread.
Bender and God, Futurama
Sith God
Village Idiot

my point

Post by Sith God »

is this, many of the books and writings after jedi are nuts and outrageous. They make several un researched claims and put in the book as fact when it is not. You know the examples if you have been to star wars technical commentaries. an isd has far more weapons than 60 tl and 60 ion canoons and it does have a powerful shiel and point defense weapons to destroy fighters i just would like to see the entire thing after jedi re-written and written correctly it would be more interesting. There are several unanswered questions that have not be addresses.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Please don't feed the troll fokes just moove along

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Now here's a question: In ANH opening, did the Blockade Runner purposefully hide under the ISD Devastator (due to the "lack of ventral gun" bullshit), or it was the Devastator that MOVING TO THE TOP OF THE CORVETTE so it can tractor beam and drag the Corvette to its hangar bay???????

The ISD's mission is to CAPTURE the Corvette, didn't it?

PS: A note on Sith God. Pls consider my question above before trolling this thread and get your ass fucked. :evil: