The Silvio Berlusconi Story (part two)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

evilsoup
Jedi Knight

The Silvio Berlusconi Story (part two)

Post by evilsoup »

Silvio Berlusconi: The Man, The Legend.

"What is the reason for your visit for your visit to our lovely country? Business or pleasure?"

I thought long and hard about how I would answer this question. In a way it was business: I was being paid to be here, of course; to perform this dark task. But I knew in my heart that it would also be a great pleasure.

"Silvio Berlusconi," I said. The customs official smiled, as if by saying those two words I had entered into a secret society. If he had known my true meaning-

"Ah, yes, our great Prime Minister, the eighth wonder of the world. People say: I have come to see the leaning tower, or the coliseum. But I can see the truth in their eyes. Good luck," he said, passing back my passport. A great tension left my body: the tension of lying; knowing that if I was caught taking Berlusconi's name in vain, the consequences would not be worth thinking about.

I waited for over an hour for my luggage. I was worried as I waited: what if they had searched for weapons? But they had not. The reason sorting had taken so long was because the attendants were 'off with the Prime Minister', judging from their deeply satisfied smiles.

Their contented, bovine stares were too much to bear. I took my luggage as soon as I could and ran. Nobody tried to stop me, or ask me to slow down; there was no kind of security at the airport.

I looked up at a poster of his manly visage, and felt a surge of attraction - then I realized that I was being affected already. I looked at the floor and shook my head. Using the ancient meditation techniques I had learned over the years, I struggled to clear my mind.

... Breath in ... breath out ... breath in ... breath out ... breath in ... wow, a Silvio Berlusconi action figure with twenty points of articulation ...

It almost worked. But that was enough. Even if there was a nagging feeling in the back of my head, the mission would be completed.

The mission...

It had been six years ago that I had learned the dark truth behind the most influential, manliest man in the world. Evidence presented to the UN Eschatology Prevention Organisation (UNEPO) - of which I am a junior member - by a team of archaeologists, geologists and primordial physicists: evidence of an extremely old force working on human history, and on time-scales barely within our comprehension.

Each time this force acted on the Earth, it seemed to take a new form. An unusual dinosaur which left sponge-like fossils. A unique wavelength of light. A nine-foot tall, skeletal figure appearing in the artwork of many ancient cultures.

And Silvio Berlusconi.

Something was going to happen: something big, and bad. It seemed unlikely, impossible; but Berlusconi was at the centre of whatever was going to happen. In my bag I had a grounding rod, to pierce any metaphysical defences, and a handgun. The great man would be holding a press conference later that day; I had a press badge.

Two more hours of waiting, then I saw, and I ...

... and then I was running, a baying crowd chasing through the streets. Their leader was dead by my hand, but-

I rounded a corner, and there he was, standing in front of me with his cocksure half-smile, drink in hand, as he had been at the press conference. I stopped, turned around, but the street behind me had disappeared; it was replaced by a wall. I had dropped the gun in my panic, but I still had the grounding rod.

I took it and charged; but as it made contact I lost all feeling in my body: I couldn't move. Then he spoke, but it was a new voice, one as old as cold:

"That was an ... interesting experience. Did you honestly think that your petty, watered-down hedge-magic could kill me? I'm no stray demon, no lost elemental. You may speak, by the way."

And then I found I could speak, though the rest of my body was paralysed.

"What are you? What do you want with us?"

"I was here first. What do you lot want with me?"

"You- you are something. I don't know what. But you cause things. Change. Destruction. The Oxygen catastrophe, the K-T event, the fall of Atlantis; of Lemuria. And now, here ... why?"

"Oh, no reason at all. Sometimes I like to have a little fun."

"Fun? You're doing this ... because you are bored?"

"Yes. Sort of. Look, take a message back to your superiors, okay?"

"O- okay-"

"Tell them that I burned my feet on the hot surface of this ball of dirt when it was new. They cannot stop me. But I promise not to do too much damage. Now, off you go,"

He raised an eyebrow, and then I was stood outside the UN building in New York. I checked the news on the first chance I could: no mention on an attempt on Berlusconi's life. A brief mention on the Reuters web-site about a press conference that had experienced a brief technical failure, nothing more.

I reported everything to the heads of UNEPO. They seemed to believe me; it doesn't matter. The only hope we have for the survival of civilization is the word ... of Silvio Berlusconi.
Last edited by evilsoup on 2011-04-14 07:16am, edited 2 times in total.
And also one of the ingredients to making a pony is cocaine. -Darth Fanboy.

