So I've purchased XWA... where are the Trek opts?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Kurgan
Sith Marauder

So I've purchased XWA... where are the Trek opts?

Post by Kurgan »

Okay, many of you may laugh, but this has always been in my mind, the "ultimate" SW fantasy space flight game (even if it's not as "slam bang instant action" as something like Star Wars Trilogy Arcade). There's more freedom, complexity, there's multiplayer, and most of all, modability!

So I played the game a bit back in the day, but now I've finally got my own copy in pristine condition.

Wow, I'd nearly forgotten how cool it is to open a "big" game box for the first time!). I of course downloaded all the XWAupgrade mods, some sound mods, and installed the latest official patch and the accurate SSD opt, and so forth. Also great to read the 1998/99 LucasArts product catalog (back before the Dark Times... before the Prequel glut of bad games!) full of ads for great titles, many of which I have owned as well.

But sadly, I could NOT find any Star Trek mods... apart from an E-E and NCC-1701!

Please, somebody tell me that others have been made? I want to have some SW vs. ST battles! If not, is anyone working on any such things? I realize this is an old game, but it's still unique (and please don't tell me to buy brand X, because the excitement/nostalgia has not worn off for me yet, don't ruin it!).

It's a shame I won't have time to do much playing until Christmas, but it's still cool to mess around in the "simulator" with all these constructed battles!

Tell me there are some XWA heads hiding out here?

Thanks in advance.
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to gaming
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Re: So I've purchased XWA... where are the Trek opts?

Post by Molyneux »

Kurgan wrote:Okay, many of you may laugh, but this has always been in my mind, the "ultimate" SW fantasy space flight game (even if it's not as "slam bang instant action" as something like Star Wars Trilogy Arcade). There's more freedom, complexity, there's multiplayer, and most of all, modability!

So I played the game a bit back in the day, but now I've finally got my own copy in pristine condition.

Wow, I'd nearly forgotten how cool it is to open a "big" game box for the first time!). I of course downloaded all the XWAupgrade mods, some sound mods, and installed the latest official patch and the accurate SSD opt, and so forth. Also great to read the 1998/99 LucasArts product catalog (back before the Dark Times... before the Prequel glut of bad games!) full of ads for great titles, many of which I have owned as well.

But sadly, I could NOT find any Star Trek mods... apart from an E-E and NCC-1701!

Please, somebody tell me that others have been made? I want to have some SW vs. ST battles! If not, is anyone working on any such things? I realize this is an old game, but it's still unique (and please don't tell me to buy brand X, because the excitement/nostalgia has not worn off for me yet, don't ruin it!).

It's a shame I won't have time to do much playing until Christmas, but it's still cool to mess around in the "simulator" with all these constructed battles!

Tell me there are some XWA heads hiding out here?

Thanks in advance.
I own the game, but haven't reinstalled it since my laptop HD went kerflooey. It is truly a fun flightsim game to play, I just wish there were a newer entry in the series...and my time here has corrupted me. Whenever I play something with nonNewtonian space combat, there's always a little voice in my head nagging at me about it.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Actually, those and the Starbase are the only Star Trek OPTs that I know of.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Got a link for the starbase opt? ;)
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Re: So I've purchased XWA... where are the Trek opts?

Post by Kurgan »

Old as dirt, but I found it (and we miss you, GR).

http://greygriffon.xvtedicion.es

The Romulan and Battlestar Opt links are dead, but the Federation and Klingon one's work!

http://polarisfs.tripod.com/stopts.html (E-E and NCC-17701)

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/emulator/889/ (Borg Cube and some other stuff)

Now that XWAUpgrade.com has released the updated Executor and Home One, I can't wait to have a SW vs. Star Trek battle!

MTFBWY, LLAP

JKA Server 2024