Nemesis

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Nemesis

Post by desertjedi »

Well I just got home from watching the supposed (and hopefully) last of TNG cast movies. I have to say I was actually bored through out most of the movie, although it was refreshing to see the Enterprise in action. MI overheard a couple of fans say they would have rather paid the $10.00 ticket to watch the series finale episode "All Good Things..." on the big screen than this. I have to agree. Now I do like Trek on some levels, but this wa a disappointment. If you were thinking of going to the theater to see this, forget about it. This is definitely a DVD renter for some future weekend.
jegs2
Imperial Spook

Post by jegs2 »

Okay, well then I'll wait for that flick to come out on video. Besides, The Two Towers will soon hit the theaters...
John 3:16-18
Warwolves G2
The University of North Alabama Lions!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Moved to the appropriate forum.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Re: Nemesis

Post by Uraniun235 »

desertjedi wrote:Well I just got home from watching the supposed (and hopefully) last of TNG cast movies. I have to say I was actually bored through out most of the movie, although it was refreshing to see the Enterprise in action. MI overheard a couple of fans say they would have rather paid the $10.00 ticket to watch the series finale episode "All Good Things..." on the big screen than this. I have to agree. Now I do like Trek on some levels, but this wa a disappointment. If you were thinking of going to the theater to see this, forget about it. This is definitely a DVD renter for some future weekend.
Ten dollars?!?

Holy crap. I paid seven, and if I'd waited for a matinee showing, it'd have been $4.50.

And, if you didn't like it, why should you care if they make more or not?
Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Post by Kintaro »

I thought it was okay, for about $5. Having Janeway as an admiral was strange (espically after only command of one starship, at least I think she commanded only one ship, for seven years). Anyways, in my opinion, I thought it was better than crap-ass Insurrection.