My Little Warhammer: Friendship is Heresy - Latest Chapter: 7 - Rainbow Crash
Mayabird
Storytime!

Re: The Silvio Berlusconi Story

Post by Mayabird »

This made me giggle. Thanks.
[line 2]
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

That explains a lot.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Suddenly Italian politics starts to make sense. :)
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

SIlvio Berlusconi: simultaneously the most corrupt and awesome man in Europe.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I wonder what would happen if he and the Dos Equis guy were to meet? :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Enigma wrote:I wonder what would happen if he and the Dos Equis guy were to meet? :)
Vladimir Putin would be created.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Seven post newbie with one of the seven posts being epic AWESOME. So far, you're off to a good start, new guy. If you continue this it will be read. If you continue it in a way that displeases us, I'll email Silvio...
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Genius. Loved it.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

I'm so, so glad that my bookmarks take me first to *this* forum before I go around my N&P/SLAM jaunts. More, please!
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
evilsoup
Jedi Knight

Post by evilsoup »

Well, I did intend for this to be a stand-alone short story, but you've managed to reach my ego-stroking threshold. I'll put a third part up later.
PART THE SECOND

The UNEPO headquarters was cloistered safely within the United Nations Emergency Bunker, directly underneath the building; most of the rooms struck a balance between practicality and luxury, but here there were only a four cushioned chairs and a desk, moved to the centre of the room.

The carpet had been pulled up, revealing a concrete floor. Around the edge of the room was drawn, with white chalk, a circle surrounded by precisely inscribed runes. A smaller version of the design was chalked on the door.

Edward Barner - a man, white, middle-aged, wearing a very expensive suit - sat behind the desk, waiting. He stared at the middle distance for a while, listening to the tick of the clock on his desk, and then reached into a drawer and pulled out a thick dossier. He pulled out some papers and read them for the dozenth time.

The door opened, startling the man; "...very delicate situation, sir, as I'm sure you will appreciate- ah! Mr Barner," - two people walked in. The first looked very similar to Barner - a man, white, middle-aged though slightly younger than Barner himself, wearing an equally expensive suit, blond to Barner's brown hair. He was called John Garst. The second man was clearly the odd one out of the three. He was young - about seventeen by the look of him - and vaguely near-eastern, wearing a white cotton shirt and black trousers. He was a mystery.

"Here's our guest, sir."
"Thank you, Garst. Please, both of you, sit down."

They both sat. Barner selected a sheaf of papers and passed them to Garst, who passed them to the other man.

"I take it Garst has filled you in on our problem?"
"Mm. Yes." The mystery gave the papers a cursory reading, then continued:
"Your auratic studies pointed towards the Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, of being some kind of mystical threat. Fools that you are, you sent an agent after him. He failed, so now you're turning to me. But that was nearly a decade ago. Why now?"

Barner took a single sheet of paper, handed it to Garst, who handed it to the mystery.
"Yesterday, every printer in every office in the UN building printed these. Those printers aren't connected to any sort of network, so there's no chance of a virus affecting them all. Some of them were turned off. They all continued printing until they ran out of ink."

The mystery read the paper and snorted back a laugh. On it was written:
SILVIO BERLUSCONI FACTS wrote:Silvio Berlusconi doesn't sleep. He waits.

Silvio Berlusconi once went to China. This is why there are so many Chinese people.

Silvio Berlusconi built his own space ship. Then he flew to the moon and slept with it.

The Virgin Mary is no longer a Virgin due to Silvio Berlusconi.

Jesus is no longer a virgin due to Silvio Berlusconi.

Silvio Berlusconi had sex with a singularity. This is known as the Big Bang.

Silvio Berlusconi arrived on the Earth. This is how life began.

A single one of Silvio Berlusconi's pelvic thrusts could power a city for a year.

Silvio Berlusconi once had sex with India. Now we have the Himalayas.

The first world war was actually caused by sexual jealousy towards Silvio Berlusconi.

Silvio Berlusconi once had sex with Saturn. This is how the rings came into being.

When the going gets tough, Silvio Berlusconi has sex with it.
"Cute trick. What's his auratic frequency?"

This time it was Garst who answered:
"About five-oh-seven by five-nine-one."
"Mn. Not Abrahamic, or Hindic. Yes, I can definitely handle this."

lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

He took over the Chuck Norris Facts?! Oh, hell...
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Re: The Silvio Berlusconi Story (part two)

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Yeah, now somehow I have to know what parts Putin, Teddy Roosevelt, and Andrew Jackson might play in this story. Surely there must be some kind of history there.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"